Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garona Featurette, Vanilla Dungeon Objective XP, Blue Posts, Tweets, WoW Easter Eggs

The Future of Firebird's Finery, Monk Leaderboard S6 Weekly Recap

Deck Spotlight: No C'Thun Vuk'Lor Evolve Shaman, Value Town #73 - All About Arena - Meta, Rankings, Cards

May 26th Hotfix Notes, Medivh Skills & Talents Recap

Everything You Need to Know for the Overwatch Launch Today - Heroes, Maps, Skins, Lore

Warcraft Movie - Garona Featurette
    A Garona featurette has been released! More movie reviews are out, with positive reviews from fans and mixed reviews from critics.

Vanilla Dungeon Objective XP Nerf
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    What Id love to know is why this was done so stealthily.
    I have no issues with 1-40 being harder, but why nerf BC and Wrath dungeon xp?

What's the basis for this claim? We didn't touch BC or Wrath dungeon experience.

One additional bullet point that should have been in yesterday's hotfix notes is that we did reduce the experience from the dungeon "scenario" objectives for Classic dungeons (levels 15-58). Those awards were new as of Warlords, but for low-level dungeons they were largely were redundant with the numerous quests available inside each dungeon. Dungeons are intended to be rewarding, and they still are, but zoning into Deadmines and completing ~5 quests, plus the kill experience for everything, plus a couple more quests' worth of experience from the dungeon objectives, was overkill. When we looked at low-level dungeons and tried to understand what had changed to make them so much more lucrative over time, that bonus objective experience immediately stood out.

There wasn't any intent to hide this change (it's not a subtle change, and obviously it was immediately noticed). There were a total of 8 different hotfixes rolled out over the past week or two as part of this entire plan, and that one just slipped through the cracks when we were writing up the documentation of the changes.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP Gear Item Levels
    Hey guys! Just want to correct the basis for this discussion.

Currently, what's going on with the ilvl for gear from rated PvP in Legion is: it's decided dynamically when it's rewarded to you, and that decision is based on your rating.

So while the lowest version of an item may be 870, it will have its ilvl increased to 880, 890, or 900 -- based on your rating. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Discipline Priest -- Legion Beta Feedback
    Thanks for all the feedback. To revisit something that we touched on back at Blizzcon, but perhaps haven't talked about since then: Discipline is the most complex healer to play in 7.0 by a wide margin, and is possibly the most advanced core rotation of any spec. We know this and are generally okay with it, even though we still want to manage it within reason. It is to some extent inevitable due to the mixture of DPS- and heal-type targeting that Disc has to frequently swap between, something that no other spec asks of you outside of specific talents. Also, Disc is intentionally positioned against Holy, which is one of the more accessible healers in 7.0.

Feedback from all players is still very useful for looking at potential skill-floor issues, but 7.0 Discipline is intended to be something you opt into if you are seeking out the mixed DPS/heal gameplay that it's built around. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What happened to the awesome class titles like Highlord that you got from completing the artifact quest in alpha?
    Felt premature to award titles like those so quickly. They are now earned by completing your Class Order campaign. (WarcraftDevs)

The drop rate on the archi mount is being reduced on the pre xpac patch ?
    No - Mythic Archimonde and Blackhand’s mounts will become rare drops when Legion launches. (WarcraftDevs)

Overwatch - Making of Giant Action Figures
    As part of the release of Overwatch, three giant action figures were created. Mold3d has a nice writeup and pictures of what the process was like.

Read the Warcraft Movie Prequel—Durotan Available Now!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Prepare for the release of the Warcraft movie by reading the official prequel! Written by best-selling author Christie Golden, Durotan takes you into the heart of the Frostwolf Clan as they struggle to survive on a dying world.

In the world of Draenor, the strong and fiercely independent Frostwolf Clan are faced with increasingly harsh winters and thinning herds. When Gul’dan, a mysterious outsider, arrives in Frostfire Ridge offering word of new hunting lands, Durotan, the Clan’s chieftain, must make an impossible decision: abandon the territory, pride, and traditions of his people, or lead them into the unknown.

Pick up this tale of survival, conflict, and magic at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and many other fine booksellers.

Warcraft Movie Reviews
    Collider and ETC News did a review of the Warcraft movie with some people who know about the game and those that don't.

Warcraft Easter Eggs
    There are lots of Easter eggs in WoW and this video covers just a few of them.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-26 at 02:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nifty, Garona!

Even with benefit of the doubt, "slipped through the cracks" is causing a bit of a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see they're putting their books into more spotlight. Posted a thread about this not long ago
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

God dose blizzard think were dumb all these low level changes are because of the the want for legacy servers we wanted the harder lving experience but blizzard dont understand that we want more then a more challenging lving a experience we want the old zones they way they were back in the day smoke and mirrors blizzard smoke and mirrors

Deleted
    I read the Kotaku review, and it was so incredibly dumb, I can't believe a journalist actually published it. You're reviewing the Warcraft Movie, and you talk about understanding Warcraft because you've played World of Warcraft. It's true for some, but playing a game doesn't automatically mean you understand its Lore, and the lore pre-dating the game.

Furthermore, they criticize the Movie for not being like World of Warcraft, but this is not a World of Warcraft Movie, nor is it a Movie about any game. It's a Movie about the Warcraft story, it's hard to take someone serious when they don't recognize that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mele View Post
    God dose blizzard think were dumb all these low level changes are because of the the want for legacy servers we wanted the harder lving experience but blizzard dont understand that we want more then a more challenging lving a experience we want the old zones they way they were back in the day smoke and mirrors blizzard smoke and mirrors
    Shut up with "we". I have to pay the price of you people who whine and whine and whine about nostalgic crap. Now they're making leveling experience even more dreadful ... Blizzard is weak because it listens to loudmouth forum nostalgic crybabies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Shut up with "we". I have to pay the price of you people who whine and whine and whine about nostalgic crap. Now they're making leveling experience even more dreadful ... Blizzard is weak because it listens to loudmouth forum nostalgic crybabies.
    It has zero to do with their opinions on leveling. As Blizzard said, they've been doing this for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mathiaslindberg View Post
    It has zero to do with their opinions on leveling. As Blizzard said, they've been doing this for a while.
    Yeah sure ... the game has more and more expansions and they want to make leveling slower, especially in today's world where people want faster everything? Obviously, ... what was I thinking, it makes total sense.

The movie was good, maybe I 'm a bit biased, but I really liked it. Weird to see all the lore, even some twisted, but still great and would watch again. I understand this is a movie and can't show everything in the lore, some must be different (Garona orc-human thing), but all in all I liked it. I hope they will continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    "People recognize area's of stormwind and say hey i've been there" This is what pisses me off about the movie,the old SW would have looked nothing like the new one as it got sacked and burned to the ground after Warcraft 1, the people who play WoW now walk around the new version that Van Cleef and his cronies rebuilt. The old SW would have looked more like Stromguard than anything.

So where do we get actual figures to put on "normal" shelves? Because those are pretty damn badass. Especially the Genji one.

Much wants. Many moneys. Angry wife.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barinthos View Post
    So where do we get actual figures to put on "normal" shelves? Because those are pretty damn badass. Especially the Genji one.

Much wants. Many moneys. Angry wife.....
    There is the Tracer and Solider 76 statues, as well as Funko Pops, but yeah, no action figures that I have seen yet.

Well, look at Garona, what a babe. And those tusks! Why can't female Orcs in the game be more like that!

Quote Originally Posted by mathiaslindberg View Post
    I read the Kotaku review, and it was so incredibly dumb, I can't believe a journalist actually published it. You're reviewing the Warcraft Movie, and you talk about understanding Warcraft because you've played World of Warcraft. It's true for some, but playing a game doesn't automatically mean you understand its Lore, and the lore pre-dating the game.

Furthermore, they criticize the Movie for not being like World of Warcraft, but this is not a World of Warcraft Movie, nor is it a Movie about any game. It's a Movie about the Warcraft story, it's hard to take someone serious when they don't recognize that.
    Well that's what you get for reading anything from that shit site. lol Most reviews I've read are the same though, the movie, acting, cgi all are pretty mediocre and that's putting it mildly. I already knew it was gonna be meh to begin with so doesn't change how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Well that's what you get for reading anything from that shit site. lol Most reviews I've read are the same though, the movie, acting, cgi all are pretty mediocre and that's putting it mildly. I already knew it was gonna be meh to begin with so doesn't change how I feel about it.

Can you point me to "reviews" where CGI is apparently mediocre and that's putting it mildly? All of the reviews? Bending truth, much?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Can you point me to "reviews" where CGI is apparently mediocre and that's putting it mildly? All of the reviews? Bending truth, much?
    I said all the reviews I've seen not every single one. You can tell the CGI is Hobbit level just by the trailer...lol it was one of the most noticed things besides the lackluster acting and script.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You don't even need reviews to reach these conclusions. The previews and sneak peaks are full of awkward acting and ugly CGI.

And, yeah, Kotaku (and IO9, for that matter) reviews are terrible in general, but the basic thesis--the Warcraft movie is bad--seems like a no brainer.

It's really obvious they're trying to slow down leveling to sell more boosts. Leave leveling alone you greedy fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I said all the reviews I've seen not every single one. You can tell the CGI is Hobbit level just by the trailer...lol it was one of the most noticed things besides the lackluster acting and script.
    You are too stupid to even receive a proper "piss off"...Good bye..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Discordance View Post
    You don't even need reviews to reach these conclusions. The previews and sneak peaks are full of awkward acting and ugly CGI.

And, yeah, Kotaku (and IO9, for that matter) reviews are terrible in general, but the basic thesis--the Warcraft movie is bad--seems like a no brainer.
    Yes, I should believe you over all the experts and critics, right? Even the people who called this movie downright terrible have praised CGI. So yeah, you clearly value your opinion too much.

I know internet is great place to troll thanks to anonymity but that amount of stupidity must hurt..somehow..

I don't really care if the movie is a blockbuster or a flop personally, i'll still download it on TPB and watch anyways. But if it's exceptional i might see it in theaters(though i doubt it even if it is). I just usually avoid theaters since I'm cheap.

It's been said before that most people who quit -- quit during the leveling process.
    Though when you buy Legion you get a level 100. The question I'd like answered is what percentage of people but the battlechest but not Legion?
    I'd love to see fresh blood in the game, badly, but they need to be careful...