Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After probably 15-20 hours put into the open-beta... I think I'm starting to lose my taste for it.

I don't like the Skirmish stuff. I don't like the loot boxes. I ultimately find myself disliking more and more of the features and what constitutes the game itself. Do I really want to move up in MMR and deal with Tracers buzzing around me like gnats to such a degree I find it nearly impossible to kill them? Do I really want to have to constantly watch my head from Widowmaker in the hands of a good player? It just seems like a lot of nutache to keep at and spend 60 bucks over.

That said, I am also realizing that I'm extremely jaded. I'm losing interest in gaming as a whole which is hard for me to accept because I've been a gamer for much of my life. Hell, without it, I don't know what to do with myself! It leaves a rather immense void for me to fill and the aching to get back to it is constantly tugging at my chords.What else am I to do though?

My opinion? Stay away unless you're an ultra-obsessive competitor sort of gamer. It's not going to be for anyone but them at the end of the day; which is a rather bizarre turn for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-05-04 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    After probably 15-20 hours put into the open-beta... I think I'm starting to lose my taste for it.

I don't like the Skirmish stuff. I don't like the loot boxes. I ultimately find myself disliking more and more of the features and what constitutes the game itself. Do I really want to move up in MMR and deal with Tracers buzzing around me like gnats to such a degree I find it nearly impossible to kill them? Do I really want to have to constantly watch my head from Widowmaker in the hands of a good player? It just seems like a lot of nutache to keep at and spend 60 bucks over.

That said, I am also realizing that I'm extremely jaded. I'm losing interest in gaming as a whole which is hard for me to accept because I've been a gamer for much of my life. Hell, without it, I don't know what to do with myself! It leaves a rather immense void for me to fill and the aching to get back to it is constantly tugging at my chords.What else am I to do though?

My opinion? Stay away unless you're an ultra-obsessive competitor sort of gamer. It's not going to be for anyone but them at the end of the day; which is a rather bizarre turn for Blizzard.
    You can turn off skirmish in the games options so that you sit in the menu until you load into a proper game. Skirmishes are nice for practicing heroes you don't play normally, but beyond that I also turn them off. You're talking about not wanting to worry about high-level tracers and widowmakers and such, that's just part of the game my friend, fighting other players. I know well what you mean about becoming jaded and having a hard time finding games to enjoy - consider that you may be afflicted by depression if you're not finding joy in your main hobby any more.
    Overwatch is grand though for a "non-ultra competative" player though, you can just jump into quickplay and fight other players. That's an experience anyone can play and enjoy, but if you're not enjoying the gameplay (and have taken the time to try various heroes to find who you enjoy) then the game may simply not be for you.
    Do consider talking to a doctor though about the other thing, finding yourself just not enjoying stuff is a big hint for depression. All the best.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post

I suffered from serious burn out during closed beta because I had no team to play with. I was playing "SingleplayerWatch". It made me take a break. But since my friends all pre-ordered, I was able to play with them the past few nights and it has rekindled my love for OW. This is a team game. Its not for single players.

I do agree that this will be a major turn for Blizzard, this game is not for casuals. I kind of laugh when I see people say its "dumbed down" or "will never be an ESport". They have NO clue what they are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I bought the pre-order, how do I get the EA access to it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20055970/
    Open beta for public begins May5th (anyone at all can download and play).
    Early access to the beta for May3rd+4th, was granted to people who pre-ordered before April 29th via codes emailed to them.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    You won't, this was only offered until like 04.29 or so. You will have to wait for Thursday to come.

Pros: It's good looking and a lot of fun.
    Cons: It made me realize how bad I am at shooters. :-(

Second day playing and I'm getting a lot of AFK people. Someone earlier said they should reduce AFK time, but I had a lot of games last night where people just never left the base and never moved. This made for a lot of 3v6, 4v6, or 5v6 games. Not sure how those people were dodging the AFK timer if there was one, but it was really terrible to get stuck always a few men down on the capture points.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Torbjörn is severely reliant on a supportive, coordinated team.

Kill tanks fast? You must be facing some terrible tanks if you can outdamage them.

The turrets are useless because only an idiot wouldnt see them. You might get a surprise kill once, but after that they'll be gone. And anyone with a gun will just turn and destroy them because they fire a very visible beam. Hell, I accidentally destroy a lot of her turrets because they can't take any damage what so ever.
    All of that is a learn to play issue. I'm good enough to move evasively (not move around randomly but actually move around in a manner that reduces the hits i take) and i don't fight alone. I simply out play them.

You are wrong about the turrets. The turrets are the best part of her. Losing turrets is irrelevant, thats going to happen no matter what and they are easily replaceable, which you should be doing often (even at full turrets, you should be constantly re-positioning them once you get a knack for it. You do not put them in places people are going to accidentally fire into. I already said this, you put them off angle from where the enemy is going to aim at your team. In these situations, them turning around a full 180 or or 100 degrees + is time taken from them attacking your team and more time spent shooting them.

You learn how to use the environment and angles to your advantage.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-05-04 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd rather the game push me to keep up than make me feel like I'm having to waste time getting from A to B. And really, the matches are "short" because things are a bit railroad-y at this early stage, if you've got a couple experienced players. A bit more contest and those matches will open up and take longer.

I really don't understand this. A major part of why I LIKE Overwatch is that the maps aren't just conglomerations of boxes. Feels more like a real setting than a Paintball arena.

There's nothing "random" about it. This is you getting outplayed. Heroes all have set HP values and armor resistance, and their weapons do set damage amounts (with range falloff, in some cases). No random values at all that I'm aware of.

If you shoot Roadhog twice in the face with Reaper, and then he shotguns you in the face for a kill, that's him outplaying you. Roadhog's a tank and has a ton of HP. You're Reaper, you're squishy. His gun also does way more damage than yours do, because it's a lot bigger.

A round of attack/defense, as Deadmanwalking noted, is 20-30 minutes usually.

While this would be nice, Capture the Flag pretty much just straight-up wouldn't work. Heroes like Tracer or Pharah would have massive advantages in playing keepaway. Particularly Tracer with her Rewind. While they could add more (like a "protect the President" type mode, where each time tries to get kills on their opponent's "president"), I don't see why they'd need to for launch.

Then this really is the wrong type of game for you. This isn't a MOBA. Swapping characters on the fly to address the enemy team's strategy is core gameplay. It's like complaining that the game isn't turn-based, or that you can't carry 15 different guns on a single character.
    I never offered an example featuring Roadhog, so using him to dismiss my claim is a little backwards, e.g. I can blast McCree in the face with two rounds from the shotgun and have him survive, but at the same time, he'll merely do his "right-click" ability and drop me. There's something wrong about a game that can have someone kill you after taking two shotgun blasts at point-blank range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Wow, I didn't expect so many people to get as frustrated as I was last night, I actually expected to get ridiculed and told to l2p.

Yeah, I really want to like to the game, I have fun here and there but overall I'd say my fun is about 30% and frustration is 70%. Game is too fast paced, too easy to get kills or to die, no real counter play and whoever gets the 1st shot generally wins.

I swear it's like playing a random bg in wow and the entire enemy team is made up of rogues, this is how Overwatch feels to me. If the healer and tanks are on their toes, or atleast there is someone playing a tank or healer on your team, it tends to do well or at least not horrible, but if there aren't and everyone is just yoloing, like it happens in 90% of matches, you're just gonna have a bad experience.

Oh and don't even get me started about pros. People who played in the beta and are experienced or CoD kids on Ritalin, are gonna make your experience great or horrible, depending on whose team they are. If they are on your team, you don't really notice them, but if they are on the opposing team, they're gonna lock down entire teams at a chokepoint.
    Last night there was a Mei that you could tell the player knew very well wtf he was doing, that was just spamming walls at a chokepoin and if you went in to maker her move, you got shrekt by a Bastion deployed in such a position that he would insta murder anyone trying to go around the ice wall.

This doesn't fucking work without a matchmaking, you can't put noobs against MLG in a game like this, where counter play is non existing or relies entirely on the noobs picking the right heroes, as you will only drive away the vast majority of players because most of their experience with the game is just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Very much correct. Seems "noobs" and "yoloers" have no place in this game. In their rush to make an e-sports game, Blizzard forgot the vast majority of players aren't MLG material, so they made a game where you MUST coordinate and be very skilled at all times, or you will have a bad experience.

Well, guys, enjoy being schooled by pros in Prowatch. I didn't think I will do this, but I will take a look at Battleborn, at least that game doesn't look like it was made only for pros to play at e-sports competitions.
    Be careful, or several posters will tell you that this isn't the game for you. To be fair, I'm not an FPS gamer from a traditionalist standpoint (the last one that I played was HALO), but there's something off about this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post

Be careful, or several posters will tell you that this isn't the game for you. To be fair, I'm not an FPS gamer from a traditionalist standpoint (the last one that I played was HALO), but there's something off about this game.
    Well after the reading the official forums, it's true, this game is not for me. This game is designed around twitch reflexes, something which older folk like me (35 yo) just don't have anymore. This game is intended for kids, literally, and not because of childish content or some shit, but simply because only people under 30 have the fast reflexes required to play this game.

No idea why Blizzard chose to cater to such young audience, pretty sure no one would have minded at all if the game was slower paced like Counterstrike.

Well after the reading the official forums, it's true, this game is not for me. This game is designed around twitch reflexes, something which older folk like me (35 yo) just don't have anymore. This game is intended for kids, literally, and not because of childish content or some shit, but simply because only people under 30 have the fast reflexes required to play this game.

No idea why Blizzard chose to cater to such young audience, pretty sure no one would have minded at all if the game was slower paced like Counterstrike.
    The graphics are great, and I would assert that, in terms of their looks, they did an excellent job with the characters (the game would be excellent for an animated show). However, the game has a weird feeling to me, and it needs a Campaign mode, so it may go into the bin as another Diablo III (a significant disappointment).

10+ Year Old Account
    I never offered an example featuring Roadhog, so using him to dismiss my claim is a little backwards, e.g. I can blast McCree in the face with two rounds from the shotgun and have him survive, but at the same time, he'll merely do his "right-click" ability and drop me. There's something wrong about a game that can have someone kill you after taking two shotgun blasts at point-blank range.
    So you shot McCree twice, and he shot you six times, and you died, and you think that's "unfair"?

I'm 38, and don't have any such issues. It isn't an age thing.

i like how he bitched about twtich reflexes and gave counter strike as an example, it being most competitive and reflex/aim based fps around...

not to mention reaper is probbaly easiest hero to avoid fan the hammer, as mccree stun breaks after first dmg instance and spamming wraith from would easily saved him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Hang on, Tracer is the ultimate counter to Mei surely. ALL her abilities get her out of range of Mei's tiny little spray. Any tracer worth anything will never get caught out by a Mei.
    Mei is the hard counter to Tracer and Genji. Tracer going One on One with a Mei of equal skill level is suicide for Tracer.

Deleted
    You're not aiming right then, I play McCree often and roadhog will oneshot me *every single time* he manages to hook me

Deleted
    First impressions are. Snipers who are practised at it dominate the soloq modes and make them unfun.

Reinhardt is OP with a premade team

Sentries should get nerfed

To many shields and healing effects in the game.

I loathe that there isnt a proper team vs team gamemode but only these funnel app people into one small area modes.

I'm not giving away my money sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Mei is the hard counter to Tracer and Genji. Tracer going One on One with a Mei of equal skill level is suicide for Tracer.
    Mei is probably the strongest hero in the game right now. That hero is just insane against alot of heroes. Being able to wall in turrets / bastion, block entries, being able to block ultis and just straight up shut down pushes with her ulti.

The damage isnt bad either, headshot from icicle kills most non tanky heroes instantly. Insane hero on so many levels and just absurd in premade teams.

Last night I ran into a Genji who obviously had quite the chunk of closed beta experience, knew perfectly how to play to the inch so even though he was lvl 19 he literally stomped everyone 3 rounds in a row, funny cause the rest of his team couldn't hit anything.
    But guess that is expected when you wipe skins + ranks after CB.

Only lesser fun moment I had in like 12 hours of play so far.