Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Looks like Blizzard came up with something to make you spend that garrison money.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=140309/prismatic-bauble - Toy that shows a rainbow behind you. Lasts 20 seconds. Cost: 100k gold.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137570/bloodfang-cocoon - Spider mount. Cost: 100k gold.

These items are supposedly sold by the "Mad Merchant", who sells extremely expensive items.

The goldsinks are real. RIP to all that easy money we made with the garrisons.

a 20 sec rainbow for 100k rip off

oh shocking the first spider mount is 100k. least it isnt another store mount.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    100k is a small price to pay to look so God damned fabulous.
    I'm not even the wealthiest person in my guild, but I could manage to part with 200k for the lulz of it.

The price of the mount isn't that bad, which is unique. The toy on the other hand is a different story. For that price, it shouldn't have a CD.

100k is one week of garrison money.

So there will have to be many others.

Hmm thought the spider mount was only 25k but even if I bought that and the toy I'd still have atleast 100k left which is more than adequate, this is with my current 300k, over the the next 4 months that number is probably closer to 500k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, they just made me pay out a weeks worth of gold. They're gonna need more than just those 2 things to get rid of a lot of peoples gold.

>Sell gold for real $ -> create in-game gold sink -> profit

200k... that's nearly 3 weeks of garrisson farming (including selling stuff you get there). The horror...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Now I have to resub for 40K to earn another 200K for toys!!!! #fistshake Blizzard

This is just the beginning, you can bet your ass there's gonna be a shit ton of goldsinks like this.

Deleted
    Believe it or not some people are not sitting on millions of gold atm. I stopped playing a most of WoD along with many others because we dont like it very much.

That being said i dont understand people whining over this.

I dont have the gold to buy those things now, but i usually earn a lot of gold if its an expansion i like so i'm not even semi scared that i'l get the mount.

Stop whining

100k for Spider mount. Good. I don't want to see a legion of giant Spiders around my character anyways /SHIVER~!!!

Personally my gold sink is going to be wow tokens, dmc trinket and crafted gear... so /shrug

100k... so just about ~2 days of garrison missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 20k gold and I am able to buy one of those! Well, that would leave me with zero gold, but I guess the spider mount is worth it.

Thats nice i hope they add more, cuz 200k isn't anything i my self got over 15mil and im "casual" i dont wanna know what players who try to farm gold have

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh not really surprising, as soon as blizz started selling gold you knew the next expansion would be filled with gold sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    100k... so just about ~2 days of garrison missions.
    How many garrisons? Because I have 6 and there's no way I'm making 50k a day from garrison missions.