Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh no! These signs are so evil! What do they prevent people from doing?
    You seem to be confused. I am agreeing with you. Both sets of signs (from OP and from my example) are just harmless signs!

The first, and poster case was actually a dad trying to kill his own kid. In fact its incredibly uncommon, but the media ran with this case as if it was an epidemic.
    Yeah, and I mean it's the same way with the whole portrayal of "white privilege" and the like.

I mean, my dad was the bread winner between my parents and he's Metis. My mom's side of the family is white as porcelain and let me tell you there wasn't an ounce of privilege there. Like... I've met people in my life who fit the white privilege bill... Grew up in a big city, never had to work for a damn thing in their life... but most "white people" that I know started right from the bottom and worked their asses off for everything they have.

It's a bunch of racist bullshit really. Being white doesn't give you privilege. Being born to affluence and growing up in an affluent community does. And yes, due to institutionalized racism in the not so distant past, currently most of those people are white, but give it a few generations and it will just be "rich privilege" and skin colour will have SFA to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    You seem to be confused. I am agreeing with you. Both sets of signs (from OP and from my example) are just harmless signs!
    But the signs you googled for me were legally enforceable, the ones in the OP are the types students ignore so they can drink and smoke instead.

Really, they're not wrong. Not in Missouri, at least.

But the signs you googled for me were legally enforceable, the ones in the OP are the types students ignore so they can drink and smoke instead.
    So the OP's signs weren't legal? Is the RHA and/or SGA for the university being held accountable?

So a student or 2 put up signs? Thus a school of thousands is under threat?
    You're all too aware of the efforts to normalize that mode of thinking in people, and as a legal guy I really shouldn't have to explain to you the concept of incremental power creep as it pertains to laws and their rapid change once critical mass in a movement is reached. We as a society don't need to condone, encourage or accept that kind of belligerence either. To NOT expect pushback against it is kinda crazy to be honest.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the OP's signs weren't legal? Is the RHA and/or SGA for the university being held accountable?
    Whites only sign and legally enforceable =/= sign that says random stuff you are allowed to ignore. No one forces you to read the signs in the OP. While the whites only signs you googled for me had enforcement by law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    You're all too aware of the efforts to normalize that mode of thinking in people, and as a legal guy I really shouldn't have to explain to you the concept of incremental power creep as it pertains to laws and their rapid change once critical mass in a movement is reached. We as a society don't need to condone, encourage or accept that kind of belligerence either. To NOT expect pushback against it is kinda crazy to be honest.
    None of that has a thing to do with being a legal guy or not. Power creep is garbage from runescape and WOW. Btw if you want to discuss pushing back, I can push back as well. I find it ridiculous how scared many act on this forum... did you ever wonder why 90% of the SJW stories in the last few months have not had any numbers of students associated with them? Its because the numbers are incredibly low, pathetically so when you look at school populations. It hasnt been since maybe December where we had protests that were rather large. Since then its been less than 10 students. Thats why they dont report the numbers.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-05-04 at 12:05 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Really, they're not wrong. Not in Missouri, at least.
    This from the 4 foot shorty widey girl that tells us she can play professional football in miami. You realize how delusional you are right?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual fuck is this "check your privilege" bullshit supposed to accomplish? I'm a white male. The hell am I supposed to do about that?
    Last edited by AtomicSpoon; 2016-05-04 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Accidentally a word

Quote Originally Posted by Krematoriawoo View Post
    What the actual fuck is this "check your privilege" bullshit supposed to accomplish? I'm a white male. The hell am I supposed to do about that?
    Ah. Don't you love this progressive era, where only merit and not gender, sexuality or color are supposed to matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No it means that you're expected to handicap yourself so others don't feel like you're better than they are.
    I was actually taught this growing up

Whites only sign and legally enforceable =/= sign that says random stuff you are allowed to ignore. No one forces you to read the signs in the OP. While the whites only signs you googled for me had enforcement by law.

- - - Updated - - -

None of that has a thing to do with being a legal guy or not. Power creep is garbage from runescape and WOW. Btw if you want to discuss pushing back, I can push back as well. I find it ridiculous how scared many act on this forum... did you ever wonder why 90% of the SJW stories in the last few months have not had any numbers of students associated with them? Its because the numbers are incredibly low, pathetically so when you look at school populations. It hasnt been since maybe December where we had protests that were rather large. Since then its been less than 10 students. Thats why they dont report the numbers.
    Power creep is also something that exists in legal and political fields and is used on a yearly basis exemplified most blatantly in all the surveillance/Patriot act type legislation that has been crafted with the 'best intentions' in mind though you can find a more technical term if you like, I'm at work so trying to focus on that and used the most readily available descriptor which happened to be power creep. You want to shoot at semantics that's fine but the terminology applies and for those of us with a concern about the social fabric and how what starts as a minor catchphrase today turns into legislation 5 years from now it's really relevant and topical especially in the digital age where so much blows up in proportion to its' actual raw effect due to the contagious nature of information.

I'm glad the numbers of students associated with them is low, I'll be moreso when it's at or near zero.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power creep is also something that exists in legal and political fields and is used on a yearly basis exemplified most blatantly in all the surveillance/Patriot act type legislation that has been crafted with the 'best intentions' in mind though you can find a more technical term if you like, I'm at work so trying to focus on that and used the most readily available descriptor which happened to be power creep. You want to shoot at semantics that's fine but the terminology applies and for those of us with a concern about the social fabric and how what starts as a minor catchphrase today turns into legislation 5 years from now it's really relevant and topical especially in the digital age where so much blows up in proportion to its' actual raw effect due to the contagious nature of information.

I'm glad the numbers of students associated with them is low, I'll be moreso when it's at or near zero.
    power creep (when I googled it to see if I was wrong) also applies to
    1. magic the gathering
    2. Yugioh
    3. Hearth stone
    ... you get the point. Do you mean another term? Because its not power creep. I see no comparison to understand where you are coming from.

telling someone they have "white priviledge" is the same as telling someone they aren't qualified because they are black. It has no place in a civilized society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    telling someone they have "white priviledge" is the same as telling someone they aren't qualified because they are black. It has no place in a civilized society.
    I fully agree with this statement

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It isn't generalizing and painting with a broad brush when it is about the terrible white male!

You'd be salty too if you looked like a stooge like her. Facial piercings make people look like fucktards, it's no wonder that these SJWs are all losers.

They were meant to be visual examples of "harmless signs just being harmless".

I don't care that they were legally enforceable policies, or aren't now. What you're telling me is that if I posted one tomorrow, everyone should react to it as just a harmless sign.

And we agree.

power creep (when I googled it to see if I was wrong) also applies to
    1. magic the gathering
    2. Yugioh
    3. Hearth stone
    ... you get the point. Do you mean another term? Because its not power creep. I see no comparison to understand where you are coming from.
    I already said I meant another term, too distracted at the moment to think about it or care. Yet the terminology applies. What starts as simple pandering and posters on a university wall turns into the legislation of tomorrow with enough political momentum behind it which is partially why these types of things are done.

The assumption of a civilized set of principles overriding it really fails when we see these same types of slogans being tossed around by politicos and activists actually in the place to do things based around this crap. It takes only a handful of people with some lever pulling ability in the government machine to insert a sentence or two into something and really fuck things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were meant to be visual examples of "harmless signs just being harmless".

I don't care that they were legally enforceable policies, or aren't now. What you're telling me is that if I posted one tomorrow, everyone should react to it as just a harmless sign.

And we agree.
    But thats the distinction. The ones you linked me in that context were legally enforceable.

- - - Updated - - -

I already said I meant another term, too distracted at the moment to think about it or care. Yet the terminology applies. What starts as simple pandering and posters on a university wall turns into the legislation of tomorrow with enough political momentum behind it which is partially why these types of things are done.

The assumption of a civilized set of principles overriding it really fails when we see these same types of slogans being tossed around by politicos and activists actually in the place to do things based around this crap. It takes only a handful of people with some lever pulling ability in the government machine to insert a sentence or two into something and really fuck things up.
    The only way for that to happen is to fan the flames.... look at that sarkizan person... she never would have spoken at the UN if people didnt counter her points with rape threats.

So if you're white and rich, you should kill yourself?