Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Lady goes off on man with son at supermarket for using foodstamps (video)

A video posted online last week purportedly shows an unidentified woman castigating a man in the checkout line at Walmart for using SNAP benefits, more commonly called “food stamps.”

The video, which was first noted by HotTopics, has amassed nearly 122,000 views since going online on April 24. The woman can be seen standing in line behind the unidentified man, who is at the counter with his child.

“I put in 50 to 60 hour weeks,” the man says toward the start of the video. “I’m trying to provide for my family.”

“You’re not providing for it, I am,” she replies. “The government is. They take it out of my check, bullsh*t they don’t.”

The man turns back to her and says, “OK, then contact your local senator and congressman and issue a complaint. Vote Republican. I don’t know what to tell you, I’m sorry, I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Oh, trust me — I am not a bleeding heart f*cking liberal,” she says. “That ain’t gonna happen.”

With his back turned to her, the man responds, “I don’t care about you, lady. Shut the f*ck up.”

“I don’t have to; it’s a free country, remember?” she says. “If I’m gonna pay for all your sh*t the least I can do is talk.”

“It is a free country, isn’t it?” he asks.

“It is for people like you,” she shoots back, adding, “Bernie supporters,” making reference to Sen. Bernie Sanders.

shes at a walmart and shes surprised someone is using food stamps?

So she's making a fuss and blaming a low-income family for taking some very small portion of her money, instead of the rich who take the lion's share of american wealth?

Deleted
    What a bitch, she should just shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have way too much time on their hands, if they are willing to spend it picking on people in Walmart for using SNAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    So she's making a fuss and blaming a low-income family for taking some very small portion of her money, instead of the rich who take the lion's share of american wealth?
    Her partisan tea party overlords decided that the 3 trillion dollars in financial aid that the all important too big to fail corporate citizens received in the last 10 years doesn't matter as much. (for the record that's 20,000 dollars from every single tax payer, assuming there are 150 million tax payers in the US)

That's what happens when miserable people can't vent their frustration in slightly awkward online forums - they explode at a Walmart!

7+ Year Old Account
    She must have had a bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    That's what happens when miserable people can't vent their frustration in slightly awkward online forums - they explode at a Walmart!
    Walmart! "The internet forums of retail"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    I believe that's called 'working as intended'...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Some people have way too much time on their hands, if they are willing to spend it picking on people in Walmart for using SNAP.
    Think about it though. She had to be close enough to them to see how they were paying and pay attention to what card the dad pulled out of his pocket.

I can't recall the last time (or ever for that matter) that I cared how the person ahead of me paid for their merchandise.

If she isn't already, she is going to be one of those people who spies on their neighbors because she has nothing else going on with her own life.

The amount of money that she puts in towards his food stamps is like what(?) one billionth, a trillionth? The argument that someone pays for an individual through the government is one of the dumbest arguments around.

Frankly, as long as this man isn't one of those that exploit the system then he is doing nothing wrong, unlike those that have brand new cars and jewelry while still sucking off the governments tit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Those YouTube comments...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    She must have had a bad day.
    Not really. People are morons who can't do math to realize that welfare recipients cost them about 20 dollars a year, versus the fact that nearly every penny of their tax money is going towards pork barrel sweetheart deals/tax breaks being slung around like candy for the top 0.1%.

So they bite down on the shit biscuit that their lives suck, because poor people are robbing them blind. When in reality their life sucks because their boss cut their Christmas bonus so he could buy a gold plated swimming pool.

But god forbid we ever direct our ire at the people who deserve it. But then we would give up our delusion that we're all just "temporarily embarrassed millionaires".

I see it all the time in a grocery store. If somebody is paying with food stamps, their head is usually slung pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Because you know she will.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Walmart! "The internet forums of retail"
    When should we go there to shit shop?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Should just hit her
    well didnt take long for the violent left to show up. Dont you have a trump rally to attend so you can physically assault people with different opinions?

If he works, then it comes out of his check as well.
    Trying to make it , working, it is everything that "food stamps" is supposed to HELP with.
    He isn't a welfare "king",just using assistance to get by.

Kudos for the dude for not giving her the crack across the chops she desperately should have gotten/seems to be wanting at this point...good man.

Wish Wal Mart would have removed her from the property for harassing this guy...then banned her from the property.
    THAT would have been ....fun to see on film.

So just to confirm, being on food stamps is an offense worthy of public harassment now? No additional criteria is required?