Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Both. /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butter. Margarine is garbage, and unhealthy.

I try to avoid vegetable oils other than palm or coconut oil.

Butter. Definitely butter.

I get 4 packs from CostCo.

It's also super easy to make at home!
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    :O When did butter become healthy?

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on the butter and the margarine, there's plenty of awful types of both.
    Some things are better with butter, and others with margarine, IMO.

I prefer various plant based oils myself, but for certain recipes you simply have to use butter or margarine, or they won't taste right.

Butter. Unsalted. Always.

I'll ask my roommate about margarine. She always has some around, says it's better for baking, which isn't my thing.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Butter. Margarine isn't as good, plus my grandma thinks something is wrong with margarine and for years thought it was worse and even less healthy than butter. In Grandma I trust.
    X

Butter. Especially for baking... followed by oil.

Margarine tastes... weird.

The taste of real butter is divine. Margarine is not on the same level but can be convenient from time to time. Though I can't think of any time I used margarine where butter would not have been better.

Deleted
    Margarine is yellow cancer, wtf is wrong with some of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The taste of real butter is divine. Margarine is not on the same level but can be convenient from time to time. Though I can't think of any time I used margarine where butter would not have been better.
    I mean, butter does take more work than margarine. But at the same time usually like 5-10 seconds in a microwave will soften a single serving of butter no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

I'll ask my roommate about margarine. She always has some around, says it's better for baking, which isn't my thing.
    Margarine is crap for baking. Sure, if you take butter right out of the fridge, it's difficult to incorporate, but everyone has a damn microwave to melt it in these days. lol

I would have to go look but I am pretty sure margarine was not invented as food, it was maybe some building material gone wrong and its pretty much plastic with a different molecular structure.... noone should eat that stuff!

Yup, right here. No point in messing with something that's perfect on its' own.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    I would have to go look but I am pretty sure margarine was not invented as food, it was maybe some building material gone wrong and its pretty much plastic with a different molecular structure.... noone should eat that stuff!
    Nah, that's all not entirely true. There was some bunk study that "linked" saturated fats to heart disease. At the time beef tallow was the god tier cooking fat, and it was very high in saturated fats. So people thought that they needed to replace cooking fats with something else. So a lot of expeirmentation was started on making vegetable oils that could behave similarly to saturated fats. This is how margarine came about. Hydrogenated vegetable oils, the very first artificial trans fats.

Now adays they can actually make non hydrogenated vegetable oils that behave similarly to saturated fats though so margarines aren't as horrible for you as the original ones were.

Even though the media refuses to pick it up though the link between saturated fats and heart disease has been thoroughly debunked now though. Saturated fats are actually good for you, because they are a chemically neutral calorie source.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Margarine is crap for baking. Sure, if you take butter right out of the fridge, it's difficult to incorporate, but everyone has a damn microwave to melt it in these days. lol
    I get butter in 50 pound blocks. We "temper" it by leaving it out overnight. All good, soft butter for all. Exceptions: I need frozen butter chunks for my scrambled eggs recipe and omelette recipe, and my pastry chef uses them also for biscuits and pie crust and such.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's on the bread, margarine.

Otherwise.... butter

I get butter in 50 pound blocks. We "temper" it by leaving it out overnight. All good, soft butter for all. Exceptions: I need frozen butter chunks for my scrambled eggs recipe and omelette recipe, and my pastry chef uses them also for biscuits and pie crust and such.
    Butter can be difficult to work with in yeast-leavened recipes. Since yeast is really finicky about temperature and butter is easiest to work with when it's hot enough to murder yeast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Margarine is awful.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama