Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
Ain't no rest for the triggered..... It's like some of you guys just can't see a happy medium anywhere lol. My previous response was that the government does have some very good purposes, even in that very post I stated that nobody believes that we don't need a government. Rather many Americans believe too much government at the same time is a bad thing. The welfare system in particular causes many problems, while I do acknowledge some people really do need it, on the flip side we've also seen it do things like cause people to sell their food stamps in exchange for drugs, unemployment encourages people to not find work since they can get paid to sit at home, and it appears that the welfare system is creating a dependency and causing people to live beyond their means (like having kids before they are ready).

I'm all for government programs, but they have to be within reason and prove to be successful. Is welfare actually helping people get to a point where they no longer need it? Or are they staying on it indefinitely?
The point is that you are always dependant upon it sans renouncing citizenship. If 'welfare' is defined as using government money for example, that means every buck you spend was printed and is given value by the gov. You don't stop having freedom of speech for not paying a bill, either.

I have no doubt a lot of people think 'less government' is the middle in the modern day US. Those people are idiots, or actual losers who like the first world but can't be assed to pay for it.