Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Meh, Playing Overwatch instead. And that is the sad reality of the situation for this game.
    for you

I came from overwatch. IMO this game has more depth.

- - - Updated - - -

The next new hero has been mentioned named Pendles the snake. Coming from the same home world as Alani he is an assassin that uses poison and he is part of the rogues. Also new game mode is coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Alani:

"spin cycle..... HEAVY LOAD"

LOL
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The snake character looks like it will be right up my alley.

Pendles..... how does.... your body even work?

- - - Updated - - -

also what is with rogues and having only one eye? Am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

So I went a CDR alani build instead of attack speed because I know everyone will be going attack speed.

It is stupid strong. I expect the helix that reduces her CDs by .5 sec per hit to be removed. Riptide + osmosis generation in riptide + extended duration + reduced CD on hitting people = a lot of riptide. And then you have the mutation that makes riptide do 81 damage a second.

She feels like Pre-Nerf Ambra. And I'm laughing at how much fun it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I CALLED IT

on the previous page

I'm not surprised she is OP since you can pay extra to get her, P2win 4 the win.

Having tested and checked her out a bit more. It seems some of the values in her helix are off.

Biggest thing is the Damage Reduction by 100% for 6 seconds Helix.
    It's actually 30%.

She's pretty fun to play; though I'm not sure if I prefer her bursty healing over Miko's consistent healing.

Then there's Slow/Bind vs. Slow/Stun

I guess it'll depend on the team comp, but both seem pretty fun.

Still wish Ambra's strongest healing Mutation was early on. Rank 12 is required to make her sunspots into super heal spots(you can channel the staff into it for more healing).

And Kleese is Kleese.

Overall, I really like how they've one Support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised she is OP since you can pay extra to get her, P2win 4 the win.
    What the.. I don't even.. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    click bait is what he is doing

- - - Updated - - -

Having tested and checked her out a bit more. It seems some of the values in her helix are off.

Biggest thing is the Damage Reduction by 100% for 6 seconds Helix.
    It's actually 30%.

She's pretty fun to play; though I'm not sure if I prefer her bursty healing over Miko's consistent healing.

Then there's Slow/Bind vs. Slow/Stun

I guess it'll depend on the team comp, but both seem pretty fun.

Still wish Ambra's strongest healing Mutation was early on. Rank 12 is required to make her sunspots into super heal spots(you can channel the staff into it for more healing).

And Kleese is Kleese.

Overall, I really like how they've one Support.
    Yea she is def unique for healing. She's a burst healer instead of a HoT healer like Miko or ambra and kleese is well... kleese lol

If she is powerful and you can buy her with cash then it is p2win even if you can save up 47,500 credits.

I mean come on, you release powerful, people short cut with cash in the subscription.... I mean, "season pass"... to buy her and then you nerf her after you raked in some cash.

If she is powerful and you can buy her with cash then it is p2win even if you can save up 47,500 credits.

I mean come on, you release powerful, people short cut with cash in the subscription.... I mean, "season pass"... to buy her and then you nerf her after you raked in some cash.
    That makes zero sense because you can get her in game, getting 47k credits takes a long time is no excuse because ghalt takes forever to unlock too (you'll probably hit 47k credits if you save before you even hit ghalt). Secondly the key you get from season pass can be used on ANY hero not only that but the key is refunded if you unlock the hero via a normal way.

So no it's not pay to win because she's not behind a pay wall and secondly you would have to actually win with her.

Being OP is an exaggeration on my part. Her down side is she's slow and can't heal for crap unless she has a full stack. Though you went to over watch so really any smart ass remarks from you are just click bait to start trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    click bait is what he is doing
    I agree 100%, when I dont want to hear anything negative about something I like I too like to shut it out by making dismissive comments, like calling it click bait. Oh wait, no I don't because what I said has nothing to do with click bait.

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion but I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are to yours. Don't agree with me? Thats fine, you don't have to. I'm not sitting here trying to suggest that you finding overwatch to be less in depth to be click bait or trolling. White wash your fence all you like, just don't white wash me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are characters more powerful than Alani in the game right now. She's not op. Far from p2w.
    You can't even buy her directly with cash. Unlocking heroes 26 to 30 from the get go is simply a perk from the season pass. Which includes alot of other stuff.

How is this practice any different than any other similiar game like Smite or LoL? They also release heroes , sometimes op, sometimes not, and you also have to pay top tier price in game currency to unlock them.
    Disliking a design decision does not turn a game p2w. Especially when it obviously is not.

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion but I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are to yours.
    Your opinion is determined by misinformation which you refuse to listen to anything else. It's what we call "ignorant". She's unlocked in game, hero keys are refunded, get over it or go back to overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Moving on, with all the Alani around I'm going Galilea to help them out with their lore challenge.

Alani probably has the most ruthless lore challenges to complete. She has to kill ambra 25 times (assist do not count), party with galilea, heal over 800 in a single heal 20 times, hit 5 allies with riptide 20 times, and do 3000 damage with her ultimate 20 times (I think it was 20)

The ambra thing is going to be brutal.

Alani probably has the most ruthless lore challenges to complete. She has to kill ambra 25 times (assist do not count), party with galilea, heal over 800 in a single heal 20 times, hit 5 allies with riptide 20 times, and do 3000 damage with her ultimate 20 times (I think it was 20)

50 times for Heal 800 and affect 5 players with a single riptide.

10 times for 3k damage with one ultimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to derail. But funny thing. Was browsing at local store and apparently the 40$ version of Overwatch is only available for PC. While i was mildly curious to get it for my ps4 at that price point, theres no fucking way im paying full price for a multiplayer only game. GG.
    Last edited by Razael; 2016-05-24 at 10:24 PM.

Not to derail. But funny thing. Was browsing at local store and apparently the 40$ version of Overwatch is only available for PC. While i was mildly curious to get it for my ps4 at that price point, theres no fucking way im paying full price for a multiplayer only game. GG.
    ye i'm waiting for a drastic price drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want to know is when does Nova come out?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    She might be the character that looks like its in a robot/space suit in that image with the next 5 characters.
    She even mentions the suit in The Saboteur.
    Last edited by Razael; 2016-05-25 at 12:00 PM.

Seriously, stop. This is not P2W. Anyone can get her just by playing the game and earning ingame credits. Having the season pass allows you to get her a bit sooner, but seriously, that's not P2W. Hell, I know a few people who were already able to buy her using ingame credits on the day she was released. It's not hard to do. Just takes some time to grind, that's all. And grinding is reasonable considering that the season pass is the ONLY thing Gearbox is getting in terms of extra income in order to add all this shit to the game (which cheapos can still get without buying the season pass).

And having a new hero be a bit overpowered when they're first released is par for the course on MOBA and MOBA-type games. People will either learn how to effectively counter her as time goes on or she'll get nerfed/balanced some if necessary.

Don't know what it is with idiots who scream "P2W!" every time a developer does something they don't personally agree with on how it's handled.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100%, when I dont want to hear anything negative about something I like I too like to shut it out by making dismissive comments, like calling it click bait. Oh wait, no I don't because what I said has nothing to do with click bait.

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion but I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are to yours. Don't agree with me? Thats fine, you don't have to. I'm not sitting here trying to suggest that you finding overwatch to be less in depth to be click bait or trolling. White wash your fence all you like, just don't white wash me.
    Only problem is, your statements on "P2W" with Alani are factually wrong. It's your opinion, which you're entitled to, but know that it's still wrong. Scream "P2W" all you want, that doesn't mean you're right. Just means you're jaded against this game and are burying your head in the sand when people tell you that you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Moving on, with all the Alani around I'm going Galilea to help them out with their lore challenge.

One thing I don't care much for are some of the lore challenges in this game. Some characters are extremely easy to do (Ambra for example), but others are just flat out annoying or almost impossible to do without having teammates that you know and can coordinate with. I'm seriously hoping Gearbox goes back and rethinks some of the PvP-oriented lore challenges, because right now they either require you to be extremely lucky or be playing with at least a few other people who are working in coordination with you in order to even attempt them.