Thread: COD4 Remastered

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What the f... happened to this series ? whats up with the halo star wars wannabe bullshit ?
    Yeah, when I saw that I was like, "Erm... is this for real?" I mean, at this point it's just ludicrous.

And you know everyone's gonna buy it for CoD4 and Infinity Ward will be like, "Look how many we sold, Infinite Warfare is so popular!"

It's kind of sad. I will probably actually do just that and buy this, just for the CoD 4 Remastered game. I genuinely like single-player campaign still for CoD 4 and still think it had the best multiplayer. People go on about choice and variation etc not being there, because it had less killstreaks and so on, but it was more refined and a far, far tighter gameplay experience because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What the f... happened to this series ? whats up with the halo star wars wannabe bullshit ?
    So if they don't do something different, they are simply rehashing the same game. If they do something different, they screw the series...game community in a nutshell.

Man, so Infinite Warfare actually looks decent enough for me to buy alone. COD4 is the extra caviar with the meal. But by restricting one to the other, I am just going to skip yet another COD game.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infinite warfare looks like it should be a prequel to Halo. These games are just blending in now. Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare could have been the same game and you wouldn't have noticed any difference. Now this game is going so far into the future it doesn't have any "Call of Duty" feel to it. They call it an "Authentic Experience" when it couldn't be any farther from the truth. This game is nowhere near grounded in reality now.

Infinite warfare looks like it should be a prequel to Halo.
    Im sorry but what? What kind of fucking logic leap is this. I held my tongue the first time but seriously. This looks nothing fucking like halo, or in your world does starships and exosuits = halo? Really......

I'll pass. As much as i want to play cod 4 again with newer graphics i cba to pay 80 euros for it, no matter how good it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD4 has most of my cherished FPS memories, it is easily the best CoD ever made and has the best most fun maps out of them all. No crazy ass kill streaks, just UAV Airstrike and Chopper which are easy to take down.

The hype is real boys, I just hope I can buy it separately without that shitty new one. That awkward moment when everyone is playing CoD4 remaster over your new game lmao.

I hope they give us prestige on PC this time around, since we never got that when consoles did. I will enjoy maxing everything out again. Oh and someone is gonna have to make a new promod ^_^ can't wait.

After reading about it a bit more it looks like you need to buy the bundle to get remaster, guess I'm pirating this like everyone else lol.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2016-05-11 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    After reading about it a bit more it looks like you need to buy the bundle to get remaster, guess I'm pirating this like everyone else lol.
    Yeah doing the same if they won't sell it seperate. I aint giving them money for that infinite warfare shite.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll release it separately a few months later after they sucker all these people into paying $80 for their shitty new game just to get CoD4.

I've bought every CoD game since CoD4. The only games worth playing are CoD4/MW2. I won't be fooled again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    They'll release it separately a few months later after they sucker all these people into paying $80 for their shitty new game just to get CoD4.

I've bought every CoD game since CoD4. The only games worth playing are CoD4/MW2. I won't be fooled again.
    Your opinion is what most people agree with. I for one loved CoD2 and CoD4 the most. CoD2 was basicly a glorified CoD1. Changing many things for the better while keeping the core gameplay (Holding your breath for sniper rifles (Sniping required extremely good aim in CoD1 because of the swaying)), limited sprints and it fixed the bunny hopping (And flopping to a small degree, even though I used it a lot in competitions ).

CoD4 turned out extremely competetive, loads of clan matches being played, even more so than in CoD1/CoD2. Mods came out which made it all even better. There's only 3 things I dislike in CoD4 and that were the killstreaks, buggy sniper rifles (Aim on your screen compared to people spectating you was off, resulting in a lot of bitching, both aimed at you and from yourself, was fixed in promod though, removing the swaying). And everybody hates the Claymore campers

WaW was shit, felt like the entire engine was changed and the MP maps were enormous. And tanks.

MW2 was the last one I enjoyed, it felt like CoD4. Except the clan life was over with that due to small team sizes and match making. RIP dedicated servers.

I miss the feeling of playing these awesome games. Still start up CoD2 every now and then just to do some rifling on Toujane.

It's been a long journey, all the way from UT99 & Medal of Honor: Allied Assault to MW2. Hopefully this remastered version brings back a bit of the glory. If not, there's always Overwatch and hopefully the new Unreal Tournament to please us FPS maniacs.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-05-17 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    This legacy thing seems to be the new trend..
    Yeap, it never even happened outside of videogames, either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...A%E2%80%93M%29
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...N%E2%80%93Z%29

Tarzan alone has 50 titles under its belt since the original in 1918. Plenty of them are actually just remakes / re-imaginings of the original.

When something is good and just works, people will try to reproduce/update/modernize it soon enough if they can.

And btw, videogame remakes go back as far as 1986: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima...ge_of_Darkness (Check release dates)
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-05-17 at 12:06 PM.

I'll play the shit out of Battlefield 1 until CoD goes on sale during christmas or whenever.....I only have interest in CoD:Remastered, as do most the fans. So there's no way in hell I am paying full blown retail just to play a remake. But I'll gladly pay 50% off

Deleted
    Ah COD4, the last proper Call of Duty game before it was turned into god knows what.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD BO1 was a decent game aswell, it all went down the shitters with this retarded P2P matchmaking shit..... Hope they guy that thought of that dies a horrible fucking death!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Your opinion is what most people agree with. I for one loved CoD2 and CoD4 the most. CoD2 was basicly a glorified CoD1. Changing many things for the better while keeping the core gameplay (Holding your breath for sniper rifles (Sniping required extremely good aim in CoD1 because of the swaying)), limited sprints and it fixed the bunny hopping (And flopping to a small degree, even though I used it a lot in competitions ).

*snip*

It's been a long journey, all the way from UT99 & Medal of Honor: Allied Assault to MW2. Hopefully this remastered version brings back a bit of the glory. If not, there's always Overwatch and hopefully the new Unreal Tournament to please us FPS maniacs.
    You know what, if they dropped Infinite Warfare altogether and instead sold a best-of trilogy featuring Call Of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4, I'd buy it instantly.

Call of Duty 1 and 2 were great and would be quite refreshing to play through again at this point in time, with modern graphics. I'm still torn over the idea of buying Infinite Warfare just for remastered CoD 4. I don't think I can bring myself to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    You know what, if they dropped Infinite Warfare altogether and instead sold a best-of trilogy featuring Call Of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4, I'd buy it instantly.

Call of Duty 1 and 2 were great and would be quite refreshing to play through again at this point in time, with modern graphics. I'm still torn over the idea of buying Infinite Warfare just for remastered CoD 4. I don't think I can bring myself to do it.
    I miss CoD 1 and CoD2. I played in pretty high leagues at the end of Spearhead and start of CoD1. I'd do anything for a remastered Allied Assault and Spearhead! That's what mostly started it for me, the clanlife that is atleast.

I agree with you on the remastered CoD4 though. I am not going to buy the new CoD. Last one I bought was BO1 (After MW2) just to give it a shot. I have ~100 hours but it just didn't feel the same. MW2 was still enjoyable as a casual ride. The gunplay felt incredible, top notch hitbox detection, sniping was perfect compared to the buggy sniping in CoD4 and horrendous gameplay in WaW. But then the console ports started to happen. MW2 was fun as a casual, I played mostly with my father, brother and some CoD4 clanmates I kept in contact with.

Perhaps one day we can get CoD4 remastered cheap in some sort of way and relive our good old days!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want to play the Sniper Mission again, in HD. My god, that would be freaking fantastic.
    Also, please do not remove G36C from the Multiplayer, or I will riot with all my strength.