Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Either you need to spend a good amount of cash to maintain viability, or you need to play constantly to keep earning repeat cards to DE.
    Well, most of the quests are pretty quick. 2 wins, 100 face damage, watch a friend etc. And many of them can be done simultaneously. I spend around half an hour every 3 days to clear out the quests, and I wouldn't call 1 hour per week to play it constantly .

Deleted
    So what would be the quickest way with equal chance then?

Dailies
    Brawl
    Arena?

Or save for all the xpacs first..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    So what would be the quickest way with equal chance then?

Dailies
    Brawl
    Arena?

Or save for all the xpacs first..
    Arena if you are really good and can maintain 7+ wins.

Otherwise; grind all dailies, do all brawls once (only get 1 pack/week), try to hit the ranks that grants bonus golden cards (15, 10, 5) in ladder. That's the main source of income for most players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Arena if you are really good and can maintain 7+ wins.

Otherwise; grind all dailies, do all brawls once (only get 1 pack/week), try to hit the ranks that grants bonus golden cards (15, 10, 5) in ladder. That's the main source of income for most players.
    What do you mean do all brawls once? Im doing the same one over and over. Or do you mean with different champions?
    Ranked is where im stuck on 20 and keep running into people with good decks. Or is there another ladder?

Since your going for the entirely f2p route here's 3 cheap decks to work on. I've avoided Legendaries and Epics but they still gonna take you some time to build. Think the Mage is probably the cheapest but the Druid and Hunter are alot more powerful.

http://imgur.com/wBa4ZoD

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    What do you mean do all brawls once? Im doing the same one over and over. Or do you mean with different champions?
    Ranked is where im stuck on 20 and keep running into people with good decks. Or is there another ladder?
    Brawls gives you one classic pack for your first win each week. Outside of that, you can finish quests and get wins through it, but there's no inherent reason to play it after you have won once.

Well, first of all the ladder resets the 1st each month, so today is literally the hardest day ever to try to ladder. One or two weeks into the ladder, it will be a lot easier. Also you probably need to run a deck that works well with basic cards, such as zoolock or face hunter. A zoolock can easily beat a control warrior, despite the lock having 0 legendaries and the warrior 7. If you try to beat a 7 legendary control warrior with a 0 legendary control warrior, that's where you'll fall flat though.

Even with pure basic cards you should be able to finish at least rank 15 each month, and with a solid, cheap zoolock deck, 10 or even 5 is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Since your going for the entirely f2p route here's 3 cheap decks to work on. I've avoided Legendaries and Epics but they still gonna take you some time to build. Think the Mage is probably the cheapest but the Druid and Hunter are alot more powerful.

http://imgur.com/wBa4ZoD
    Yeah, these kinds of list exactly. Each of these decks can beat guys with several legendaries, despite just running commons/rares and the odd epic, something anyone could craft after like a week of playing.

That's one of the good things with Hearthstone. Throwing 30 legendaries into a deck doesn't mean it's good. In fact, it's awful. Legendaries aren't necessarily the strongest cards, just the ones most iconic and most special, that has specific effects. A Savannah Highmane, for example, is purely stronger than almost every legendary in the game.

Updated with an Aggro Divine Shield Pally and a Zoolock.

http://imgur.com/RAMN1xP

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well yeah, that's what happens when you decide to play ladder on the same day the ladder resets. Even legendary professional players are gonna be around rank 15.
    Lol BS, I started this game on a random day like 2.5 months ago and I constantly ran into full or semi full legendary decks around rank 18-21, there sure as hell wasn't any ladder reset then.
    This has been brought up many times before, you will have to sink cash in the game or spend a loooooooooooooong time trying to win with your '' basic start deck '' you found in a guide and trying to beat these rank 20's with a ton of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Lol BS, I started this game on a random day like 2.5 months ago and I constantly ran into full or semi full legendary decks around rank 18-21, there sure as hell wasn't any ladder reset then.
    This has been brought up many times before, you will have to sink cash in the game or spend a loooooooooooooong time trying to win with your '' basic start deck '' you found in a guide and trying to beat these rank 20's with a ton of legendaries.
    Except people have got to legend with F2P accounts.

Either invest time or money. If you don't want to invest either, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

The fact is, some people just play arena so they never rank in ladder. So you'll have skilled players a shitty ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Slight as in the sense that you can obtain any of those things without spending money. it's a CCG, I don't know what to tell you. Go try to play MTG without spending any money ... lol
    I don't disagree about you MTG comparison, absolutely true that you need to spend money. my point is that there is no way you can call spending money a SLIGHT advantage ove going f2p by any definition of the word. the advantage is HUGE, again not insurmountable spending time and focusing on a single deck over building a collection, but the advantage is definitely there.

I'm also not saying this is a bad thing, it is the nature of any CCG that putting money into it is going to give you a big advantage.
    Last edited by Kyr; 2016-05-01 at 04:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    SLIGHT advantage my ass. while it is not insurmountable it takes an absurd about of time to be able to catch up to that advantage. and again, if you want to be competitive you would have to decimate your collection to DE just to put together a single deck
    i did not buy any packs from whispers of the old god with money
    i saved up, bought 3 packs, get the 3 free packs, then the other 10 free packs

and made a pretty good 100% free warlock cthun deck, using the super value cthun cards, and to hope for cthun to drop

getting about a 75% win rate... sad part is about 65% of those 75% wins i dont even get to play cthun :P they concede or i never get cthun

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    I don't disagree about you MTG comparison, absolutely true that you need to spend money. my point is that there is no way you can call spending money a SLIGHT advantage ove going f2p by any definition of the word. the advantage is HUGE, again not insurmountable spending time and focusing on a single deck over building a collection, but the advantage is definitely there.

I'm also not saying this is a bad thing, it is the nature of any CCG that putting money into it is going to give you a big advantage.
    It's just a time advantage though. I could buy my grandmother 100% of the cards and she still wouldn't be able to get to rank 24 ... so in that sense it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, at least with MtG friends could share cards with you when you first start out. That and - depending on your area - it was a lot easier to find additional sources of packs from tournaments and such.

That's part of what bugs me about HS. I guess they did it to prevent RMT, but I hate how you can't trade cards or even just give them away. It makes them feel even less "real" than they already are.
    Yeah I guess, it's a CCG rather than a TCG, really they just want you to give them money in the end, after all they are one of the most lucrative gaming companies on the planet.

Except people have got to legend with F2P accounts.

Either invest time or money. If you don't want to invest either, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

The fact is, some people just play arena so they never rank in ladder. So you'll have skilled players a shitty ranks.
    I was talking specifically about those sites that advertise build decks with total normal cards and claim you can hit rank 11 with such a deck, might have been true on release but now every john doe and his mother pumped tons of cash into it so you see shit tons of legendaries at rank 20+-

Where did I claim in my post I didn't want to invest time into it , I did, and I ran into legendary deck after legendary deck when I got to rank 19.
    Your will to invest time drains like a rain gutter then after a few of those games.

Either way I'm pretty /care now, Overwatch is around the corner + a new WoW expansion and since I stopped the division came out , I only used HS to pass the really boring hours back in February.

But the people that have achieved legend rank with F2P accounts say otherwise.
    You mean the same people that can no longer do it due to the much larger card pool? This "f2p to Legend" shit happened several expansions ago. You no longer see them even attempting it now, for good reason.

This is a card game, card games tend to give ridiculous advantages to people who invest money into the game, because that's how they make profit. Unlike physical card games, at least you have the chance to play for months on end, trying to build a competitive deck from dust and gold, simply to be tossed under the bus with the new card releases.
    A VERY small amount of people have gotten to legend without ever spending any money. Don't use you lack of spending as a crutch, that way the people that drop 300 bucks on imaginary cards can feel better about themselves and their "superior" playing skillz. If you play decks without knowing what you are doing against people that spent money, you are likely going to fail.

You have to make a choice if you want to play this game, invest time to earn cards, or invest money to buy cards. If you do neither and expect good results you aren't going to be happy.

Legendaries=winning
    Fixed that for ya...
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2016-05-01 at 05:55 PM.

A cheap budget deck can still win against high budget deck that contains all these fat legendaries. Zoo lock is a good cheap deck, especially with the new WotOG cards. So far its my deck to try to rank up as much as possible. If I want to finish dailies I play casual and/or brawl instead.

I do agree that the grind towards all the new cards is a pain, especially for completely new people its overwhelming. I think Blizzard should try to make some really good deals by selling bundles for adventurers and expansions, something like pay 50 dollar to unlock both BRM and LoE (I believe it was 35 dollar for a whole adventure). And bundles like 20 classic and 20 WotOG packs for about 30 dollar (while 30 packs for a single expansion is about 30 dollar). For ''just'' 80 dollar with both purchases, it seems very reasonable to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Fixed that for ya...
    So by that logic, a 30 legendary deck should be unbeatable.

Which is completely not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You mean the same people that can no longer do it due to the much larger card pool? This "f2p to Legend" shit happened several expansions ago. You no longer see them even attempting it now, for good reason.
    The last person that did it didn't do it "several expansions ago." They did it, literally last xpac, aka after LoE ... so
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...ek_freetoplay/

It's still possible. Someone just got a F2P full collection. Sure he probably plays the game more than he breathes, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...er_a_full_set/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I was talking specifically about those sites that advertise build decks with total normal cards and claim you can hit rank 11 with such a deck, might have been true on release but now every john doe and his mother pumped tons of cash into it so you see shit tons of legendaries at rank 20+-

Where did I claim in my post I didn't want to invest time into it , I did, and I ran into legendary deck after legendary deck when I got to rank 19.
    Your will to invest time drains like a rain gutter then after a few of those games.

Either way I'm pretty /care now, Overwatch is around the corner + a new WoW expansion and since I stopped the division came out , I only used HS to pass the really boring hours back in February.
    You still can, you can hit rank 10 and under with those if you play ALOT, all you need to get to rank 5~ is like a 55-60% win-rate.

EDIT - I'm kind of done with this topic to be honest. The fact is, you have to either put in time or money if you want anything out of hearthstone. If you are unwilling to put in EITHER, then you won't get anything back. Sorry, life's tough.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-05-01 at 08:03 PM.

So by that logic, a 30 legendary deck should be unbeatable.

Which is completely not true.
    That's not what "Legendaries = winning" means. At all.

Downplay Legendaries all you want; But they are stronger than regular cards and will definitely make a difference in the game. Shocker, I know. Thus the name.

The last person that did it didn't do it "several expansions ago." They did it, literally last xpac, aka after LoE ... so

It's still possible. Someone just got a F2P full collection. Sure he probably plays the game more than he breathes, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...er_a_full_set/
    And thus why people ask these sort of questions. Almost anything is achievable if one is willing to put an undisclosed amount of time to it.

It's a matter of "Do I have to play more than breathe or is it slightly easier to achieve than that?" and not as much as "Is the game fair against people who use real money, as long as I grind for months?"; Because obviously the latter will happen. Eventually.

EDIT - I'm kind of done with this topic to be honest. The fact is, you have to either put in time or money if you want anything out of hearthstone. If you are unwilling to put in EITHER, then you won't get anything back. Sorry, life's tough.
    While I agree that Hearthstone is not the first, nor will it be the last, to follow that recipe; And if you are unwilling to put effort (or money) into it, better not play at all - better indeed to be done with the topic than to give people this kind of "advise".

[/COLOR]
    And you honestly think a new player is going to be able to win 11 games in Arena?

Not mention playing thousands of games, or the fact that he only ended up with one halfway decent deck. He was not a new player. He had been playing since the game was released. The OP obviously has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    And you honestly think a new player is going to be able to win 11 games in Arena?

Not mention playing thousands of games, or the fact that he only ended up with one halfway decent deck. He was not a new player. He had been playing since the game was released. The OP obviously has not.
    This is going in circles, the only way to get better is playing.

Obviously you need to play the game to get free cards. What exactly is your point? Do you think you should just get a full collection for downloading the game.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT.