Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    But the vast majority of media in the United States is quite conservative.
    Conservative as compared to what? Within US media, conservative voices are the minority. The overwhelming majority of newspapers, news channels, and magazines, Hollywood, the (non Country) music industry and the progressives that rule our universities and produce tons of "research" are all on the left.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Conservative as compared to what? Within US media, conservative voices are the minority. The overwhelming majority of newspapers, news channels, and magazines, Hollywood, the (non Country) music industry and the progressives that rule our universities and produce tons of "research" are all on the left.
    Or center, depending on where you draw the line. But yes, certainly to the left of the right.

Then again, reality and reason is to the left of the right as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If your argument is that "almost all media is on the left", you may want to take a moment to realize that you've placed the "center" unreasonably far to the right to begin with.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If your argument is that "almost all media is on the left", you may want to take a moment to realize that you've placed the "center" unreasonably far to the right to begin with.
    Any form of media that promotes big government and progressive values is on the left. Any media that promotes small government and conservative ideas is on the right. There is really no media that is centrist but that is my opinion, just as your comment is yours.

The funny thing about liberals/progressives is that they push the argument that they are center and conservatives are way out in right field which is simply not the case.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez