Poll: Is it rude to burn the map/banner or burst the blood someone else is makes available?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Assault Etiquette

You're clearing mobs at the Iron Front and someone else runs by to burn the banners/maps before you get to them. Or doing the same in Bleeding Hollow, and someone else bursts the blood orb you've just made available.

Is all fair in the mad scramble to get your 100% and complete your dailies? Or is this just poor manners?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. Everything respawns. Don't like it/too impatient? Fast CRZ to a dead server. Stuffs already there. Why is this poll/thread needed? Think outside the box.

I personally think its rude and don't do it unless they do it to me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Who cares. Everything respawns. Don't like it/too impatient? Fast CRZ to a dead server. Stuffs already there. Why is this poll/thread needed? Think outside the box.
    Why is this website needed? We're all killing time, amusing ourselves discussing a silly game. This is just something I was wondering about while doing dailies on an alt today.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-05-01 at 07:01 AM. Reason: clarification

It depends on whether I have the Stables on that alt or not. If I don't, then it's a rude act I would never engage in.

If I do, then yeah, fuck 'em, I'm stealing that and bailing faster then they'll notice*.

*Note I don't do this with the bubbles if someone is fighting the mob, since the mob will despawn.

Personally I consider it bad manners, just like when you clear enemies to safely gather herbs, veins or treasure chests and someone else takes advantage of it. But certainly not something worth to rage about

Those blood orbs are somewhat a special category though. Not only it gets snatched, but the mob itself despawns if you don't kill it quickly enough, giving you no assault progress whatsoever.

I constantly grab anything I can. I even stop and wait for the guy right next to me to aggro mobs. Some times it happens to me and I don't like it but if you make your bed you have to lie in it. It's not rude, it is playing the game but it does get pretty funny when other players lose their shit with me. My personal favourite is getting the green orbs where the ereder are. I have the mount building in most of my garrisons and it allows me to use clickable items while still flying. Let's me use the green orb while the mobs take a sec or two to acknowledge I am there. By the time they finish their cast I already have it. That gets people especially butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Personally I consider it bad manners, just like when you clear enemies to safely gather herbs, veins or treasure chests and someone else takes advantage of it. But certainly not something worth to rage about.
    This about sums up my feelings. I mostly try to clear my own trash and collect my own rewards, but have to admit a time or two I've clicked what looked to be an abandoned/neglected whatever only to realize there was someone fighting the trash on the other side a few feet away. Then I realize the same may have happened in reverse. Sometimes you just gotta relax and think pirates.

Deleted
    I called someone a c*unt for taking away my mobs at the bleeding hollow daily.

Needless to say; I got banned for 3 hours.

Deleted
    I don't know exactly what you're talking about but it seems you are opening a very broad subject in reality that has to do with human ethics. In short, yes, you can be a pirate. But yes, you might have to deal with the consequences because nature works like that, it has karma built-in into it.

Deleted
    It is rude but it really depends on the people around, if more than one breach that "agreement" it's gone since everyone starts to do it.
    It's highly dependant on the respawn rate, that arrakoa area for example has no code of conduct with those slow spawns while Bleeding Hollow almost respawns instantly, as a ranged class you have to bodypull or you will be standing in the mob you just killed.

This isn't even a new thing but before it was usually about gathering nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezs View Post
    I called someone a c*unt for taking away my mobs at the bleeding hollow daily.

Needless to say; I got banned for 3 hours.
    I got yelled at by someone who tried to pull everything and then complained when I took the orb(s) while he is busy fighting his pull for minutes. If you impede me by your behaviour there is no mercy for you, I didn't report them for it though, goddamn wussies.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't know exactly what you're talking about but it seems you are opening a very broad subject in reality that has to do with human ethics. In short, yes, you can be a pirate. But yes, you might have to deal with the consequences because nature works like that, it has karma built-in into it.
    If you act like that you can not expect people to adhere to a higher standard.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-05-01 at 07:55 AM.

Yes, it's an affront to basic civility. If someone does this go to a alt on the other faction and corpse camp them. If you don't have one then just grief them by tagging things they run at or holding large groups of mobs in front of objectives so they missclick (then vanish/feign).

Hmmm... I posed it as a question more than a suggestion, although making it a poll meant listing responses, and any wording I used was bound to carry connotations. "Pirate" is a fun meme for many, and likely makes the free-for-all sound more fun and less offensive. TBH, I only thought to phrase it that way after I opted to make it a poll, which was after I thought to make the post. I could have raised the question in a way that slanted it more against the free-for-all approach.

Like many (most?) players, I find myself annoyed when this happens to me, and I wondered what others thought. I also wondered what the players who do such things regularly must be thinking and how they justify their actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I got yelled at by someone who tried to pull everything and then complained when I took the orb(s) while he is busy fighting his pull for minutes. If you impede me by your behaviour there is no mercy for you, I didn't report them for it though, goddamn wussies.
    Nope I pulled them one by one. He even waited until I pulled one again. So I called him a c*nt logged out and went to level my alt.
    Last edited by mmoc81eceeff4d; 2016-05-01 at 08:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't go out of my wait to poach those type of items from players that are working at them, but at the same time I'm not going to waste my time just to make you feel better. Besides that, everyone has the option to use the stables. I do on nearly all of my alts so I can quickly and efficiently replenish oil for missions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I find myself annoyed when this happens to me, and I wondered what others thought. I also wondered what the players who do such things regularly must be thinking and how they justify their actions.
    Sometimes it's just accidental. I think I've done it recently in a way that I'm sure it looked like that to the other player but it was mainly because the camera angle had him just out of sight.

I generally avoid it. I don't even ninja the other faction. For me PvP is a defined thing in certain settings and even the Lore doesn't have the factions in total war.

15+ Year Old Account
    The poll is missing /care option

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezs View Post
    Nope I pulled them one by one. He even waited until I pulled one again. So I called him a cunt logged out and went to level my alt.
    Looks like he was purposely beeing obnoxious which explains why he was "offended" by your insult.
    He wasn't offended, it merely gave him another opportunity to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The poll is missing /care option
    lol ~ Isn't that the option where you don't bother to answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes it's just accidental. I think I've done it recently in a way that I'm sure it looked like that to the other player but it was mainly because the camera angle had him just out of sight.

I generally avoid it. I don't even ninja the other faction. For me PvP is a defined thing in certain settings and even the Lore doesn't have the factions in total war.
    YES! I also find myself wondering why we can't rescue slaves/prisoners of the other faction. I mean, I donate monthly to "Free the Slaves" in RL. Neither I nor any of my alts would leave anyone in slavery if I were in a position to do something about it. I'm supposed to walk right past someone in chains because politics? When I have alts on both sides who consider themselves friends? Where's the sense in that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    YES! I also find myself wondering why we can't rescue slaves/prisoners of the other faction. I mean, I donate monthly to "Free the Slaves" in RL. Neither I nor any of my alts would leave anyone in slavery if I were in a position to do something about it. I'm supposed to walk right past someone in chains because politics? When I have alts on both sides who consider themselves friends? Where's the sense in that?
    Yes, I believe it would add flavor to the game if the factions cooperated more at some settings of the game and then went back to being opponents at other settings. The PvP would be always there if you needed it, but it would not mean that it is the default setup out in the wild. In same cases it might be restrictive or boring to have PvP avoided but that could be rectified easily with configurations like "even if that player does not want to engage in pvp, if the other faction actually invaded his zone, he has no choice, he will be in pvp mode no matter what, because it's an invasion, not vacation".