Which CPU cooler should I get?

Hello all, currently doing a rebuild, and I'm getting hung up on the CPU cooler. My new CPU is an i5 6600k, motherboard is an Asus Z170, and my case is a Fractal Design Define XL. The current cooler that I have is a Thermaltake Frio, however after re-evaluating all the new pieces, this cooler is just entirely too big and almost complete blocks off both of my large case fans. I've looked at coolers such as the Corsair Hydro series or the NZXT Kraken series, but I just don't see a good spot anywhere on my case to mount the fan box for them. Are there any other high-performance, yet low profile solutions out there? Or has anyone ever seen a Kraken or Hydro installed in a Fractal Design Define XL case and could point me to that install? Thanks so much ahead of time.
    Fractal Design Define XL | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Thermaltake Frio | 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | 2 x Samsung 830 128GB in RAID 0 | 300GB WD Velociraptor | NZXT mesh sleeved cables & extensions

Cooler Master Seidon 120V?

Deleted
    that case seems to have room for 3x140mm fans at the front, surely a radiator would fit there, that drivecage looks abit huge though? maybe if the top fan assembly is removable you can put it there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Cooler Master Seidon 120V?
    DON'T GET THIS COOLER
    A lot of people had problems with this cooler failing, including myself.
    I bought it around the beginning of July 2015 and in November 2015 it already failed me

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the case you have, yes?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352029

Up to 7 fans can be installed (2 x 120/140 mm - front, 2 x 120/140mm - top, 1 x 140mm - back, 1 x 140 mm - side panel, and 1 x140 mm - bottom ), with three silent series R2 140mm Hydraulic bearing fans pre-installed. And a fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans. The water tube holes are provided at the rear for easy water cooling setup and maintenance.
    Voila, you should be able to install a 2x120mm or 2x140mm radiator at either the front or the top. If you decide to go with a smaller AIO cooler that uses a 1x120mm or 1x140mm you have a lot more options as well.

The Corsair H80i is lower profile for liquid. Would recommend it.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Deleted
    Can I ask exactly in what way your current CPU cooler is blocking off your case fans? That cpu cooler shouldn't even be touching the front and back fans, that cpu cooler is pretty decent, you are basically trading away for no gain and more expensive, imo its better to change out the fans or adjust your fan configuration, thats cheaper and will get better results from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    DON'T GET THIS COOLER
    A lot of people had problems with this cooler failing, including myself.
    I bought it around the beginning of July 2015 and in November 2015 it already failed me
    Was your also noisy as fuck? Garbage indeed.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I think the XL version is the really noisy one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Was your also noisy as fuck? Garbage indeed.
    The fan itself was ok, but the pump wasn't "quiet", still wasn't as loud as the AMD stock cooler I had so cant really judge

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    This is the case you have, yes?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352029

Voila, you should be able to install a 2x120mm or 2x140mm radiator at either the front or the top. If you decide to go with a smaller AIO cooler that uses a 1x120mm or 1x140mm you have a lot more options as well.
    Unfortunately, no. That's the "R2" version of the Define XL
    Fractal Design Define XL | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Thermaltake Frio | 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | 2 x Samsung 830 128GB in RAID 0 | 300GB WD Velociraptor | NZXT mesh sleeved cables & extensions

Deleted
    I also have the 6600k CPU under a noctua NH-D15

The CPU is running at 4.6-4.8 Ghz while never exceeding 62 degree Celsius under heavy gaming load (the division).

It's a bit pricey but I really recommend it.