Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see a persons level when I encounter them in the world. I see my enemy and I'm going to kill them. That's not me grieving a person and certainly not what you described earlier. I believe Jaylock has the same stance as I do.
    There is a significant conscience difference between hitting someone flagged near you, and hunting them down and killing them over and over when they have no ability to fight back.

Diffusing that notion with the element that "it's my RP" isn't legit since camping spawning locations isn't a validating lore reason to begin with once you take it to that level. It's a game mechanic and not a lore feature, that much is clear.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But in ganking and campign there were never equal terms.
    instanced pvp if hardly completely equal either
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    decides to face you.
    the perils of a pvp realm then

- - - Updated - - -

You just decide to make someone else miserable.
    every form of pvp will make someone miserable.

For there to be a winner, someone has to be a loser.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    A topic that doesn't immediately incite flaming. Not bad.
    Ganking is a pvp problem that's solved with a pvp solution.

If you gank, you are a coward and an unintelligent person.

This is a fact.
    And you think I'm saying its a fact just to drive the point home. No, it is an actual FACT.

However there's a difference between just killing a person and killing a person who is uninterested more than once.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-05-03 at 10:25 PM.

I don't give a shit, but ganking low lvls can be just so fun. The best Thing is when they make an Alliance character just to whisper you.

Deleted
    i used to gank ppl with looms to lure out their alts, back in the day in stranglethorn vale. when there was nobody in stv to be found we went north.
    i don't do that anymore, but me and my buddies were childish dicks and it was kind of funny. everyone i knew back then who did pvp did this in boring times when bg wouldn't pop and arena-mates were offline.

I tried ganking low-levels without gear for fun once, but i felt so bad i apologized and didn't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    It wouldn't be so bad if people couldn't fly, but now that it takes even less skill (if that was ever thought to be possible), it's even more ridiculous. I wish they'd bring back a dishonorable kill system that would punish people who killed low level characters and NPCs. Why waste your time doing shit like that, anyway? Is the person you killed one of the people who killed you while you were leveling? Almost certainly not, so why do you think you're exacting revenge when you do it?

Those who can't compete with people of their own level are the ones who gank low level characters. I think it's safe to say that's the case 99.9% of the time.

I think it's crappy behavior when there's a huge level difference, but such is life on pvp servers. I will say though that getting ganked in STV led to a 2 hour war between low and high levels, which was rather fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    To me, it just means that you're a generally shitty person if you do it and probably have some sort of personal issue if you enjoy doing it. I can understand getting the jump on someone around your level and vice versa, but this is about getting the jump on people that have no way to fight back at all that you literally gain nothing from killing other than the "enjoyment" of griefing someone else... Then there are people that take it too far, and there's plenty of them, that sit there and hunt down and camp lowbies as if it's something "fun" to do. By that point, you're literally getting pleasure by torturing someone else online, and that's just fucked up to do, in all seriousness. :|
    Bit extreme there I think. If you're on a PvP server you're signing up for that sort of treatment. There's nothing wrong with being a sadist if you've found a compatible masochist.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I haven't mentioned camping. I've only mentioned ganking - killing a lower level player. The two comments you quoted of Jaylock's, also only referred to ganking.

His hasn't said his reason for ganking is to upset others. He has said he does it to initiate a little World PvP and because he doesn't see a person or a level, just pixels and an enemy.

Intention is important here and nothing what Jaylock has said, in anyway, indicates he's a shitty person, has some personal issues and whatever other insulting thing you said.
    I mentioned camping. Jaylock also replied to my post about camping. We were talking about camping and griefing players which he's okay with, which you say that you're agreeing to.

I can understand getting the jump on someone around your level and vice versa, but this is about getting the jump on people that have no way to fight back at all that you literally gain nothing from killing other than the "enjoyment" of griefing someone else... Then there are people that take it too far, and there's plenty of them, that sit there and hunt down and camp lowbies as if it's something "fun" to do.

they are being a douche to them for literally no reason other than the pleasure of griefing them. If you don't see people as people and take pleasure in tormenting them, then you're seriously messed up. Camping and griefing people that cannot fight back is not only pathetic, but it's being a jerk in addition to a number of other stigmas.

There is no benefit other than sick and twisted pleasure to griefing people on purpose.
    We are, and have been talking about intentionally camping and griefing other players. Literally so.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is obviously only one valid view:

If I do it it's okay, if it's done to me the other one can go and die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    There is a limit to who you can PVP against. It's called server choice: You can PVP against anybody who rolls on a PVP server. Camping and ganking and all the other WPVP shenanigans are part of the PVP server experience.

Also lol @ Mr. Pursuit of Happiness up there. Am I negatively impacting your ability to pursue happiness by killing your toon on a PVP server? It's part of the experience. Griefing used to be a community building thing. On my vanilla server there were guilds entirely dedicated around the concept of being a defense pact against campers when out in the world. I've made great friends from going out to protect a guildie who was being camped by higher leveled/several enemy players. "I had fun with the concept of being in danger at any time" sure but PVP server ruleset means you can't demand a fair fight. If you want a fair fight, go do matchmade PVP. That's based around the concept of fair fights. WPVP isn't, WPVP is unfair at its core.

Yeah, sure, WPVP is not for everyone. That's why it's optional. You can just as easily play on a PVE server (and there are plenty of PVE servers with decent/good raiding and PVP communities so you don't need to starve yourself out of all the competent team mates on that)
    This. I don't play on a PvP server and very rarely participate in any PvP activities, but I appreciate how world-PvP - including ganking and camping - is a great source of emergent game-play and should encourage cooperation and build community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    This. I don't play on a PvP server and very rarely participate in any PvP activities, but I appreciate how world-PvP - including ganking and camping - is a great source of emergent game-play and should encourage cooperation and build community.
    Except it doesn't work anything like that. Gankers take off the moment they know they might die.

People act like 90% of the PvP that goes on on PvP servers isn't the shittiest kind. PvP servers having no anti gank rules just makes them broken and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I realize the OP might've been trolling for an outrage discussion, but I'll give my honest view of things.

Ganking is a degenerate action. People use all sorts of "because pvp" reasons to justify it, but to anyone who values fair play there is no justification.
    Open world PvP isn't about fair play; it's about killing the other guy. If you expect to enter a fight with some sort of gentlemanly agreement to play fair then you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I absolutely hate it but it's one of those vanilla things still in the game, I suppose I want to keep some unpleasantness alive. That said, dishonourable kills must come back. Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Bit extreme there I think. If you're on a PvP server you're signing up for that sort of treatment. There's nothing wrong with being a sadist if you've found a compatible masochist.
    No, you're signing up for PvP. You expect that kind of gameplay to be the minority, not the vast majority. That's why it's broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, there was a reason i moved to an PVE realm, got fed up with "world pvp"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

In my early years, I use to gank and cannibalize everything in sight. If you RED, well you were DEAD. Now I rarely gank anyone thats not Level Capped. I run past people all the time and I see them flench but I never attack unless they emote or attack me first. I guess when you Cheerbleeder, the original amani bear rider, now riding the Felfire Hawk, you no longer need to pay attention to peons.

Murder She Wrote
    /flex