Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The first "I love you"

For those of you in relationships who might have been past this stage.

Who of you two said so for the first time and how did it happen?

As time goes by into my relationship, which is still quite new, I feel how I love my girlfriend more and more and soon I will let her know so, but time to time
    Anyways, I got curious and thought that it would be interesting to hear your stories so, share!

was kinda weird, but she said it right before bed one night...stayed up late that night

Deleted
    Obviously, it varies from couple to couple. However, in my last relationship I was the first to say it after being in the relationship for about 6 weeks iirc, I don't think it was anything very spectacular that made me realise or decide to say it, it just hit me one day that I would rather do nothing with her than anything with someone else, and that she was on my mind 100% of the time in one way or another.

You'll find out what love means for yourself if you don't already know but to some extent for me love was like an obsession.

Edit: Might also be worth mentioning that you should be prepared for her not saying it back right away, took my ex a few weeks to say it back the first time.
    Last edited by mmocfd5f1c24ea; 2016-05-02 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    It happened a lot to me when i was younger. Eventually you meet the one that meant it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never said it. I maybe should have on the last relationship. I'd really like it if I only ever said it to one girl though.

I'm totally an I Love You virgin.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've never said it. I maybe should have on the last relationship. I'd really like it if I only ever said it to one girl though.

The time will come for sure... If even I have managed to find a very special lady, which seemed impossible, everyone can

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The time will come for sure... If even I have managed to find a very special lady, which seemed impossible, everyone can
    Oh I'm pretty sure I can. I've been receiving a LOT of interest over the last few weeks. It's funny how women show the most interest when you're the most emotionally unavailable (still not over the ex).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember. My first girlfriend was in HS, and that was 20+ years ago. I'm sure I said it, I just don't know when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omna View Post

You'll find out what love means for yourself if you don't already know but to some extent for me love was like an obsession.

Edit: Might also be worth mentioning that you should be prepared for her not saying it back right away, took my ex a few weeks to say it back the first time.
    I agree with you quite a lot, I also feel like an obsession, in a good way of course. Ever since our first date she´s been taking over 90% of my brain activity literally 90% of my awaken time. I do my things, but she´s just always in my mind.

I just never met girl like her before.

And, of course, that can happen that the other person wouldn´t answer back with it. But I think that instead of being sad about it, people should consider it a very valuable thing, because it means that when it comes, it will be the most genuine it could get.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm pretty sure I can. I've been receiving a LOT of interest over the last few weeks. It's funny how women show the most interest when you're the most emotionally unavailable (still not over the ex).
    Yeah, usually happens that you find something when you are not looking for it! Specially on this field.

10+ Year Old Account

I've never been in a relationship - and yet I've said it. Funny how the world works.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    If I had a dog I'd train it to say it.

Because why the hell not?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    the first and last time you said it. Life is brutal sometimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said it for the first time after like 4 months together, and she said it right after. Said it on the top of a Ferris Wheel at the state fair, then got head on the way down, it was fantastic.

The latter part is probably why I remember it so well... but we've been together 9 years now, getting married in February of 2017. Was my first 'I love you' and most likely my last.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find it a big deal, it just comes up naturally even in a relationship that's only a few months old. When its said with real intent you or you partner will know.

Hanging up the phone and going "Okay babe, see you later. Love you" doesn't really phase me even if its a month into a relationship.

my hand cant speak

but if it could i know it wouldve said i love you back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    I said it for the first time after like 4 months together, and she said it right after. Said it on the top of a Ferris Wheel at the state fair, then got head on the way down, it was fantastic.

The latter part is probably why I remember it so well... but we've been together 9 years now, getting married in February of 2017. Was my first 'I love you' and most likely my last.
    Some guy got a felony charge for that recently in Las Vegas.

My exes have, at some point or another, all called me a romantic(same with my current GF). Funny thing though, I've never been the first to say I Love You to anyone. My GF said it and immediately spent 30 minutes trying to explain it was an accident and to forget it was ever said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some guy got a felony charge for that recently in Las Vegas.

Glad I got away it those many years ago, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love this thread. It's gonna be so random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Glad I got away it those many years ago, haha.
    Yeah, being an ex-felon on the sex criminal registry could really hurt your career.