Thread: pre event ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pre event ?

when is it ?
    when are we gonna encounter these doom sayers ?

1 month before release is standard for pre-patches. Could be earlier but don't bank on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    A month before release would be my guess. Still too long of a wait for new stuff to do ._.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember them saying this one might be longer, I'm thinking 6 week sooner is possible, but 4 week before is the latest to expect it. Somewhere between 17th of July and August 2nd would be my ballpark area, with pre-17th July as unlikely but possible.

When the Pre-Event is imminent, it will be plastered all over the front page.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I want to say June 10th-August 2nd. We've never gotten less than a month of the prepatch. However, it would probably be in Blizzards best interest to get at least the class changes out for the movie since it is confirmed you'll get a sub for 1 month with a movie purchase. Confusing new players with a patch during their free month would be bad...

with it now being 3 parts i expect it longer than a month.

the 3 parts
    Dreadlord transformation(zombie event)
    Invasion of the legion
    Assault on broken isle
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    it would be really a DUMB move from blizzard if the prepatch is not up at the and of this month / at the beginning of the next when the movie gona launch at the end of this month.

Would totally undermine the idea of getting new players for the reason you mention
    I can see them pushing the prepatch to give those new players a reason to pay for a month after. But I think getting the class changes out should happen AT latest by then as a good business move. Do I think Blizzard will actually do it? Idk. They did push class balance sooner this "Alpha" and they've been pretty hard at work at it compared to others. Then again some spells STILL don't have proper animations.

My officialtm prediction for this Summer

May
    First Week: Overwatch Open Beta
    Second Week: First week of Legion Beta is the Open Stress Test. Lasts one week. All subscribers get in. Pre-purchasers get into the closed beta once the pre-patch launches.
    Third Week: Overwatch release.

June
    First Week: Pre-patch launches. Beta continues to test 100+ content. A minor patch will be released shortly before the August 30th release to cover additional bugs.
    Second Week: Movie time. Everyone loves it. In celebration, Blizzard releases the Nostalrius mods from their secret underground complex, "The Scream Chamber".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post

the 3 parts
    Invasion of the legion
    Assault on broken isle
    The Dreadlord Transformation event is the only thing that is ending at Legion's release. The Broken Shore is Legion's "starting experience." And the zone invasions are fun for leveling and might last a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    My officialtm prediction for this Summer

May
    First Week: Overwatch Open Beta
    Second Week: First week of Legion Beta is the Open Stress Test. Lasts one week. All subscribers get in. Pre-purchasers get into the closed beta once the pre-patch launches.
    Third Week: Overwatch release.

June
    First Week: Pre-patch launches. Beta continues to test 100+ content. A minor patch will be released shortly before the August 30th release to cover additional bugs.
    Second Week: Movie time. Everyone loves it. In celebration, Blizzard releases the Nostalrius mods from their secret underground complex, "The Scream Chamber".

- - - Updated - - -

The Dreadlord Transformation event is the only thing that is ending at Legion's release. The Broken Shore is Legion's "starting experience." And the zone invasions are fun for leveling and might last a long time.
    They've said multiple times that broken shore will be part of the pre patch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post

the 3 parts
    Invasion of the legion
    Assault on broken isle
    Thinking about it, it would make good business sense for them to release the events in stages like this instead of all at once. It would give players content to do and to look forward to and it would build anticipation for the new expansion, potentially bringing in new subs and renewals.

Also remember that the people who pre-ordered will be able to make demon hunters early, so that will fit in there too somewhere. So at some point this summer there will be demon hunters running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Thinking about it, it would make good business sense for them to release the events in stages like this instead of all at once. It would give players content to do and to look forward to and it would build anticipation for the new expansion, potentially bringing in new subs and renewals.

Also remember that the people who pre-ordered will be able to make demon hunters early, so that will fit in there too somewhere. So at some point this summer there will be demon hunters running around.
    Last i knew the invasion of the legion and assault on broken shore are supposed to be activated separately. Invasion first and then assault later
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I would say they will implement this pre-patch a little earlier than the usually 1 month seeing as they are implementing a new class. I believe they said somewhere that you will have adequate time to gear you demon hunter prior to the expansions release, to me, this would be closer to a 2 month pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    They've said multiple times that broken shore will be part of the pre patch
    *Yells through cupped hands, for like the fifth fucking time* IT'S BOTH. PRE-PATCH. STARTING EXPERIENCE. JUST LIKE MAKING DEMON HUNTERS.

It's not being removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post

It's only three months until the expansion. You're talking about a game that has gone 13 months without an update. Simmer down.

I wonder they will add a pre-pre event. Like cata had those earthquakes weeks before the previous event hit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I wonder they will add a pre-pre event. Like cata had those earthquakes weeks before the previous event hit.
    Remember that bug a while back that made it where you'd hear fel reaver sounds at random? I think those were meant for the pre pre event but it accidentally slipped in with the 6.2.x patch

Artifacts will be available in patch pre-expansion??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's only three months until the expansion. You're talking about a game that has gone 13 months without an update. Simmer down.
    Musing that releasing the events in stages might be good business sense is grounds to tell someone to "simmer down"? Who knew?

The Broken Shore will happen first
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."