Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regressive Left hard at work i see.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    Lots of people getting triggered by some stupid signs.
    Saying something is dumb is not the same as being triggered though. If that was the case you could say anyone who disagrees with something is "triggered". Ok let's look at some of the reasons though:

1. University students are trying to say that others besides themselves have "white privilege", ignoring that all university students are far more privileged than others. They are in the process of getting opportunities that non-university students will likely never receive.
    2. These types of messages are said to come from a place of "wanting more racial equality" but in reality it's pretty obvious they are just trying to divide people, racially, by insulting certain demographics.
    3. If we tried something similar with other demographics, there would be an immense amount of outrage. For example if signs were posted that said "most of the black people only got here because of affirmative action, so check your privilege".
    4. The thing about the police was the most hilarious. It says "white male privilege" ignoring the fact that 90% of those that are in prison are men. It also ignores things like female cops, black cops, hispanic cops, etc. I'm sure if you asked those people, they would probably find that kind of statement insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I liked this phrase:

"You wanna hate on someone for slavery, go scream at the graveyard"

I don't blame other people's ancestors for the fate of my ancestors; the grudge match would be endless
    Personally i like, 'I can pay your airline ticket to Africa if you want?'

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I liked this phrase:

"You wanna hate on someone for slavery, go scream at the graveyard"

I don't blame other people's ancestors for the fate of my ancestors; the grudge match would be endless
    We don't blame the children of criminals for their parent's criminal behavior, I don't know why we'd blame people 6 generations removed from a problem their ancestors caused.