Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    So they should balance it around what the BG spammers say?

If they listened to that crowd, PvP would be dead. Competitive PvP is where the most dedicated players are, where the streamers are and where the tournament players are.

Go read the PvP forums on either Blizzard's or MMOChamp. The amount of shit people talk is shocking. They definitely should not be catering to those people. The high-end competitive players actually know what they're doing.
    Oh, you're right, they should totally be catering to people who are an utterly insignificant amount of income. Like, if every single one left, no one would even notice. And who couldn't possibly pay the bills if everyone of them payed ten times what they currently pay.

Great logic.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2016-05-06 at 10:20 PM.

I honestly see no point in doing BGs anymore after all these changes. They have sucked so much fun out of it. Everyone walking around like templates. Arenas/RBGs yes, but random BGs no. If anything they should have gone even further with arenas and make ilvl have zero impact on stats, but for fucks sake leave BGs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I honestly see no point in doing BGs anymore after all these changes. They have sucked so much fun out of it. Everyone walking around like templates. Arenas/RBGs yes, but random BGs no. If anything they should have gone even further with arenas and make ilvl have zero impact on stats, but for fucks sake leave BGs alone.
    Funny story, since you obviously didnt know. Yet, you sound like do know; You can pvp with no gear on in Legion. Stats will be controlled and static. The only thing that may change is the passive traits on your artifacts and pvp talents. TL,DR ilvl has 0 impact on pvp come Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Funny story, since you obviously didnt know. Yet, you sound like do know; You can pvp with no gear on in Legion. Stats will be controlled and static. The only thing that may change is the passive traits on your artifacts and pvp talents. TL,DR ilvl has 0 impact on pvp come Legion.
    Uhh... 100% wrong, bucko.

10 iLevels = 1% flat bonus to your stat template. So, ironically, the gap between "best gear" and "starter gear" will be within 2% of live. Hue hue hue. Also, the template doesnt apply in World PvP - at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Oh, you're right, they should totally be catering to people who are an utterly insignificant amount of income. Like, if every single one left, no one would even notice. And who couldn't possibly pay the bills if everyone of them payed ten times what they currently pay.

Great logic.
    That wasn't the point. The point was that they should listen to people that actually know what they're doing. Their best feedback they'd ever receive would be "omg blizerd nerf ferla it heel 2 much and i gt 1 shot plz nerf blizzerd"

Deleted
    wtf its relics, not artifacts. who the hell cares for itemlevel which are scaled anyway? xD
    if only OP could read /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Uhh... 100% wrong, bucko.

10 iLevels = 1% flat bonus to your stat template. So, ironically, the gap between "best gear" and "starter gear" will be within 2% of live. Hue hue hue. Also, the template doesnt apply in World PvP - at all.
    AND... You're actually completely wrong. So wrong. You're misquoting information from almost 6 months ago. Obviously, you havent gotten on Alpha tested anything yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakaar View Post
    wtf its relics, not artifacts. who the hell cares for itemlevel which are scaled anyway? xD
    if only OP could read /thread
    because Affliction I could get an additional 1-3% DMG mitigation(via Shadows of the Flesh). Or 1-3% overall increased Shadow dmg(via Shadowy Incantations). or 10-30% increased Healing to Drain Life. 2-6% increased dmg to Drain Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    That wasn't the point. The point was that they should listen to people that actually know what they're doing. Their best feedback they'd ever receive would be "omg blizerd nerf ferla it heel 2 much and i gt 1 shot plz nerf blizzerd"
    Not everyone "spamming bgs" is a raging asshole
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Taking away player choice is the antithesis of what a MMORPG stands for.

If the only player choice you have is which spec to use then expect flavor of the month specs to dominate PVP. In the past, with different gearing, gemming, glyphs, you can make a non optimal spec still decent, especially factoring in player skill. Now, that is all but an impossibility and must rely on blizzard nerfing templates to achieve "balance".

So if you play a spec that values both mastery and haste, Blizz will make a template that only values mastery, but ignores the playstyle of a haste build.

This is not healthy for the game long term.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    AND... You're actually completely wrong. So wrong. You're misquoting information from almost 6 months ago. Obviously, you havent gotten on Alpha tested anything yourself.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743054830#3

That post was made 2 weeks ago. Current difference in stats between honor and conquest : 9,5%.

http://legion.wowhead.com/search?q=v...tors#items:0-2

Elite pvp gear ilvl : 870
    Base ilvl according to holinka's post: 800

Difference between starter gear and max gear 7%.

Also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742845325#4

Non instanced ilvl gap between a casual in BG gear and a heroic raider/2200+ pvper : 50+ilvls

Not to mention the latest datamine of mythic tier sets according to wowhead place them @ 900ilvl lmao
    Last edited by Livevil; 2016-05-08 at 07:49 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Taking away player choice is the antithesis of what a MMORPG stands for.

If the only player choice you have is which spec to use then expect flavor of the month specs to dominate PVP. In the past, with different gearing, gemming, glyphs, you can make a non optimal spec still decent, especially factoring in player skill. Now, that is all but an impossibility and must rely on blizzard nerfing templates to achieve "balance".

So if you play a spec that values both mastery and haste, Blizz will make a template that only values mastery, but ignores the playstyle of a haste build.

This is not healthy for the game long term.
    I really liked how it worked in Cata. Even though it was PvE gear, you could mix and match it for more damage and less resilience, letting you either go for more damage/less tanky or more tanky/less damage and different players would have different gear all over the place. Made it a lot more interesting.

I see Livevil debunked you already.

I still find it funny that people think these changes are magically going to fix the imbalances in pvp. At top rated arena, everyones gear is basically the same. The same players are still going to dominate no matter what. People act like these changes are all the sudden going to turn that sub 1k rated keyboard turner into a 2.5k rated twitch hero. I, like many others, play this game because it is immersive, it takes you away from the stresses of everyday life. It's the main reason I hate fps games, you log on, go bangbang, then log off and don't feel accomplished at all. Even though now he large majority of my time is spent in pvp, I still want character progression though gear, that's how these games have always worked.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"