Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Why can't a man use a women's bathroom?
    Because rapists /s

The answer to your question lies in the question itself.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    But objectively, they would act differently, and think differently. Those are still differences, even if they are differences that really make no significant impact on the amount of nonsense required to believe oneself to be a different sex or different species.
    Again, you are focusing on the end result which is irrelevant to what we discuss here. The core of the issue is the same no matter what they pretend to be. They pretend to be something they are not. It doesn't matter what it is they are pretending to be as long as their rights and treatment are concerned. They are free to pretend. It's the same thing, no matter what it is they are pretending to be.

Now when they try to act accordingly, that's another issue. Clearly if someone pretends to be a nuke - they are not allowed to go boom. But if someone pretends to be a cactus they are free to stick out in a desert.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I wish we could. The men's washroom at work is always occupied and the woman's one is always empty.

Shhh I'm trying to lead the witness here
    thats an objectionable line of questioning then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    and if theyre not pretending?
    How's that?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What we "need" is irrelevant. There are male and female roles; there is no cat role as such. Cat role is what cats do, and for a human, that would require always walking on 4 limbs, licking your arms, purring, etc... If someone can do that, then I will gladly accept them as cats.

No, this is not what takes place. But you are ignoring the explanation, straw manning it. Of course it will look this way to you.
    No, there's males and females. This notion of role is the problem here, people thinking in relativist terms that their gender and identity is no different than a closet of clothes, to be switched and worn at will. This is fantasy, the kind that we allow little kids to indulge in because they're little kids but continual adherence to it is childish, moronic and delusional. That there's a push to normalize this outlook and make it acceptable is even worse because it asks people in general to accept and make sociopolitical allowances for these delusions and society just doesn't have the time for that.

You want to think you're whatever the fuck you want, fine. That's on your time in your isolated little area that's perfectly arranged for your delusions. Pushing it into common grounds shared by all and asking acceptance for it is too much and too far. Everyone with a brain is going to turn away from the special snowflake trying to live out their Saturday morning cartoon fantasies everywhere they go.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wish we could. The men's washroom at work is always occupied and the woman's one is always empty.
    Usually it's the other way at public places

Women is dirtier too, or at least so says the cleaners

Deleted
    Fair enough. I think we are talking about the same things, using different vocabularies.
    You could be right honestly, I'm kind of tired so probably it's true but missed your point earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How's that?
    as ive said, body dysmorphism is a real thing

so is trauma induced amnesia, disassociative fugue if you wanna look it up

dementia is also another way i can think of that would have you actually believing your someone you radically havnt been in the past
    Last edited by apples; 2016-05-02 at 10:43 PM.

The thing that liberal public opinion makers have not thought through about trans* anything, is that it opens the door to precisely these types of arguments. Sex is a biological fact, and with the exception of a tiny minority of intersex individuals, it's also binary. I'm left of the democrats on nearly everything, but if we are all going to accept the argument that someone's subjective perception of self trumps something as blindingly, empirically evident as their biological, genetic sex then we have absolutely no legs to stand on when someone says their subjective perception trumps something as shifting and nebulous as race. I'm personally ok with that, and I don't mind if you identify as a cat so long as you do your job and pay your taxes and don't break any laws. But there really isn't a sound argument that starts with "Transsexuals are ok" and ends with "But trans-racials aren't."

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Usually it's the other way at public places

Women is dirtier too, or at least so says the cleaners
    We only have 1 female employee here and like 25 male employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    No, there's males and females. This notion of role is the problem here, people thinking in relativist terms that their gender and identity is no different than a closet of clothes, to be switched and worn at will. This is fantasy, the kind that we allow little kids to indulge in because they're little kids but continual adherence to it is childish, moronic and delusional. That there's a push to normalize this outlook and make it acceptable is even worse because it asks people in general to accept and make sociopolitical allowances for these delusions and society just doesn't have the time for that.

You want to think you're whatever the fuck you want, fine. That's on your time in your isolated little area that's perfectly arranged for your delusions. Pushing it into common grounds shared by all and asking acceptance for it is too much and too far. Everyone with a brain is going to turn away from the special snowflake trying to live out their Saturday morning cartoon fantasies everywhere they go.
    So, without further ado, is this person a male or a female?

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    We only have 1 female employee here and like 25 male employees.
    When it's an even number it's better to go to the male one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    as ive said, body dysmorphism is a real thing

so is trauma induced amnesia, disassociative fugue if you wanna look it up

dementia is also another way i can think of that would have you actually believing your someone you radically havnt been in the past
    All three are mental disorders that need to be treated.

Wow, how oppressing of you.. it's obviously a genderfluid rescue chopper. And I'm sure it is as triggered and offended as I am at your poor choice of words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male. Look at the shoulders.
    That is a strange criterion.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Again, you are focusing on the end result which is irrelevant to what we discuss here. The core of the issue is the same no matter what they pretend to be. They pretend to be something they are not. It doesn't matter what it is they are pretending to be as long as their rights and treatment are concerned. They are free to pretend. It's the same thing, no matter what it is they are pretending to be.

Now when they try to act accordingly, that's another issue. Clearly if someone pretends to be a nuke - they are not allowed to go boom. But if someone pretends to be a cactus they are free to stick out in a desert.
    Ya, it's when people who pretend to be cats demand that public restrooms accommodate them with litterboxes. That's when the problems start arising.

Not really. It's just a societal label. Just because a street is named martin luther king street doesn't mean he is the only one who can use it, same with bathrooms. They are after all, just bathrooms.
    A whole lot of talk making no point at all. There is a reason why bathrooms are segregated, and its called privacy. Men don't go into the women's restroom for the sake of women's privacy, and vice versa.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Can't say as there's far too much makeup and plastic surgery adaption in this world anymore, nor am interested in finding out. Probably neither, and therefore ultimately irrelevant. You don't base society around the outliers, you base it on the traditional, predictable and repeatable and the outliers move through that making sure not to disrupt the workings so it all continues to exist.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

All three are mental disorders that need to be treated.
    and if the disorder is permanent?