Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

How many spoons and butter knives do you own?

I own 2 metal spoons and 3 plastic ones for dishing out sugar/instant coffee. The real problem is only owning 2 butter knives. It's funny how fucked up you can make your life by not having utensils.

So many times you have to scrounge thru the sink for a simple spoon or knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Just use your fingers.
    I don't like making my coffee with my fingers. I'm weird that way.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have a lot... easily over two hundred articles. I have several sets as well as more from when I moved into my new house, which was fully-furnished including the silverware. I gave a drawer-full of them to my daughter when she rented out her own place with her now-husband. Even after that, with the ones that we use, we have a large ziplock bag worth under the bar.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I have double the amount of spoons and knifes as I do forks but I use forks more often

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have an ikea set of 4 of everything soup spoons, tea spoons, spoons, forks, and knives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys, i'm getting some more tea spoons and butter knives. Screw this bullshit.

*edited to add*

I live with 4 people that all drink coffee and eat shit loads of toast..hence my thread. But i'm sick of doing dishes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I supposed to go count? Why can't you just buy more? And what do you need a butter knife for? Just use a regular table knife?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Am I supposed to go count? Why can't you just buy more? And what do you need a butter knife for? Just use a regular table knife?

have you ever tried to get the last bit of margarine out of a tub with a steak knife?...its quite bullshit

7+ Year Old Account
    Some butter knives can be quite cute.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Most random thread I've ever seen.... I have 10 of each. 10 of every utensil.

I have a normal set of spoons, butter knives, forks, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty lopsided, probably 50 vs. 6.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    have you ever tried to get the last bit of margarine out of a tub with a steak knife?...its quite bullshit
    Heat it up and pour it on top of the bread. And if this is a common problem for you might want to reconsider your usage of butter. One case of butter lasts me months..

10+ Year Old Account
    Heat it up and pour it on top of the bread. And if this is common problem for you might want to reconsider your usage of butter. One case of butter lasts me months..
    i live with 4 people. We all eat toast and bread all day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Steak knife =/= table knife.

Most table knives have a rounded edge witch is nice for scraping out margarine from a container. However, what you should be using instead of any knife is a wood/rubber spatula.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    seems a bit odd that you wouldn't have at least 4 sets of each. given the "average" family size + having friends over at times. 4 forks/knives/spoons seems a given

10+ Year Old Account
    I own 2 metal spoons and 3 plastic ones for dishing out sugar/instant coffee. The real problem is only owning 2 butter knives. It's funny how fucked up you can make your life by not having utensils.

So many times you have to scrounge thru the sink for a simple spoon or knife.
    My great grandfather lived with us for a while... I lived through the depression, and was a PoW twice during WWII. As a result of such traumatic experiences he developed kleptomania, which has left us with an assortment of different silverware and enough condiments to provide for our next three generations.

Enough for serving 16 people, including dishes, several types of glasses and so on. But ofc, I dont live in a cave, I have guests occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not make a thread about my coffee mug situation. Thats a whole other situation right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 12 knives, 12 spoons, and 12 forks. What I don't have is plates. I have four plates and four bowls for two people, so we are forever running out of stuff to eat off of. Despite this, I haven't bought new plates in about 9 years...