Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Balance trinkets as of 6.2.3?

Will we be using the BOA trinket instead of say, DSI?

Deleted
    Orb of Voidsight might be very good against certain bosses, specifically:
    • Tyrant Velhari
    • Fel Lord Zakuun
    • Mannoroth
    • Archimonde

All these bosses and their ads are classified as demons.

Gorefiend is a demon too, but none of his ads are demons, so DSI will be better there.
    Last edited by mmocf0735c38c4; 2015-11-28 at 07:21 AM.

Let's say for heroic only, which trinkets would you be using against these fights? Would you sacrifice SoC or DSI? Having the stat proc, 10% increase + the int proc from DSI seems like an insane burst that would melt the demon bosses.

It was recently hotfixed that "Damage bonuses against demons should now work correctly on Archimonde.".

Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    Let's say for heroic only, which trinkets would you be using against these fights? Would you sacrifice SoC or DSI? Having the stat proc, 10% increase + the int proc from DSI seems like an insane burst that would melt the demon bosses.

It was recently hotfixed that "Damage bonuses against demons should now work correctly on Archimonde.".

is there a proc per minute, cooldown on the proc

or can this be rolling the whole fight?

If its anything like the strength one ive seen uptimes ~50%. Which would be absurd. Remains to be seen though, not entirely sure if blizzard really wants a boa trinket being BiS.

But then again maybe they do, who knows.

It looks like the trinkets have a 15% proc chance with no ICD. I saw one log with a pair of warlocks whose uptime ranged from 40-47%.

If we assume 40% uptime and the stat weights from over here the trinket should be about as good as a 720 DSI. For bosses where the demon bonus damage is relevant it seems like it's BiS by far.

does it matter if it was bis? nerfs are welcomed and intended. welcome the easier farm, the leg up for remaining progress. don't complain. have some fun. -- they are 715 aren't they? would be pretty amazing still if they really outperformed, upgraded high-ilvl (~745/751) hfc trinkets in some cases.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-11-18 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    This trinket is very strong. A boomkin in my guild and a Warlock whom have it, had around 50% uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    does it matter if it was bis? nerfs are welcomed and intended. welcome the easier farm, the leg up for remaining progress. don't complain. have some fun. -- they are 715 aren't they? would be pretty amazing still if they really outperformed, upgraded high-ilvl (~745/751) hfc trinkets in some cases.
    Would it be? Call me old fashioned but I dont think it feels exceptionally interesting or engaging to have a trinket from dungeon content replace a trinket from the last boss of the highest tier of raiding in any situation. Let alone something completed gated behind your personal rng. Had 2 people in my guild get 2 trinkets and have yet to see one.
    Last edited by Albimoo; 2015-11-18 at 10:53 PM.

Replaced my HC SoC with it and have been having good results, though I've only used it on Mythic Manno and HC Manno/Archi. Other trinket is ofc a 630 DSI.

Noticed that with the new item upgrades, trinket and 6% buffs my Starfire crits have gone up 200k in my burst from about 430 to 640 which is uhm... pretty huge. Procs quite often and the damage it lets you do is really nice.

Not sure about using it on non-demon fights though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Would it be? Call me old fashioned but I dont think it feels exceptionally interesting or engaging to have a trinket from dungeon content replace a trinket from the last boss of the highest tier of raiding in any situation. Let alone something completed gated behind your personal rng. Had 2 people in my guild get 2 trinkets and have yet to see one.
    I totally agree with you, but if it's as good as some are reporting then we're gonna have to get one... RIP us.

Even worse is that you get to suffer through the fun of RNG. I did all of my mythic dungeons for the week and saw no trinkets. Now I have to debate taking alts through it to try and get one.

I used it for a few bosses and never saw anything approaching 50% uptime. 20-30% was normal. Not saying it can't hit high uptimes, but I would expect something around 25-30% to be normal. Just tempering some wild expectations that people may be getting.

Deleted
    I never got below 40% uptime for the trinket, average was around 45%

Still M SoC and M DSI....other than maybe zakkun.

The uptime will be a tad lower but it should still be BiS over SoC for zakkun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    I used it for a few bosses and never saw anything approaching 50% uptime. 20-30% was normal. Not saying it can't hit high uptimes, but I would expect something around 25-30% to be normal. Just tempering some wild expectations that people may be getting.
    I think what some people are neglecting to mention, is:
    Like most other trinkets it's highly likely to proc on pull.
    Coupled with the fact some bosses are killable in 90 second now, even with a SINGLE PROC you'll see atleast 15% uptime. Now if you get atleast 1 more proc, you'll see huge increases in uptime PROVIDING YOU KILL BOSSES QUICKLY.

The faster your kill times, the better this trinket is; regardless of demon's or not. Obviously on long fights (mannaroth+archi) its just better anyway.

Anecdotal: We killed Zukuun in 1:56, I saw 6 procs for 58.13% uptime ..shame I didnt get enough shotting star procs to spam ss/sf/sf for all of CA.

Iron reaver saw 3 procs back to back on pull. But they do overwrite. End to end that would have been 45 seconds uptime, I only got roughly 25 seconds due to it clipping itself. This left me with 33.87% uptime. Could have been almost 70% if it didn't overwrite :'(
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2015-11-20 at 07:49 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by SiMo View Post
    its been hotfixed
    Got a source?