Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Having any public assistance is stigmatized in the US man, where have you been...

A couple years back when I went to see my doctor, there was some severely mentally disabled guy in there with his caregiver, the caregiver told the nurse at the front desk his insurance was Medicaid and half the people in the lobby rolled their eyes and gave the handler and the disabled guy the stink eye. The nurse who weighed him was pretty bitchy at him too.
    Its obviously his own fault he is severely mentally disabled.
    how dare people get free medical care, who do those poor people think they are?

Should put all the disabled and poor people in camps i'll tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Or maybe she is shopping at Walmart because she is living within her means and spending money frugally so she doesnt have to sign up for food stamps, or maybe its because she pays so much in taxes to fund the leeches
    how is he a leech when he works 50 hours a week, are you saying he does not pay taxes?

Or maybe she is shopping at Walmart because she is living within her means and spending money frugally so she doesnt have to sign up for food stamps, or maybe its because she pays so much in taxes to fund the leeches
    ...but he is shopping at Walmart too and you are accusing him of not being frugal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Reminds me of when I worked at Walmart, they made sure my payscale was so low that even with food stamps I was pretty well required to shop from them if I wanted to not go in debt, quality of the food be damned.

Asked them how I could go about supporting myself at the job, they told me to go for welfare because that was the only way you could survive working there short of an act of congress. (Not even exaggerating there, had a manager tell me it would take an act of congress to live at that job).
    Well if you wanted a real job you should have gone into manufacturing err... the shale industry eh... crap... um... let me get back to you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Medicare actually has a huge overhead, because they "under the line" most of their expenses. Things like collection of medicare payments are all administratively done by other govt agencies (IRS) that are not counted in Medicares overhead.
    They vendor out all processing services to companies like united, anthem and others then when it comes time to allocate the expenses back into medicare they play games to make the administrative charges look cheap by putting most of it under benefit payments instead of overhead.

As for this bitch, she pulled that in front of my kid, unfortunately i would need more food stamps after being arrested for spitting in her face.
    And considering all of that, the overhead is very small, still much smaller than private insurance.

"Cry more, you fat bitch" would have been the appropriate response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    What great customer service.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Well if you wanted a real job you should have gone into manufacturing err... the shale industry eh... crap... um... let me get back to you on that one.
    Pretty much, any job that pays a livable scale here typically have hundreds of applications for any individual opening they get.

It is mathematically impossible for people, as a whole, to dig themselves out no matter how much they work and unfortunately, the harder they collectively work, the harder it makes it for people to even stay afloat as a whole as them busting their butts increases overall productivity which makes for more redundant workers that can be cut and more competition for the remaining jobs leading to lower wages and on and on. Without protections in place, the benefits from the improvements get horded by the top while the downfalls of it fall on the lower rungs.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Pretty much, any job that pays a livable scale here typically have hundreds of applications for any individual opening they get.

It is mathematically impossible for people, as a whole, to dig themselves out no matter how much they work and unfortunately, the harder they collectively work, the harder it makes it for people to even stay afloat as a whole as them busting their butts increases overall productivity which makes for more redundant workers that can be cut and more competition for the remaining jobs leading to lower wages and on and on. Without protections in place, the benefits from the improvements get horded by the top while the downfalls of it fall on the lower rungs.
    Well I'm going into my mid 30s now. There's no viva la revolution in the cards for me. You kids have to figure it out on your own now. I'm just going to pack my bags and hop on the first flight to Timbuktu when shit hits the fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    ...but he is shopping at Walmart too and you are accusing him of not being frugal.
    Ye dude because he is in the bracket below Walmart... Those people, according to Orlong, should just sit in their cold dark apartments (no heat or electricity, since its above their means) in the shittiest part of town, and eat ramen.

Then there is the shit bracket below that, those people, who have no means, are simply leeches and deserve death delivered by the swift hand of justice that is Orlong.

Anyone working 60 hours a week, even minimum wage wouldnt require food stamps. They take them because they dont want to live in their means and since the government hands them out, they take them. They could use their own money and subsist on ramen noodles and live with a room mate or a less desirable part of town with lower rent
    And what does the kid live on?

What I find ironic is the possibility of the woman being in full support of our military funding while raising shit over a system that feeds those in need.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    That man is also using his food stamps to buy an awfully large amount of brand name food and products. His cart should be full of nothing but Great Value products. In fact there should be a law that SNAP benefits can only be used on generic foods much like prescription coverage.

how is he a leech when he works 50 hours a week, are you saying he does not pay taxes?
    Number of hours doesn't ultimately determine this.

If he is married with one child he could be paying a few hundred into federal taxes every year if he properly claims 3 dependents (himself, spouse, and child) and receiving back close to $4,000-$5,000 because of federal tax credits.

He may be contributing to the local state tax (if his state even has one), but ultimately my guess is he is getting a sizable check back every year from the IRS.

That man is also using his food stamps to buy an awfully large amount of brand name food and products. His cart should be full of nothing but Great Value products. In fact there should be a law that SNAP benefits can only be used on generic foods much like prescription coverage.
    so they should eat lower quality food because they use food stamps?

so they should eat lower quality food because they use food stamps?
    This is a misconception, a lot of store brand food is perfectly fine and in some cases better.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    "Cry more, you fat bitch" would have been the appropriate response.
    He could have asked the cashier where the harpoons were located and I think he handled the situation well considering whales can't survive on land. I wouldn't know how to react either.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-05-03 at 07:03 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    And what does the kid live on?

What I find ironic is the possibility of the woman being in full support of our military funding while raising shit over a system that feeds those in need.
    Really though the reason the woman is making a stink is because her life probably sucks too. Everybody is getting screwed by the system. Even if you make half a million dollars a year in some way or another the system is screwing you. It's all designed for the benefit of the very very rich.

Just think of abused animals, and how they maul innocent children to death, and never the asshole that abused them. Because to your dog you are god. Nigh untouchable. And eventually the feeling of being cornered and need to act reach a breaking point and you can't help but act irrationally towards the nearest, weakest target in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    There exists a tricky problem of a Soldiers ultimate purpose is a willingness to die for a cause, but being motivated by self-interest is counter to that. If I am only in it for the paycheck, I am never going to say sacrifice myself for the group, I will turn on you the minute the enemy offers better pay.

PMC's are dangerous because in the long run soldiers with no inherent loyalty to the Nation, TURN on that nation.
    You presume that loyalty to a nation is not dangerous or that its a good thing.

I can't wait to shame you when you're down on your luck and need help... Ill be sure to remind you that its for your own good.
    Well anyone who is doing shaming correctly doesn't enjoy it, they just see it as part of their duty. Also if you really are advocating that we should help people who are down on their luck and NOT shame them, it would be rather hypocritical to do it to me in that situation, even if I myself think its appropriate.

Also to presume that people on food stamps are "down on their luck" is untrue by any measure. I don't think its unlucky to be a parent of a family with multiple children who can't support them, and I don't even think its "unlucky" to be born into that family, it is the design of a pathologically altruistic society that refuses to hold people accountable for their poor decisions and ends up subsidizing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Maybe we should like.. Let them work at some big old-style house that has huge fields of cotton, all the poor could pick that cotton and the owner of the house would make sure they would have a roof and some food.

Genius, I say!

Oh great, another "conservative" telling us how he wants to micromanage how people shop. So much for "small government"...