Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    So there's a new patch that adds modding tools to the game.

Maybe community will fix everything that's wrong about DoW3.

Source: https://www.dawnofwar.com/article/pa...august-29-2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So there's a new patch that adds modding tools to the game.

Maybe community will fix everything that's wrong about DoW3.

Source: https://www.dawnofwar.com/article/pa...august-29-2017
    I don't think anything can fix this game besides going "Surprise, here are 2-3 more factions for free!" And that will never happen ever.

This game was a dumpster fire. Entirely bare bones, seemingly designed from the ground up to nickle and dime consumers with DLC (IE: SEGA's modus operandi of late).

And since it failed miserably they probably won't even release that DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played through the single player "campaign" this weekend. Terrible.

DOW3 is a massive disappointment. Perhaps I will come to love it in time and with mods- but right now, I just feel this was a lot of wasted effort for a game people did not actually want in this manner.
    its a curse, 40k is such a rich and massive universe, but we cant get a solid game to save our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its a curse, 40k is such a rich and massive universe, but we cant get a solid game to save our lives.
    DoW 1 was decent. It had issues that could of been fixed in DoW 2, except they decided to go with a completely different game concept and just piggy backed the name. And then DoW 3......

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    DoW 1 and 2 were good in different ways, so was Battlefleet Gothic, and I actually enjoyed Relic's Space Marine game too. But yeah, apart from that GW has farmed out the license to mediocre or plain bad developers. The universe has a place for so many types of games, from RTS (Relic style) to grand strategy (manage an Imperial world or drive a WAAAAGH to mayhem for instance) to FPS (imagine a Doom-quality game where you fire a Bolter) or RPGs, but somehow it only gets bullcrap these days.

Oh well, at least Total War Warhammer is good and the second game looks even better. Funny how Warhammer Fantasy had more decent games than 40k, as I've also heard good things about Mark of Chaos, Mordheim and Vermintide.