Botting and artifact exp from BGs

As we all know, BG's will give you artifact experience, making them the least effort for obtaining experience for your artifact, and something botters will benefit from greatly.

I feel that botting will be 10000x worse than we've ever experienced or seen before in WOW.

Hopefully Blizzard cracks down on botters? I doubt it, though.

Really going to suck PVPing in Legion now that random BG's are more rewarding than they've ever been before

I really don't look forward to it.

This is assuming Blizzard doesn't put a weekly artifact power cap, which they are likely to do. It will keep players doing content longer and prevents farmers (and botters) from getting too far ahead on the power curve.

That said, there is a hard cap on artifact power anyway. You can only rank up your traits so many times. Any power gains will become irrelevant 2-3 months into the expansion once everyone has at least one artifact completely maxed out.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt most of the HB users get banned in a massive banwave?
    Who cares if they bot, they will eventually risk an account action, at the end it wont matter.
    All the botted work done will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffels View Post
    Didnt most of the HB users get banned in a massive banwave?
    Who cares if they bot, they will eventually risk an account action, at the end it wont matter.
    All the botted work done will be lost.
    They just buy another account, link it to their bnet account, and transfer their char to that account.
    ~1 hour ban at the worst and $60. It's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    They just buy another account, link it to their bnet account, and transfer their char to that account.
    ~1 hour ban at the worst and $60. It's dumb.
    Where did you get this? I had a friend who got banned and his entire account was locked.

Deleted
    Same problem with the legendary drops. Best we can do is just report any obvious botters and hope for the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard cracks down on botters? I doubt it, though.
    They already do, but it's not that easy. It relies a LOT on players reporting, which many people don't bother to do. And then of course you get false reports which doesn't help at all.

The only way to stop botting is to nerf the areas that are heavily botted, but then you risk ruining the game for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Isn't there a weekly Power-cap you can use?
    So they can bot while I just do a couple of dungeons and we all end up with the same thing.

Except for the part where they get banned and I don't.
    Dear god i hope so. I always thought the Power-Cap was a good idea. Many different paths to get to that cap, you decided how to get there. Liked it with the old badge/vp system, the Guild System, and would like it with this system. Each week they can raise the cap or something because of the research books or w/e allowing you to acquire more AP at a time. Or even better they can do it like how they don conquest points, the AP you dont cap rolls over to the following weeks