Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Again, all day long, you were confronted with characters strengths and didn't know how to deal with it so obviously game is broken. Reaper has a teleport, use it to get behind the enemy. Bastion can shoot behind him but no one ever checks there. Boom boom, he dead. Tracer can tripple blink off around the side and score an easy kill. Pharah pokes head out, fires missle and pokes back in taking barely any damage from Bastion.
    Nowhere did I say the game was broken. Not even once have I said that so don't put words in my mouth. I'm not even talking about the strengths of bastion, only that the comp was incredibly annoying to deal with (which I did). We almost won that game too.

I'm noticing one annoying thing recently.

It seems most of my matches that have capture points end up 0/100 or 100/0. It is much more rare to see closer matches (tho I did win once with 100/99. Even this went during OVERTIME to from 0/99 to 100/99). I would like more balanced matches. If your team fails to recapture the objective in perhaps maybe two tries, it is probably already too late.

Only thing that annoys me now is when you're playing one of those games where one team is attacking and the other defending that they have a minimum of 2 bastions and tolbjorn
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Only thing that annoys me now is when you're playing one of those games where one team is attacking and the other defending that they have a minimum of 2 bastions and tolbjorn
    Yep. It reminds of -- "bringing a knife to a gunfight". Bastion, if he is allowed to sit and turret, absolutely wrecks people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Word of 2014 : Selfie
    Word of 2016 : Outplayed
    I thought it was RNG? Aren't you the guy who finds RNG at the grocery store? RNG when you drive your vehicle and get in an accident? Oops, not my fault I wasn't looking it was just RNG!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yep. It reminds of -- "bringing a knife to a gunfight". Bastion, if he is allowed to sit and turret, absolutely wrecks people.
    Two shots to the head with Widow, well away from his range, and no more bastion. He can sit and turret all day, I'll just snipe him all day. Works for me. - Just one counter, several more exist.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I had a really awesome reply in mind for you, but RNG ruined it and you got this post instead.
    Reports are coming in that the RNG monster is terrifying children in their bedroom, or maybe it isn't. You can never be sure.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Nowhere did I say the game was broken. Not even once have I said that so don't put words in my mouth. I'm not even talking about the strengths of bastion, only that the comp was incredibly annoying to deal with (which I did). We almost won that game too.
    You are right and I apologise for putting words in your mouth. All day these forums have been getting the posts of 'X is unstoppable' when it simply comes down to not knowing how to counter those abilities and hopefully someone else reading my reply would become informed and not post another 'X is broken' post.

The worst thing about Overwatch are the people who cares more about K/D than winning the match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverquis View Post
    The worst thing about Overwatch are the people who cares more about K/D than winning the match.
    Honestly, yeah. One emote I wish we had that we don't is a "get on the objective" one.

If you're Widowmaker, okay, you don't have to be on the point. Pretty much anyone else should be assisting the tank when they try for a push. If you're roaming with Tracer, be roaming around the objective so you clear it out, don't just go farm kills way behind enemy lines.

Harassing the enemy away from your push and getting zero kills is usually way more of a win factor than killing that Torbjorn right as he walked out of spawn that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Genji reflecting shots back, end story. Widowmaker, end story. Pharah peek-a-missle round corners, end story. D.Va boosting in and ditching suit, end story. Junkrat lobbing grenades and sending in tire, end story. Tracer blinking in to drop Time bomb then reversing time can end at least one of them unless they are dumb enough to be together. The archer, end story. So many ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, yeah. One emote I wish we had that we don't is a "get on the objective" one.

If you're Widowmaker, okay, you don't have to be on the point. Pretty much anyone else should be assisting the tank when they try for a push. If you're roaming with Tracer, be roaming around the objective so you clear it out, don't just go farm kills way behind enemy lines.

Harassing the enemy away from your push and getting zero kills is usually way more of a win factor than killing that Torbjorn right as he walked out of spawn that one time.
    There must be an emote because yesterday 76 told the group to "Stop screwing around and get on the objective". I'm not talking about team chat either.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must be an emote because yesterday 76 told the group to "Stop screwing around and get on the objective". I'm not talking about team chat either.
    I think that's just one of his comments for when the payload stops moving.

Worst game I had was trying to take the objective area and getting killed, flipping through the camera feeds while dead I found the Winston was off at the next objective exploring and everyone else was off in hallways looking for snipers and the objective was outside in the open. Winston could of taken the objective by himself but was busy finding a wall to scratch his ass with undisturbed.

Dude, I was playing payload as Lucio and we kept them from getting to the payload until the last minute when literally everyone split up and decided to camp their base leaving me alone by the paylord and they got one shotted by junkrat tire. We lost that match. I was so pissed

I think that's just one of his comments for when the payload stops moving.
    Use team chat? Nobody seems to use it, I use it all the time. If there is a turret, bastion or sniper and I find them the hard way I tell my team where they are and my team always seems to remove the threat but no one ever tells me back stuff. "Bastion on the left back corner of objective room." "Widowmaker on the right balcony past the pinch point."

Seems really good so far. The only things i don't like is playing against Genji and Mei, and the fact that some points are heavily in favour of X side.

So you shot McCree twice, and he shot you six times, and you died, and you think that's "unfair"?

I'm 38, and don't have any such issues. It isn't an age thing.
    I shot McCree twice in the head with a shotgun at point blank range, so yes, the damage appears to be off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use team chat? Nobody seems to use it, I use it all the time. If there is a turret, bastion or sniper and I find them the hard way I tell my team where they are and my team always seems to remove the threat but no one ever tells me back stuff. "Bastion on the left back corner of objective room." "Widowmaker on the right balcony past the pinch point."
    Well, the issue is that I'm still getting into the feel of things and don't want to be all "Drill Sergeant" on people enjoying the beta. I just mean I'm often playing tank, and I'll see that my team's all up and harassing after I died, so I'll make my way back, they're all still up, I'll head to the payload, and nobody comes with. I get focus fired, because I can't take out their entire group as Reinhardt and nobody's providing any cover fire, and then when I spectate after my death, they're all hanging way back and taking occasional potshots, as if you should kill the enemy team and THEN go for the payload.

No. There's a Reinhardt. Get behind mah shield, and we'll go kill 'em in the face. Losing with zero deaths is worse play than winning but dying 20 times. Particularly since coordinated pushes can typically smash right through their defenses.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one think this is total disaster... ITS EVEN MORE CASUAL THEN HOTS...wake up ppl...u really like this?!?!?1

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I for one think this is total disaster... ITS EVEN MORE CASUAL THEN HOTS...wake up ppl...u really like this?!?!?1
    Ooops, is it time to start blaming casuals now? When do we get to tying Nazi's into the thread? Thats my favorite part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I shot McCree twice in the head with a shotgun at point blank range, so yes, the damage appears to be off.
    You say "shotgun" and put it in bold text as if that means anything. Also, I'm 100% sure you didn't actually hit him point-blank with a full blast. A point-blank Reaper shot does about 140 damage; 7 per pellet, 20 pellets. Two point-blank shots WOULD have killed McCree. A shot to the head is double that; one point-blank shot to his face would take him out; he's only got 200hp.

It sure looks like you only tagged him partially, and to the body to boot, both times. If you'd actually hit him, he'd have died. So either he was getting healing/shields/etc, or you missed, or there's something else you're not telling us.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, is it time to start blaming casuals now? When do we get to tying Nazi's into the thread? Thats my favorite part.
    I do like how we have some people saying this is too "casual", and others saying there's too high a skill ceiling and it's unfair that beta players have such an advantage in having practiced beforehand.