Thread: WC4 and WoW 2?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Money dictates at some point in the future there will be a WoW 2. How they implement it and at what type of merger from the original will have to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    Money dictates at some point in the future there will be a WoW 2. How they implement it and at what type of merger from the original will have to be seen.
    The big assumption there is that they will want to continue on with MMOs. It is a dying form of gaming, due to the time and money needed to properly make them money might just dictate that Blizzard stays away from them.

- - - Updated - - -

If they ever did WoW 2 I'd like it to be set way into the future in a much different version of the world with little hints or clues about WoW and it's timeline but completely seperate. They could add in hybrid races completely shake up classes, specs and go in so many different directions. I don't see it happening, but if it did a completely different story. It could even be set on another planet with Azeroth being this broken place we go to visit like Outlands.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The big assumption there is that they will want to continue on with MMOs. It is a dying form of gaming, due to the time and money needed to properly make them money might just dictate that Blizzard stays away from them.
    There is a huge market still for mmo's if done right. Millions upon millions of players are playing one type of mmo or another, for the " it is a dieing bread" argument.. not even close to being true.

[Illidan & Chronicle Vol. 1 Book Spoilers]
    No, we're only on the very precipice of the true conflict. So far Legion is shaping up to be us maintaining our grip on our home world after the initial invasion. We still have yet to travel to Argus where we know for a fact, thanks to Illidan, Kil'Jaeden awaits us. Unless he leaves Argus for another area also see deeply connected to the Twisting Nether, we won't be able to kill him. Interestingly enough, the only person that knows the way to Argus is Illidan. We're still going to have to deal with Archimonde again somewhere we can actually kill him for good as well. We still have no idea what is going on with Sargeras and where he's even at. On top of that we still have the prophecy set forth by the Naaru who blessed Illidan when he visited Argus in spirit form, who told him that the true conflict was with the Void Gods who created and sent forth millions of different versions of the Old Gods like Yogg, C'thun, Ysaarj, and N'zoth across the universe.

TL;DR we have a lot of work to do yet Lorewise, not to mention other characters like Bolvar who are beginning to develop their own storylines. As long as WoW is profitable that is.

Well if they do want to do a Warcraft IV and still continue WoW, there is still something that can be done but it would be a little bit difficult. You can imagine somekind of a shared story between the two games.

One will tell the story of the individual hero inside the current story (that would be WoW), the other one the much more large story of what is happenning with the armies (Warcraft IV). The same overall story, different points of views. At this point, they could maybe even include your own character in WoW in Warcraft IV.

I realized that would be a very difficult task to provide enough contents for both of the games, but it can also be an interesting challenge and a new way of telling a story. You can even imagine that your character in WoW will get throught the battles fought in Warcraft IV.

For a WoW 2, the trouble is that today, a new WoW will likely have the same fate than the other new MMOs that are released. The golden age of MMOs is over, and the habits of the customers have changed. Most of the players still play to WoW because they have grown attached to their character and they do want to continue to play with them. But most of us don't have the time or the will to invest as much time as we did back then, when we begun to play WoW. A new game, with the necessity to create new characters and start again, most of the players will not comply.

And also the economical model of MMO have so deeply change that I don't really think that it is rentable anymore. That's why we didn't have any new big MMO released in the last year or more. 3 years ago, you would have a new "WoW-Killer" released every 6 months or so. Let's face it: MMO are out of date now, in the age of F2P and micro-transaction. And no one wants to invest itself in games where you don't really know how much money you will have to spend to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    They are all dead except for Nzoth.
    And you know that for certain? No, of course not. Not even Blizzard knows at this point.

This would be answered in an azshara expansion, might even be patch content for legion.
    Remember the Abyssal Maw raid? Me neither...

Deleted
    I would love WoW 2. A new engine. New ideas. Tons of novelty. And even the feeling of the "first time" again.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Warcraft 4 or HD Remakes of previous Warcraft games is what I would want.

Deleted
    For me it has to be Warcraft 4 made in the same vein as Witcher 3.

I'd love to see a WOW 2, but MMO's in WOW's fashion are no longer as successful as they used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post
    wc4 and wow 2?
    no and no

would I like them to exists?
    I wouldnt be opposed

Do I think blizz will do it?
    No
    I wouldn't be so sure.

WoW doesn't have very long anymore, it's no surprise that Blizzard won't release subscription numbers anymore. WoW isn't dead yet, but it will be in a few years.

In order for the Warcraft franchise to survive, there must be something new and exciting that isn't WoW. Warcraft 4 would be that candidate in my opinion.

Then after that they could decide to make an MMO for Diablo or Starcraft instead. And perhaps there could someday be a WoW 2, but not anytime soon I think. It would be too similar to WoW.

Deleted
    What would a "wow 2" be? Just like an expansion but you don't get to keep your previous progress and you get a new engine?

I would absolutely LOVE a Warcraft 4, even if it wouldn't be an RTS (guess RTS as a genre isn't that popular nowadays) as long as it isn't an MMO. I like WoW, but in terms of storytelling, Blizzard is really restricted.

I mean, they can't just throw alliances out the window, like the forsaken betraying the horde, because what would the forsaken players do? Or say, civil war braking out amongs the humans and turning Stormwind into a warzone (I'm sure they could do it with some kind of phasing magic, but still...). Destroying capitals, certain factions declaring war on other factions, you can't do that in an MMO, because you constantly need to keep in mind that it's still a world where people have to practically live, manage their banks, speak with quest NPCs, use the AH. You can't just turn everything upside down, whereas in a single player game, you can make absolute chaos in order to move the story forward. There's also the problem of the player a.k.a. the "nameless hero", who, for some reason solves all the worlds problems: defeat Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, stopping the Iron Horde, you name it. That's fine in an MMO, but from a storytelling perspective, it come off as odd.

So yeah, I'd love a Warcraft 4, but for that, WoW needs to end or at least go into a state where no more expansions come out. That might be a long-long time from now though.

Regarding WoW 2... It doesn't make much sense without a Warcraft 4 in my opinion. If there's no huge power shift or some major catastrophy in the world (I mean on the level which can only be told in a single player game), it would just be a graphical update. A WoW 2 needs the factions (Alliance and Horde) disbanded, new factions formed, major characters dying and emerging, new heroes and villains, new classes on new foundations, even new story behind some powers of the world (like magic and stuff), new religions, zones recreated, maybe new continents. Only then would a WoW 2 make sense.
    Last edited by TheRealRambo; 2016-05-04 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    What would a "wow 2" be? Just like an expansion but you don't get to keep your previous progress and you get a new engine?
    It could be time skip with a lot of new lore, a new world, new engine that could introduce different mechanics that are currently not possible or would work clunky.

I would very much welcome a wow 2 and it shouldn't transfer our characters over. If the reason why you wouldn't play WoW2 is because you lose your character (which is still in WoW), how can you possible ever decide to play another game? WoW and WoW2 should be a continuation of the same universe and nothing of the player should be moved to it (except maybe some vanity things, like a mount as reward)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    It could be time skip with a lot of new lore, a new world, new engine that could introduce different mechanics that are currently not possible or would work clunky.

I would very much welcome a wow 2 and it shouldn't transfer our characters over. If the reason why you wouldn't play WoW2 is because you lose your character (which is still in WoW), how can you possible ever decide to play another game? WoW and WoW2 should be a continuation of the same universe and nothing of the player should be moved to it (except maybe some vanity things, like a mount as reward)
    If they were to make a new MMO with a new engine, new lore, new world, why not just call it something else than WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    WC 4 wouldn't be a bad thing, if they end WoW.

WoW 2, no. It would guarantee that I would never get back into the WoW IP. I enjoyed my time in game (and likely will enjoy legion from the look of it). But giving up on my current characters, achievements, currency and all the other good stuff I've gathered, that would be the end of it. No reason to keep me playing with a new "graphically superior" (subjective), version. I'd just jump into FFXIV completely.

If they ended WoW for another MMO, I'd hope for a new IP (either completely new, or Starcraft/Diablo MMO).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post

A continuation of the same game, but you don't get to keep anything you've done in the previous one? Why not go all out and do a completely new IP, rather than "WoW 2"? Would be really stupid to make "the same game" but force you to ditch all that you've done in the original.

How can we possibly play another game? Because it IS another game, not the same game 2.0.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    There are a few unanswered questions left, such as:

-Will Bolvar be corrupted by the spirits of Ner'zhul and Arthas?
    -Are the Zandalari Trolls going to make a comeback?
    -What is Wrathion up to?
    -What happened to Kul Tiras?
    -Can the Old Gods truly be killed? If not will C'thun and Yogg-Saron return anytime soon?

And of course, the biggest one: When will we assault Argus?
    - Nope. Arthas destroyed the spirit of Ner'zhul and Arthas spirit is essentially in an endless void
    - At this moment up in the air, but Vol'Jin likely faking death (hopefully) could have them brought back for legion.
    - Wrathion's full goal is same as ours. Destruction of the legion and the safety of Azeroth.
    - Good question.
    - Yes they can. Only Old God that the void slammed into Azeroth that isn't dead is N'Zoth.
    - Hopefully next expansion or latter half this expansion. With Illidan inspired portals that will blow up the planet when done. Just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    And you know that for certain? No, of course not. Not even Blizzard knows at this point.
    Yes we do know this for certain. We have Blue posts saying so, Yogg-Saron even saying he is dead and the fact a blizzcon Q&A someone asking why Azeroth didn't feel effects of their deaths (C'Thun and Yogg) with Metzen replying saying their deaths caused the Cataclysm.

Also the comic (which is lore) clearly states C'thun is dead. It can be resurrected but so can anyone else that has died.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2016-05-04 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with WC4, would have absolutely zero interest in a WoW 2. I don't think it is likely they'll ever make either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If they were to make a new MMO with a new engine, new lore, new world, why not just call it something else than WoW?
    because it would be new lore and a world in the warcraft universe?

Deleted
    #Void lords, all there is to say

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind giving up all my progress over the last 9+years on my wow account for a completely new 1-60(or whatever) experience ina a beautifully created world.

I am honestly getting a little tired of wows graphics even though they put a lot of effort into updating the engine and the textures.

Graphics do mean something to me. I think wows gameplay is supreme and thats why i still play it.