Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just sad and disrespectful.

Not everyone on Welfare is trying to play the system or being too lazy, there are seriously impoverished and disabled people who survive on food stamps and working poor, menial jobs.

What's sad is that somebody could require food stamps while working 60 hours a week. What the fuck is wrong with this world?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So just to confirm, being on food stamps is an offense worthy of public harassment now? No additional criteria is required?
    Just like any slur or name calling...no justification..just que up and let em go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck her and anyone like her.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not really. People are morons who can't do math to realize that welfare recipients cost them about 20 dollars a year, versus the fact that nearly every penny of their tax money is going towards pork barrel sweetheart deals/tax breaks being slung around like candy for the top 0.1%.

So they bite down on the shit biscuit that their lives suck, because poor people are robbing them blind. When in reality their life sucks because their boss cut their Christmas bonus so he could buy a gold plated swimming pool.

But god forbid we ever direct our ire at the people who deserve it. But then we would give up our delusion that we're all just "temporarily embarrassed millionaires".

I see it all the time in a grocery store. If somebody is paying with food stamps, their head is usually slung pretty low.
    Eh I would be too. I find it confusing some people use their food stamps with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    well didnt take long for the violent left to show up. Dont you have a trump rally to attend so you can physically assault people with different opinions?
    Because everyone who's against people getting bullied for being poor and on welfare is part of the "violent left".

Hell and before you call me an SJW or some shit, I'm very much against people abusing the system, but some people DO need welfare programs and are trying to turn their lives around.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So just to confirm, being on food stamps is an offense worthy of public harassment now? No additional criteria is required?
    My only personal issue is when I see them buying redbull and crab legs with a SNAP card then using cash for cigarettes, lotto tickets, or beer.

Outside of specific instances of this nature, I don't personally care about SNAP usage.

Bitching about someone else on social assistance while standing in line at a Walmart, with a cart load of imported shit. Congrats on being not only part of the problem, but completely fucking stupid as well.

She's an idiot who doesn't realize how the economy works, or how taxes work, or how the .gov spends money.

Odds are the man in the video is much better informed.

Maybe if corporate overlords didn't pay starvation wages a man or woman working 50-60 hours a week wouldn't need foodstamps.

One of the things Walmart does is hand their new associates the forms to apply for .gov assistance. Walmart shoppers, such as the complaining lady in the video, are having their low prices subsidized by the .gov.

We as a society have decided that is preferable to having starving people, including children, begging and dying in the streets. If she doesn't like it she should move somewhere without a social safety net, like Somalia.

Oh, and lastly, aid to the poor stimulates the economy magnitudes more effectively than tax cuts for the wealthy because poor people and middle class people spend it whereas rich people offshore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My only personal issue is when I see them buying redbull and crab legs with a SNAP card then using cash for cigarettes, lotto tickets, or beer.

Outside of specific instances of this nature, I don't personally care about SNAP usage.
    I remember fox new's story on that (because crab legs) I remember the retort by Jon Stewart too.

While I kind of agree with her, she needs to STFU. It's not his fault that's how the system works and he's taking advantage of the benefits it provides. Bitching at him isn't going to do anything but piss people off.

Mind your own damned business and deal with it the right way, not like this you fuckin harpy.

Deleted
    What that man said is sexist.

Wow, the comments so far are priceless here. How dare someone get mad over some other healthy individual that is not pulling his own weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Because everyone who's against people getting bullied for being poor and on welfare is part of the "violent left".

Hell and before you call me an SJW or some shit, I'm very much against people abusing the system, but some people DO need welfare programs and are trying to turn their lives around.
    what th...?! no, the people who are advocating illegally physically assaulting people are the violent ones...i dunno where all that other stuff came from.

Wait, he works that many hours per week, yet he still needs foodstamps?

Wtf...as for the lady, I'm not surprised. Seen her attitude plenty of times from Americans on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Wow, the comments so far are priceless here. How dare someone get mad over some other healthy individual that is not pulling his own weight...
    The guy being berated in the video apparently works 50 to 60 hours a week.

Oh no, someone using food stamps for their intended purpose.

The SNAP program makes up what, 6% of the US federal budget? Does she berate soldiers for spending her money? The military is like 54%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Working 60 hours a week is not pulling their own weight? How do people seriously forget that the root cause of people who work full time, YET still need government assistance is very heavily due to the wages put forth by business owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    The guy being berated in the video apparently works 50 to 60 hours a week.
    Same woman votes for the side of politics trying to roadblock an increase in the minimum wage that would get him off food stamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    What a classless bitch. It's "Your restricted lifestyle offends me.", or "Look at this silly thing - probably Libra - choosing to be poor in assumption I would find amusement in it. If you're still planning on children Helen, make sure, they're born Virgo or Aries."