Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

First hero you will try?

So, soon the no-beta club is over for all of us and we get to try the game.
    When you login for the first time, what hero is the first one you want to try?
    My first will be D.va because pink and also she looks fun to play and seem to be a bit noob friendly

Reaper or Genji, not quite sure yet.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm thinking Mercy. I play with a high latency so, I'm looking into characters that don't require too much precision.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Definitely Hanzo. I always gravitate toward Bow/trajectory weapons in shooters, and the fact he can wall climb is definitely a bonus.

Aside from that, I'll also play Roadhog for whenever I feel like being tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    For long time I was pretty much only interested in Genji, but while waiting I started to developed interest in other heroes - such as Bastion. Now I'm at the edge of pretty much liking 14 out of 21 heroes - based on their visual appearance and skills. Let's see what happens when I get to try them out myself, you can only see some in Youtube's gameplay videos.

I'll start with the hero that fits in the group, but if I get to choose, I'll probably try out Genji, Bastion or Symmetra first.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    For long time I was pretty much only interested in Genji, but while waiting I started to developed interest in other heroes - such as Bastion. Now I'm at the edge of pretty much liking 14 out of 21 heroes - based on their visual appearance and skills. Let's see what happens when I get to try them out myself, you can only see some in Youtube's gameplay videos.

I'll start with the hero that fits in the group, but if I get to choose, I'll probably try out Genji, Bastion or Symmetra first.
    Wow, first person I've ever seen who's interested in Symmetra. I've never once seen a streamer play her, nor seen any play AGAINST her. Seems like she's just the least popular, for whatever reason. Maybe most people aren't drawn to her support style? No idea. Cool to see someone likes her at least.

I honestly can't decide. I want to play Symmetra, Genji, Mcree, Hanzo, maybe Reaper, Tracer... too many to list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Wow, first person I've ever seen who's interested in Symmetra. I've never once seen a streamer play her, nor seen any play AGAINST her. Seems like she's just the least popular, for whatever reason. Maybe most people aren't drawn to her support style? No idea. Cool to see someone likes her at least.
    As Team Fortress 2 veteran, I quite enjoyed playing Engineer with mini-sentries - and Symmetra seems to be quite close to it: teleporter and 6 mini-sentries, and those can even be built on walls and ceiling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a supporter in all kind of RPGs/MMOs, mainly, so I'll have a go at all the support heroes along with Bastion, Tracer (everyone's going to play her), Genji (him too) and Reaper (and also him).

It's soon here, folks, the marvelous taste before the premiere. Too bad it's around 24 days (at the current moment) to release of the game. If we think about it, it's just two full weeks without any kind of Overwatch action and then we'll plunge into the abyss of "All for one, Tracer/Genji/Reaper for all".

- - - Updated - - -

But for my very first, I think I'll try Torbjörn if I get a defensive map, and Mercy if I get a attack/control map.
    Hype is up to eleven!

7+ Year Old Account
    definitely tracer.
    i love that character.
    im pretty interested in symmetra and hanzo, same with zenyatta.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Leaning towards Bastion, Widow, Pharah, D-Va, 76.

Deleted
    I dont really buy into all the hype about these games so i've avoided reading and watching to much about it besides the official videoes(i've stayed away from lore videos from blizzard aswell as lore isnt going to carry this game, gameplay is).

I am vastly against blizzards hype trains that almost always last several years which is stupid imo.

That being said i am looking forward to try the beta from the limited info i have watching a few gameplay vids from last blizzcon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont really buy into all the hype about these games so i've avoided reading and watching to much about it besides the official videoes(i've stayed away from lore videos from blizzard aswell as lore isnt going to carry this game, gameplay is).

I am vastly against blizzards hype trains that almost always last several years which is stupid imo.

That being said i am looking forward to try the beta from the limited info i have watching a few gameplay vids from last blizzcon
    If you are not hyped then why you here?

Most likely Tracer and/or Widowmaker.
    But honestly, there are so many interesting ones...good thing you can switch mid-game.

Deleted
    Support is my go-to role. Zenyatta really appeals to me, but as someone who plays medic almost exclusively on TF2 I like the look of Mercy. Lucio also looks like a lot of fun.

Zarya as a tank looks really good as well, I like the tank roles as they feel supporty too, being able to shield people and set up nice wombo-combos.

Coming form open beta, Tracer is a noob trap, she has a high skill set requirement. Learn how the game basics, the flow of battles and then practice with Tracer later. You will rock as her if you get her right. she is DEADLY in the right hands.

Symmetra is all about setting up turret traps and placing them in the oddest places. Dont just place them in obviously advantageous positions or line them up altogether in one place.

You can use them to pay attention to enemy movement using alternate paths to flank (and all defensive areas have them) and such. You can put them in sharp corners and narrow places or in places which force the enemy to turn at a disadvantageous angle to kill them.

75% of my kills and assists as Symm (who i main) comes from the latter strategy. They either spin around at an odd angle and show their backs towards my friends to get rid of my turret or keep eating my turret fire while returning fire. Recognizing which key points play this up is the key to playing symm well. Look for the blind spots in the areas they are attacking from, the places they face your allies. It doesnt even need to be hidden, sometimes even blatantly open places work because they dont expect a turret to be there (like Mohammed Ali giving full right hooks to George Foreman).

Your alt fire orb goes through shields and enemies, it excels in corridors and narrow spaces. The number of times i've watched Reinhardts flop over dead or their team mates do the same when they thought they were safe is hilarious (especially reinhardts who i launched multiple fully charges orbs into until they died). your regular beam attack sticks to people in range like a deadly version of mercies beam and it increases in power the longer you hold it. Do not underestimate it, chase them down and fry them. Hell ive charged past reinhardts shields and beamed him to death (but only when i had cover fire, he drops like a rock if he drops hsi shield to smack me and opens himself to my teams open fire). Do not retreat as symmetra if someone engages you in range of your beam or if you are amongst friends. Dance around them and maintian the beam on their asses. You will turn tanks, tracers and genji's into dust this way. As sym, any sneaky pests trying to get into your flank while the main force pushes from infront will be wiped from the face of the earth.

Symmetra is weak at mid to long range but immensely strong at melee to close-mid range. Even against genji.

oh and always keep your allies shielded, remember to reapply it after they die. Those may seem like a sliver of health but they regenerate even when removed through damage until the person dies and respawns. This is very useful damage mitigation and eliminates poking issues.

Always place your portal in unexpected places or further than the enemy cares to check or even places close by that you notice they are ignoring. Not all places close to the objectives out of view are safe. PLACE it further away if it is getting destroyed or keep it better protected. Put a turret along the place the enemy will have to travel across to reach it. Thats an early warning for you to run back before they even find it. you and your allies leave behind a blue sparkling trail that will last for a while after using the portal. The places you think are smart to put it are often the places some smart ass genji or tracer are likely to use to sneak behind your team with.

Symmeta not only excels in defense maps but king of the hill maps as well IF your team gets enough lead time for you to set up all your turrets and turn the point into an absolute death zone for anyone trying to capture it.

Deleted
    The one that supports 4:3 aspect ratio, which at the moment looks like to be none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    The one that supports 4:3 aspect ratio, which at the moment looks like to be none.
    So you won't be playing the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So you won't be playing the game?
    Not paying for it, that's for sure. Unless they include 4:3 support or someone gives me a 16:9 monitor.

Mercy because most idiots cannot heal, or pay attention to their surroundings.

So many things translate well from playing a competitive Medic in TF2.

Feels like I carried a few teams in the closed beta weekend so that's a thing I guess.