Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    WoWs community may well be a shitstain, I'm in no position to judge right now. But in my experience, it was never this bad. You did get bad group occasionally, and you did run into the odd deliquent here and there, but they were few and far between.
    The plague of WOW pug raiding is people constantly leaving groups for no reason, groups disbanding after a wipe, and groups being elitist towards lesser geared / inexperienced players because every group leader is shaking his pants the group will flop.

In Dota and LoL people get called out and banned for far less than what I saw going on in Rift, both Valve and Riot take active measures to clean up their games community. I don't even think Trion have a system for dealing with these kinds of people.
    However I've never seen in WOW the "toxicity" levels as I saw in LOL or let's say hearthstone if you're crazy enough to accept friend invites from recent opponents (I never do, but saw screenshots posted around). I don't see people running around in wow telling me f my mom or get cancer. In LOL it was very common, not sure how successful was the cleanup, because I no longer play LOL.

Finally managed to strong arm my way into a Mount Sharax raid last night, only took 12 months of trying!

Turns out that I probably shouldn't have bothered, in a few hours of raiding I've now got more people on ignore in Rift than I have in Dota and LoL combined. This community is absolutely vile to each other in a way that I've never seen people behave in a game before. We kicked our Bard just before the first boss, not because he was bad, undergeared of anything like that, but because he dared to try lighten the mood by macroing We are the Champions lyrics to his songs as he buffed us. Bulf had more F words in raid warnings than the Oxford English Dictionary. Jinoscoth was a complete and utter joke, it even included me being accused of having a "Damage Meter Hack" to make myself look good, because there was no way a Harb could be doing that much DPS.

The Ywra-thing-um-ma-jig was horrid too. I've done Yogg Saron before now, I know how to face away from a boss. Some people with 1400 hit and every achivement under the sun still struggle with the idea.

There was so much passive aggression, elitism, ego trips, wipes for the silliest of reasons and arguments over loot. In all my time gaming, I don't think I've ever seen anything even close to this bad before. It was my own personal circle of hell.
    You'll be surprised to know WoW's pug scene can be just as toxic if not worse these days,I'd go so far as to say that as it deteriorated there it kinda rubbed off onto other mmo's,pugging in Rift wasn't always like that,we used to pug GSB/ROS/HK on our alts in the very beginning and it was actually quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    in a few hours of raiding I've now got more people on ignore in Rift than I have in Dota and LoL combined. This community is absolutely vile to each other in a way that I've never seen people behave in a game before.
    Was this NA or EU? in EU it's Warfronts that have the toxic kool kids, which i suppose is on par with PvP anyway, everyone is a muppet if you're on the losing team. Anyone playing from EU would know of a certain person who will sit in the spawn area crying and whining and generally insulting everyone on his team, then comes out of the Warfront and starts off on 65 chat

Don't really PuG raids in Rift but the very few times went ok, everyone was on Teamspeak anyhow so tactics got explained/thrown around but haven't done a PuG in about 2 years so no idea how it's changed or gotten toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    we need to get her hit up to 800 so we can run some experts and get our 1000 Hit Rating and we'll see how it goes.
    Everyone will less than, say, 1,000 hit gets boosted up to 1200 hit when they enter a Tier 1 Raid and also get boosted by 1500 health, so in theory you and the wife can join a T1 PuG, obviously it's only your hit and health get boosted, nothing else so if you do 30k DPS now you'll do 30k DPS in the raid, just bear that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Anyone playing from EU would know of a certain person who will sit in the spawn area crying and whining and generally insulting everyone on his team, then comes out of the Warfront and starts off on 65 chat
    EU, I'm on Gelidra. Mwlandwii and my good friend Mr Ignore list are very well aquiainted with each other at this point. People don't condone his behaviour, although they do keep enouraging him when he gets started. Raiders it seems are happy to just accept that being a massive dick comes with the territory.

I don't think I'll be doing any more raiding in Rift though, just doesn't seem worth the effort. The content is no challenge at all compared to the societalty challenged people who complete it. I'm going to stick to commiting virtual financial crimes on the AH that would get me arrested if I ever did them in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Everyone will less than, say, 1,000 hit gets boosted up to 1200 hit when they enter a Tier 1 Raid and also get boosted by 1500 health, so in theory you and the wife can join a T1 PuG, obviously it's only your hit and health get boosted, nothing else so if you do 30k DPS now you'll do 30k DPS in the raid, just bear that in mind
    I noticed us getting this buff when running the RoF Chronicle, but thought it was just for Chronicles. The game really should do more to let you know about these things. Perhaps it did in a quest and I missed it or it's a quest I have not done yet. I'd still rather actually have the 1,000 hit instead of being boosted by a buff, so the rest of my stats are balanced out better. I prefer to not enter Experts/Raids unless I am fully prepared, runes and everything, so need to notoriety to get everything. I also still need to finish the Nightmare Saga and the quests in PTW, but have been working on notoriety mostly so far, so I do both Chronicles then dailies and if I have some more time after that I work on clearing out quests. After that the plan is to work on some NMRs I guess. I have found in the past that when trying to get in to a PuG that wants achievements when you don't have them, it's best to be as prepared as possible.

On that note though, if there are any guilds on NA shards that are getting in to entry level raiding and raid after 9PM Central Time not on Fri/Sat Nights, hit me up, my wife and I would be interested in joining. I am a Mage, willing to Tank/Heal/Support(would need to learn support), possibly DPS. Wife is a rogue who prefers DPS but is also willing to Bard or Heal, no interest in tanking.

I noticed us getting this buff when running the RoF Chronicle, but thought it was just for Chronicles. The game really should do more to let you know about these things. Perhaps it did in a quest and I missed it or it's a quest I have not done yet.
    It was a recent addition to try to get more folks into an "easymode" version of raids. They really should have some kind of explanation about it in-game though, as IIRC there's no way to know it would even exist unless you read about it online.

IIRC it also bumps up player stats the longer you're in the raid, so if you're wiping a lot you'll be getting more powerful over time to hopefully overcome whatever obstacle there is.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Rift has a lot of bad things but lack of addons is not one of them.
    Please show me 2 good bar addons.

I'd expect that being able to make your own mods is something beyond most players in general. If its not something you already have an interest in, and would therefore probably know how to do already, then you'd have to learn how from the basics upwards. I expect thats too far out of the way for most players to go for something as minor as not liking their hotbars - Especially when Rifts UI is very customisable right from the start with minimal effort required. You may not end up with ones that are perfect, but you can get them close enough for it not to matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaikar View Post
    Rift's basic UI is arguably the best in the industry. It's highly customizable with no need for external addons. Like the other guy stated, Rift has many problems, but a lack of addons isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Rift's basic UI is arguably the best in the industry. It's highly customizable with no need for external addons. Like the other guy stated, Rift has many problems, but a lack of addons isn't one of them.
    For reals. It's super customizable in a way that few other UI's are (many offer customization, but not to the level Rift does) and most of the UI elements are pretty compact without tons of wasted screen space for "artsy" stuff. I only briefly modded it, but really have never felt the need to find any major UI mods like I do in some other MMO's where UI elements, no matter how you scale them, end up taking up far too much screen space for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What?

Damn, where does the time go. I still remember running around Tortage on release. :O
    Yeah, me too. And then getting to mid-game and realizing where all the budget for the game went : P

Deleted
    If u mean skill bars, u can customize rifts ui bars you dont need one for that, if you mean cast bars you have gadgets addon, Literally you only need gadgets, karulalert and riftmeter(id add addon to track raid cooldowns too) and you are set to go.

The action bars in Rift are so good they don't need addons. What about them needs to be changed? You can already lay them out in just about any way imaginable and they can be resized easily as part of default. About the only thing they need is something like OmniCC from WoW and they have that:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/ri...onbarcooldowns

So if you consider that Rifts own UI is so good it practically counts as an addon, here's your second one:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/rustys-action-bars

and if you want Radial instead:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/nkradial

The action bars in Rift are so good they don't need addons. What about them needs to be changed? You can already lay them out in just about any way imaginable and they can be resized easily as part of default. About the only thing they need is something like OmniCC from WoW and they have that:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/ri...onbarcooldowns

So if you consider that Rifts own UI is so good it practically counts as an addon, here's your second one:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/rustys-action-bars

and if you want Radial instead:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/nkradial
    "I was really looking forward to using this then i found out i can't put macros onto the bars big letdown for me."

I had the same problem. These addons do not compare to bartender or Dominos.

"I was really looking forward to using this then i found out i can't put macros onto the bars big letdown for me."

I had the same problem. These addons do not compare to bartender or Dominos.
    It's been a long time since I've played WoW so I am not sure, but what functionality do Bartender and Dominoes have that is not included in the default UI of Rift?

It's been a long time since I've played WoW so I am not sure, but what functionality do Bartender and Dominoes have that is not included in the default UI of Rift?

I have the ability to create as many bars as I want where ever I want to w/e length and size I want. Place Macros items spells etc on them. Have some bars hide in combat etc etc. Rift is great for the default UI but I want so much more information.

I have the ability to create as many bars as I want where ever I want to w/e length and size I want. Place Macros items spells etc on them. Have some bars hide in combat etc etc. Rift is great for the default UI but I want so much more information.
    Both Dominos and Bartender have a limit of 10 bars, clearly stated on their curse pages, so no not as many as you want. I also vaguely remember from when I played a limit or 20 or so buttons per bar, so once again, not whatever size you want. Rift allows you 10-12 bars by default, that you can place anywhere you want. You can by default place macros, items and spells on them. By default, I am pretty sure you can have certain ones hide in combat, I'll have to double check when I get home on that one though.

So again, you didn't really state what you want it to do that it does not already. You say you want so much more information, but can not tell me what that information is.

A game where anti-aliasing is required to be On so my nameplate text isnt blurry has no right to talk about anything.

Yes, played Rift for 2 years, its interface wasnt anything special for when it came and still isnt, stop wearing rose tinted glasses, it just had basic customization in it where other games didnt have to do it cause addons, and by now tons of people use them, its a 12 year old game, even the last of the last noobs had bartender on or some sort of addon.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yes, played Rift for 2 years, its interface wasnt anything special for when it came and still isnt, stop wearing rose tinted glasses, it just had basic customization in it where other games didnt have to do it cause addons, and by now tons of people use them, its a 12 year old game, even the last of the last noobs had bartender on or some sort of addon.
    I may be reading you wrong, but are you asserting that rift is a 12 year old game? If so you are mistaken, Rift was released five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    I may be reading you wrong, but are you asserting that rift is a 12 year old game? If so you are mistaken, Rift was released five years ago.
    Nah, i meant the discussion was about WoW addons and Rift ones, WoW is a 12 year old game and by now there are so many addons that how the default interface is, is irrelevant, despite that they improve it.

While Rift was forced to have much more customization in order to compete, but even so it didnt have anything that special, despite that it had one major flaw, that Anti-Aliasing of the Engine, was part of the interface, you needed Anti-aliasing ON to not have Blurry nameplates which is beyond mega stupid.

Rewrote it better for you

While Rift was forced to have much more customization in order to compete,
    Would need sauce for the "Forced" part, considering mods have been supported since day 1 IIRC.

but even so it didnt have anything that special, despite that it had one major flaw, that Anti-Aliasing of the Engine, was part of the interface, you needed Anti-aliasing ON to not have Blurry nameplates which is beyond mega stupid.
    I played for years without AA and never had any trouble reading nameplates. I'll have to load it up without AA to see what you're talking about but I don't remember it.