Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I see, you're just being a judgey asshole. I can appreciate that.
    You would be surprised how many people are judgey assholes out of public eye.

But hey, you would never know if you met me, just like you never know with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    That is fine and dandy. But it still is flawed from a natural standpoint. Culture and society has nothing to do with that.
    It happens naturally, since you want to use the good old nature argument. There's no flaw to be found, except in your point of view about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    so youre specifically arguing that if all humans went homosexual then humanity would die out?

youre arguing something that literally no one is talking about?

sounds kinda dumb.

but hey, syllogisms are for suckers amirite
    The argument is homosexuality is a flawed way of thinking and lifestyle. Which I still will hold despite the arguments people try to throw at me.

Just like smoking is a flawed lifestyle. But I won't treat a smoker with any less respect. I just think they are doing themselves a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The reason has been pointed out dozens times in this thread alone. That you don't want to see it is your personal choice.
    Sure, and them not actually being biologically a cat has nothing to do with it >.>
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    just go with my aesexual argument, nature already has proven its effectiveness
    Speaking of which, I am kinda asexual. Has humanity died out because of me? Apparently not.

If all people were asexuals - then yes, it would. But not all people are. Hence making this thought experiment merely that - thought experiment. Not having anything to do with what's "natural" or "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not at all.

I have family members who are horribly racist. They don't actively harm anyone of course, but in private they'll rant about how blacks are lazy criminals, "brown people" are all anti-american terrorists, and so on.

I have no reason to respect such opinions. I can still respect the people as human beings, but I will absolutely hold no respect for opinions of that nature.
    Don't you think that if you don't respect someone's opinion, you necessarily respect them less as a person? For me it is certainly true.

The argument is homosexuality is a flawed way of thinking and lifestyle.
    Everything in this world is flawed. It is hardly a reason to discriminate against anything whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    "Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity."

So, no.
    From you yourself: "including a fear of losing identity" Wich would be achieved by including "outsiders" also, "desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity" Both of wich would be achieved by your "They are not Swedish" arguments. Also " Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup" Specifically the "Ingroup towards an Outgroup" part, wich also lends itself to your "They are not Swedish" arguments.

Deleted
    The argument is homosexuality is a flawed way of thinking and lifestyle. Which I still will hold despite the arguments people try to throw at me.

Just like smoking is a flawed lifestyle. But I won't treat a smoker with any less respect. I just think they are doing themselves a disservice.
    ... How is homosexuality "a way of thinking" and a lifestyle?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    From you yourself: "including a fear of losing identity" Wich would be achieved by including "outsiders" also, "desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity" Both of wich would be achieved by your "They are not Swedish" arguments. Also " Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup" Specifically the "Ingroup towards an Outgroup" part, wich also lends itself to your "They are not Swedish" arguments.
    There's no fear in losing identity when you call people by what they are. I'm not even Swedish and I won't call non-Swedes, Swedish, either. So, care to explain how I can fear losing an identity I don't even have?

7+ Year Old Account
    It is. I don't buy into the argument "I was born this way."

I prefer to think people have willpower and are not just victims.

Unless gay folks would rather be victims? Not that I would blame them in current politics. Victimhood = benefits.

muh microagressions

7+ Year Old Account

Everything in this world is flawed. It is hardly a reason to discriminate against anything whatsoever.
    I have said multiple times I don't discriminate. I just find it flawed.

Nothing more to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting video. But I'd say, if you want to look and act like a different gender and a different species and 7 feet tall, go for it. That's your business, not mine. But it can't interfere with laws or other people's lives in an (actually) negative way. If you, as a man, want to identify as a woman, be my guest. I won't say a damn thing about it because I'm simply not rude and want to respect my fellow human's wishes. But you also have to respect mine (as the vast majority do) and not try and pick me up just because you demand that you're actually a woman.

Everybody knows that just because you identify as a different gender, it doesn't mean you genuinely are, biologically speaking. But that doesn't matter. You respect their wishes and treat them how they want to be treated within reason.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2016-05-02 at 09:12 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted

Unless gay folks would rather be victims? Not that I would blame them in current politics. Victimhood = benefits.
    What? Victims? Victimhood? Benefits? The hell are you even on about?

Since he equates it to something that is a choice (smoking) I guess he was never told that homosexuality isn't a choice, unlike smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

it is for people who think they know what they are talking about, or really projecting their own insecurities on the rest of us.

you can imagine that males can be born to be attracted to females

but you cant imagine that males can be born to be attracted to males?

do you think you choose who youre attracted to?

cuse i mean, dam, love is dead and stuff

7+ Year Old Account
    What? Victims? Victimhood? Benefits? The hell are you even on about?
    Something that there really isn't a point in discussing. I have no intention of changing my opinion on subject, and I doubt I will change other peoples opinion.

Especially folks from a far more liberal part of the world.

10+ Year Old Account

So, if I use my "willpower" to become gay, you will accept it as natural?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Something that there really isn't a point in discussing. I have no intention of changing my opinion on subject, and I doubt I will change other peoples opinion.

Especially folks from a far more liberal part of the world.
    So, first you start talking about it and then go "No point in discussing"? The fuck?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Since he equates it to something that is a choice (smoking) I guess he was never told that homosexuality isn't a choice, unlike smoking.
    Pretty sure the only people who say it's a choice are people bought off and have confirmation biases.

Gay Pride would actually earn respect if it was choosing to live that style despite possibly unpopular society effects.

But no, it's just "Look at us, we are victims and have no choice."

So, if I use my "willpower" to become gay, you will accept it as natural?
    and what about people who have no willpower?

being in a coma instantly changes your sexuality?

this door, it opens so many other doors