Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If they are doing it, they must find it fun.
    A lot of stuff happen in this world. Not all of it is motivated by fun. This game is no exception.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look at it as fair game, as long as it's not within the opening weeks of content release
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    A lot of stuff happen in this world. Not all of it is motivated by fun. This game is no exception.
    Sometimes I don't know why I bother with you. Really.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it's got loot it's under my boot.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not a sadist, so... I only pick fights with people who might actually stand a chance, if they can't put up a fight, it's not fun at all.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's part of the game, especially on a pvp server. You're not supposed to be a carebear when you see the opposite faction, if they don't want to die while leveling don't play on a PVP server its that simple.

I realize the OP might've been trolling for an outrage discussion, but I'll give my honest view of things.

Ganking is a degenerate action. People use all sorts of "because pvp" reasons to justify it, but to anyone who values fair play there is no justification.
    I started on a pvp server back in classic, and I had fun with the concept of being in danger at any time from players who were close to my level.
    Being one shot, often camped, drove me to PvE servers because there was no longer a snowball's chance in hell of seeing a relatively equal open world engagement.
    People my level didn't go to zones when they were done questing, there were no objectives. It was all instanced, then battlegrounds became a thing.
    This further reinforced my decision. The only time I saw flagged "combatants" was when they were visiting lowbie zones to wreak havoc unchallenged.

It's a lot like the current state of PvE. People want success, but they don't want to compete or put forth effort. Some people rage about the general degradation of play when it comes to match-made groups, but the average PvP server player doesn't bat an eye at easy street encounters when they get to have their empty victory at someone else's expense.

As an American, one of our fundamental rights rings true in my mind: The pursuit of happiness. In layman's terms, it's the right of every person to seek that which brings them happiness without negatively impacting another person's ability to do the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    Ofc, and this is why I go to pvp servers. But I never gank players questing lower then me just to be an ass. If we are around same level, and there can be some resistance or a fair fight, Im all for that as Im real pvp'er, not a douchebag.

There should be limit to who you can pvp agains. Anybody lower then 5 leves of you should be out of question. Especcialy at low leveles. The worst retards are those level 30-40 who got bored of questing so they go to lvl 10-20 areas just to make life hard for people. Wtf is the point?
    There is a limit to who you can PVP against. It's called server choice: You can PVP against anybody who rolls on a PVP server. Camping and ganking and all the other WPVP shenanigans are part of the PVP server experience.

Also lol @ Mr. Pursuit of Happiness up there. Am I negatively impacting your ability to pursue happiness by killing your toon on a PVP server? It's part of the experience. Griefing used to be a community building thing. On my vanilla server there were guilds entirely dedicated around the concept of being a defense pact against campers when out in the world. I've made great friends from going out to protect a guildie who was being camped by higher leveled/several enemy players. "I had fun with the concept of being in danger at any time" sure but PVP server ruleset means you can't demand a fair fight. If you want a fair fight, go do matchmade PVP. That's based around the concept of fair fights. WPVP isn't, WPVP is unfair at its core.

Yeah, sure, WPVP is not for everyone. That's why it's optional. You can just as easily play on a PVE server (and there are plenty of PVE servers with decent/good raiding and PVP communities so you don't need to starve yourself out of all the competent team mates on that)
    Last edited by mmoc3ad41decb2; 2016-05-03 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I kill critters... and if it's red, it's dead.
    Pretty much this. If I see horde, i don't care what level they are.. they are my enemy. I am sworn by my king to dispatch them with the utmost prejudice.

The horde are scum in my book, and if I allow a low level horde continue leveling, I am doing my king, and the Alliance a disservice. I don't care if they are NPC or player, they are all scum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I kill critters... and if it's red, it's dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone crying about getting ganked in teddy bear MMOs nowadays is pathetic tbh. I miss the old days of D2 HC pking.
    Remember popping peoples corpses and taking all their loot while they cried "hey cmon man give it back!", and people think the communities today are toxic.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But from the perspective of the ganker, they are not really a real person. They are just another set of pixels in game, like a low level mob, or a bot. For all they care, they are just a program built by blizzard.
    That only enforces my perspective. They aren't worth honor and do not grant any sort of loot, and whether they 'see' them as a person or not doesn't denote the fact that they are being a douche to them for literally no reason other than the pleasure of griefing them. If you don't see people as people and take pleasure in tormenting them, then you're seriously messed up. Camping and griefing people that cannot fight back is not only pathetic, but it's being a jerk in addition to a number of other stigmas.

Personally, I do enjoy a good ganking, because if you do it enough, it usually spawns a good PvP battle in the low level zone
    No, you're only pissing people off by that point by being an ass. Nothing more. There is no benefit other than sick and twisted pleasure to griefing people on purpose.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. If I see horde, i don't care what level they are.. they are my enemy. I am sworn by my king to dispatch them with the utmost prejudice.

The horde are scum in my book, and if I allow a low level horde continue leveling, I am doing my king, and the Alliance a disservice. I don't care if they are NPC or player, they are all scum.
    The king is a bunch of pixels....
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I don't do it, and if I'm on a PvP server it's too be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    While I disagree with you labeling all people like this, you should also know, some people do it because they only see the enemy (Horde vs Alliance) - Roleplaying, etc.
    Roleplay is one thing, but it is still griefing if you're disregarding the ability of them being able to fight back or not, as well as camping their bodies. The act of camping their bodies automatically breaks immersion anyway, so it's not really legit by that point. So no, I would have to disagree with that claim.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am saddened that there are people whose enjoyment comes from the frustration of others. I do not want to associate with such people.
    herp derpy fucking derp

That's the WHOLE POINT of PvP.
    For you to when, someone else has to lose. Your fun comes at someone elses expense.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Never would have guessed how butt flustered folk get over a game that has pvp baked into it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I beleive he was specifically referring to Ganking and not Grieving, which he stated in the OP.
    Yet you replied to me, which I specifically mentioned ganking and griefing.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    One of the most pathetic things to do in the game.

The worst are the ferals/rogue who actually stealth to ambush your ass, like you would stand a chance otherwise.

Get them while they are young (Low Level)! They obviously choose the wrong faction and need to pay for it! The longer it takes them to level, the long you don't have to deal with yet another max level player of the other faction making you life a living hell!!

Roll on PVP server? Deal with it. I despised every moment on a PVP server, escaping ganking becoming easier with flying is a damned myth when there's content you have to do in the world! Not to mention I was Alliance, and the server was primarily Horde dominated...but complaining about it didn't exactly do me any good. Sometimes I'd be able to own the attacker, sometimes they'd own me, sometimes they'd outnumber me, sometimes I'd have numbers on them with guildies on my tail.

Would be pretty weird if leveling on a PVP server was completely safe, or prevented being attacked by someone above your level...

And I GTFO that PVP server at first chance, never to look back. Considering making a character on a PVP server and level it from scratch to max in Legion though, with the new PVP system...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-03 at 10:10 PM.