Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Anonymous releases Hillary Clinton video.

So I don't follow this stuff to much. Are we seeing a bunch of stuff out of context, or....?

Most politicians are weather-vanes, pointing whichever way the wind blows. It's easy enough to cherry pick somebody's comments nowadays...especially somebody who's been in public life for a while.

Deleted
    Everyone, vote for Trump!

OH SHIT!

FUCK!
    Last edited by mmoc1ccafd3aee; 2016-04-30 at 09:42 PM.

I don't think anyone needs to go through an attack piece line by line and debunk it. On politifact, Hillary is rated about mid-range. Above Ted Cruz, below Sanders, and below Obama.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't think anyone needs to go through an attack piece line by line and debunk it.
    Because there's nothing to debunk. She's a political weather vane and she lies constantly. She has absolutely no personal convictions or passions, nothing that has held true throughout her entire life. She has never fought for any higher ideal. She has always gone for personal gain, wealth and power.

Whether all that affects anyone's decision to vote for her is a different matter. Some people want their politicians to be outright liars and flipfloppers.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-04-30 at 10:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't think anyone needs to go through an attack piece line by line and debunk it. On politifact, Hillary is rated about mid-range. Above Ted Cruz, below Sanders, and below Obama.
    "politifact is fact, it has fact in the name."

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of Clinton but the Anonymous are the real cunts.

Lol, Weather Vein....Hillary's post is just a lot more worn in and better lubed than others ...she spins more freely...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    But ....but they are hero's when they expose conservatives bs....just cunts when they go after dems?
    Hows that work exactly?

Again, I loath the far right and far left...and none of them rep. me.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Most politicians are weather-vanes, pointing whichever way the wind blows. It's easy enough to cherry pick somebody's comments nowadays...especially somebody who's been in public life for a while.
    This more than anything else. Most politicians that have been a public entity for a decade or more is usually pretty easy to cherry-pick to death.

If you want to look at overall statements, you need to look at Politifact. (Yes, I know conservatives want to call them highly biased, but they are, in fact, far more neutral than any source out there today... http://www.debate.org/debates/Politifact-is-biased/1/ if you want to see a real debate on the subject)

Hillary Clinton has 193 statements that they examined. She's sitting at 49% True or Mostly True, and 29% Pants on Fire, False or Mostly False.

Compare to Donald Trump who has 134 statements that they examined. He's sitting at 9% True or Mostly True, and 76% Pants on Fire, False or Mostly False.

Bernie Sanders has only 96 statements that they examined (hasn't been in the spotlight as much). He's sitting at 51% True or Mostly True, and 31% False or Mostly False (no Pants on Fire).

Ted Cruz has 107 statements that they examined. He's sitting at 23% True or Mostly True, and 66% Pants on Fire, False or Mostly False.

So what does all that mean? It means that Anonymous could make a similar video to the above for Bernie Sanders and make him look just as bad. But, if you want to look in context at the options you might have this November, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz lie to you far more often than either Sanders or Clinton.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    But ....but they are hero's when they expose conservatives bs....just cunts when they go after dems?
    Hows that work exactly?

Again, I loath the far right and far left...and none of them rep. me.
    I support neither side. I just hate hackers. If I had any say in the matter, I'd re-purpose military drones to take them out.

I support neither side. I just hate hackers. If I had any say in the matter, I'd re-purpose military drones to take them out.
    You could hack the drones and do it. Oh wait.

She a politician... If the fact that she (or anyone) will lie to get elected troubles you, or you find it shocking, you're not old enough / smart enough / mature enough to be allowed to vote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You could hack the drones and do it. Oh wait.
    I could hire a hacker to hack the drone-hacking hackers. Then I'd just take the one I hired when the job was finished!

Outside of Sanders the others still in the public eye all flip flop all the time. Some of it is they are expected to act like experts on all topics as soon as they become a hot issue. Mich McConnell bashing Apple for not unlocking the phone only to come back soon after that and say he looked into it further and realizes why it shouldn't be done is a good example of somebody changing their mind for a good reason and explaining it. Then you have Clinton or Trump who say whatever they think the crowd they are talking to wants to hear. Since it isn't okay for them to not respond or seem well informed they would rather say something crazy and wrong since it will be over and done with soon enough. There is always a newer and bigger story just on the horizon so they are rarely held accountable for things they say.

- - - Updated - - -

Many people that have jack shit to do with them claim to be a part of it or out of ignorance of reporting are lumped in with them. It sure seems like many are pretty awful people though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    She a politician... If the fact that she (or anyone) will lie to get elected troubles you, or you find it shocking, you're not old enough / smart enough / mature enough to be allowed to vote.
    Only thing I'd like to see, and maybe it's more the voters fault, is that politicians can at least say "I changed my mind". Sadly it seems, if you say you changed your mind on a topic it means you never understood it and thus you are unfit for office because you didn't understand the nuisance of every subject ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Old video, or at least I've seen a bunch of the clips before. No one wants a static politician. A politician must be able to adapt to the times and their constituents. Ironically, the internet loves populist candidates who must change opinions by the very definition of the word. What are their names again? Trump and Sanders?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Shouldn't the "populist candidate" be the one with the most votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Only thing I'd like to see, and maybe it's more the voters fault, is that politicians can at least say "I changed my mind". Sadly it seems, if you say you changed your mind on a topic it means you never understood it and thus you are unfit for office because you didn't understand the nuisance of every subject ever!
    I agree, never understood why they don't turn around and go;

"You know what, I've changed my mind. I do that, as do you, as does everyone. Would you rather elect a President who never changes their mind despite the clear indication that their belief or opinion is wrong, and that other options might be more important to the nation, and the people? If you want someone who stands firm on the facts, who stands with their the values of this nation, I'm your guy, but if you want someone who is going to be fanatical, is going to be stupid and childish about policy, don't bother voting for me then ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I agree, never understood why they don't turn around and go;

"You know what, I've changed my mind. I do that, as do you, as does everyone. Would you rather elect a President who never changes their mind despite the clear indication that their belief or opinion is wrong, and that other options might be more important to the nation, and the people? If you want someone who stands firm on the facts, who stands with their the values of this nation, I'm your guy, but if you want someone who is going to be fanatical, is going to be stupid and childish about policy, don't bother voting for me then ..."
    If she goes far-rightward after you've voted for her because she changed her mind then it just sucks then...Is that how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If she goes far-rightward after you've voted for her because she changed her mind then it just sucks then...Is that how it works?
    I'm not saying people change from Left Wing to Right Wing, I'm saying you can change your mind, or come to realisations based on a lot of different factors on issues that are still important to many, but don't drastically change your political stance. As I said, I'd rather vote for a politician that was firm on their values, but wasn't staunch enough to fuck everyone over because of it.

Changing your mind based on the presented facts, or a new understanding is part of being an adult. If you can't be an adult about these things, the last place you deserve to be, is in the Oval Office ...