Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Prison sentence for a 4 euro prejudice sounds insane ...or american.

It would be stupid to point out here that there is a silly stupid thing called a ''trial'', you know that dumb ''SJW'' thing (proof, there is the word ''justice'' in it), that you have to held to sentence to send someone to jail, and that, y'know, it cost probably way more money than the actual worth of the goods stolen.

(Let me guess : ''I have a big gun, so I would be a real man and shoot someone in the head for stealing chips, ur ur ur'' )

Stealing should never be ok. Your country should make sure that everyone is fed though.

the first thing im going to do when i get to italy is declare that i am hungry in front of 3 witnesses

i will then claim literally every item in the country of italy for my own, as anything can be declared food, more or less.

then, once i own the state of italy, i will instantly change the law, in front of my 3 witnesses, so that i can then do the exact same thing to all of planet earth.

after earth becomes mine, i will then move to phase 2 of my plan for world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So freedom isn't a basic human need?
    It's never been a basic human need or a right that can't be revoked.

Deleted
    The only crime here is that it this went through 3 rounds in a court before being thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's never been a basic human need or a right that can't be revoked.
    http://www.un.org/en/universal-decla...-human-rights/

"that can't be revoked".

Reading an entire sentence is important.

If freedom was a right that couldn't be revoked, we wouldn't have prisons, and sending your child to time out would be a jailable offense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the first thing im going to do when i get to italy is declare that i am hungry in front of 3 witnesses

i will then claim literally every item in the country of italy for my own, as anything can be declared food, more or less.

then, once i own the state of italy, i will instantly change the law, in front of my 3 witnesses, so that i can then do the exact same thing to all of planet earth.

after earth becomes mine, i will then move to phase 2 of my plan for world domination.
    That slope isn't just slippery, it's paved with Vaseline and Pam.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I can see why you are confused, yes european courts are actually more humane as our prisons aren't private property and companies don't stand to profit from incarcerating everyone, the irony of american courts putting a price on freedom that way indirectly.

Do create more threads world estranged Orlong, i do enjoy a good stereotype now and than!
    Wait, you think privately managed prisons meand companies are putting people in jail? For real?

10+ Year Old Account
    "that can't be revoked".

If freedom was a right that couldn't be revoked, we wouldn't have prisons, and sending your child to time out would be a jailable offense.
    We still have prisons, but whu should we punish people when they try to break out? If they use violence or damage something they should be punished but just breaking out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Their constitution is all God and guns, the hungray don't figure there.
    The funny thing is, even the bible says it's alright for a starving man to steal in cases of extreme necessity (If he pays later). Many countries with catholic background uses the St. Thomas Aquinas concept where you get pardoned in these cases of extreme necessity, if the crime didn't risked anyone well being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Wait, you think privately managed prisons meand companies are putting people in jail? For real?
    Kids for cash waves at ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Rofl, what. Locking people up for stealing like 4€ costs more than it's worth. It fucking costs more from when it was reported up until the verdict in court... Locking them up would cost shitloads more than that.
    They'd still do it here in the good ol' US of A. Gotta make a profit at all times, got no time for being humane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    We still have prisons, but whu should we punish people when they try to break out? If they use violence or damage something they should be punished but just breaking out?
    Typically when you break the law you get punished. When you've already been deemed dangerous enough for prison, breaking out is a preetttty clear sign that you refuse to see what you did was wrong, don't care, or otherwise flaunt the judgment while continuing to be a danger to others, which shockingly results in another legal judgment.

You don't know ? Catholic ''iz not rully christian''...

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically when you break the law you get punished. When you've already been deemed dangerous enough for prison, breaking out is a preetttty clear sign that you refuse to see what you did was wrong, don't care, or otherwise flaunt the judgment while continuing to be a danger to others, which shockingly results in another legal judgment.
    So you claim all people in jail are a danger to society?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Apparently its now legal to steal in In Italy if you are hungry according to their courts. Instead of throwing criminals in jail, they are just going to encourage more people to steal. Hell, why should I pay for food if everyone else doesnt. Just say you are hungry and take all you want for free. Nevermind that you are screwing the markets who wont be compensated for their losses. I hope they all close down in protest!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36190557
    Isn't this a return though to Biblical Christian morality?

When thou comest into thy neighbour's vineyard, then thou mayest eat grapes thy fill at thine own pleasure; but thou shalt not put any in thy vessel.
    Deuteronomy 23:24

Once more this is also a return to the traditional values of the Medieval Corporate Ideal nation once prevalent in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    "that can't be revoked".

The American constitution also separates life, liberty, and happiness. This should indicate that they are discreet categories and I've heard from some very reliable sources that the constitution is worded the way it is for very specific reasons.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You didn't read about that large scandal in the US? Where Judges got paid of to ensure their prisons were filled nicely and thus very profitable.

A documentary was even made about this, this is something that took place not long ago either, it got quite a bit of attention as it went about kids if money is throw at judges there you can expect this to be happening for more than one privately owned prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_Cash