Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Space Skinny Marines, Jumping and sprinting Terminators, Blood Ravens Chaptermaster leading every SM army in multiplayer? Thanks but i'll pass, maybe if i can grab a key for like 20 bucks, then i'll check it.

P.S.: the Campaign story leaked and they basically pulled a Chaos Rising 2.0 with it, lazy as f*ck.

Deleted
    I'm pissed about the fact that they wasted time and effort on this MOBA bullshit.

Will most likely buy the game when there is a deal, because I like what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-24 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Played some of the beta, not really sure how I feel about it. I want more gore, more blood, those special killing animations (decapitating other units/slicing them in half). I'm just not liking it because it's too much like Starcraft now.
    This is my main gripe with it too, don't get me wrong, what I see doesn't look objectively terrible, but it just doesn't seem to have the same visceral and satisfying combat engagements that the previous 2 had, perhaps i need to play it myself but I'm not overly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    This is my main gripe with it too, don't get me wrong, what I see doesn't look objectively terrible, but it just doesn't seem to have the same visceral and satisfying combat engagements that the previous 2 had, perhaps i need to play it myself but I'm not overly optimistic.
    even then those 2 were mediocre appealign to a very niche franchise. 40k has such a massive and immersive world that its still we cant get a solid non third rate publisher or studio to make a game that isnt just lol tabletop port.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Played some of the beta, not really sure how I feel about it. I want more gore, more blood, those special killing animations (decapitating other units/slicing them in half). I'm just not liking it because it's too much like Starcraft now.
    Oh, don't worry. "Blood 'n' Guts" will be paid DLC, like it is for Total War: Warhammer. I'm not kidding, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Well, it's a fun game, it really is. However, they've really strayed from what the game used to be.
    Only 3 factions at launch is ridiculous, especially since the rest will more than likely be paid DLC.
    If I want flashy, i'll play Starcraft, when I want a complete bloodfest, I play warhammer. That's really one of the main things that pulled me into the franchise. Just how bloody it was. I may end up buying it, but it definitely won't be something i'll get on launch day. I'll wait for more factions and a sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Oh, don't worry. "Blood 'n' Guts" will be paid DLC, like it is for Total War: Warhammer. I'm not kidding, either.
    I really miss games from back in the day, when they came with just about everything as is without the side platter of DLC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, can always look on the bright side I suppose.

At least once it's fully released it can't be as bad as Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade.. right?

Just bought it for 35 bucks. I cant wait to start playing it but I guess I will miss the squad type of game of the DoW 2 in the Campaign mode(I really love the leveling up, equiping items and that stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hey, its 52% on steam so its still above average !

Worst thing about this is that other studios will look at DoW3 and say that people just dont want RTS games anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Worst thing about this is that other studios will look at DoW3 and say that people just dont want RTS games anymore.
    And then genre will end up in kickstarter purgatory like old school RPGs did.

I'm enjoying it. I'm the one person that seemed to not like dow2 so a return to traditional rts is great for me. That being said it's too simple and way too based around hero units. You just get destroyed unless using them. Multiplayer looks horrible, if I wanted to play a moba i'd play one of the many many many available.

All that said I think it's a good rts campaign wise, just wished I waited for a sale.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2017-04-29 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Just bought it for 35 bucks. I cant wait to start playing it but I guess I will miss the squad type of game of the DoW 2 in the Campaign mode(I really love the leveling up, equiping items and that stuff)
    I just got it for $35 as well. Started the campaign, so far liking it. Been told it gets boring though, so we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    dow2 had less playable races than dow1 which was weird and i thought to myself dow3 for sure wont do that again. ironically it has even less races than dow2

this aside, how fun is the game ? i actually enjoy sc2 and mobas, but what do ppl mean with dow3 being like a moba anyway ? all units are controlable right ?
    ill probably get this game, i didnt like dow2 too much. i care mostly about replayable skirmish/multiplayer and not campaign

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    dow2 had less playable races than dow1 which was weird and i thought to myself dow3 for sure wont do that again. ironically it has even less races than dow2

this aside, how fun is the game ? i actually enjoy sc2 and mobas, but what do ppl mean with dow3 being like a moba anyway ? all units are controlable right ?
    ill probably get this game, i didnt like dow2 too much. i care mostly about replayable skirmish/multiplayer and not campaign
    There is only one game mode and it is a MOBA.

The maps are split into lanes (sort of, but not really). In each "lane" there is a shield generator for each team. You have to break it to push forward in that "lane". Behind each shield generator is a turret. Likewise you have to break through that. Then at the end and the convergence of the 1-3 "lanes" is a core, one for each team. You have to destroy that core to win the game.

So it is legit just a MOBA, but instead of champions you have elites (each race has like 10 I think), and instead of minions you have armies.

But yeah that is the ONLY game mode in MP, there is no baseline skirmish or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been mulling it over and can't decide whether to get the game or not? I probably won't play the multiplayer so is the campaign any good and actually worth buying the game for? I loved DoW1, the 2nd one was okay but never actually finished it.

10+ Year Old Account
    played campaign for couple of hours and 2 skirmishes vs ai and so far it seems confusing

10+ Year Old Account
    unit control system is retarded in this game compared to starcraft 2. can only add units to groups with ctrl (same function as shift in sc2), cant overwrite those groups (no actual ctrl), cant move units from grp to grp where it subtracts from one and adds to another (alt).
    if i could at least overwrite those groups but i cant which results having the same unit in 2 control grps

controling army here is a fucking pain
    campaign missions (storytelling is cheap but fine) are tiresome

i dont mind elites and moba aspects, but the rest actual rts stuff

and how the hell am i supposed to level my elites ? after playing skirmishes vs ai i get no experience for them at all. only from the campaign
    Last edited by Proskill; 2017-05-24 at 06:26 PM.

I played through the single player "campaign" this weekend. Terrible.

DOW3 is a massive disappointment. Perhaps I will come to love it in time and with mods- but right now, I just feel this was a lot of wasted effort for a game people did not actually want in this manner.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Playing through the campaign right now, would probably have finished it by now, if not for stopping each time an Eldar mission pops up. God I hate Eldar...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann