Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Report: Romanian Hacker Claims He ‘Easily’ Hacked Into Clinton Private Email Server

Romanian Hacker Claims He ‘Easily’ Hacked Into Clinton Private Email Server

The Romanian hacker, who goes by the moniker “Guccifer” confirmed in an exclusive Fox News report that he hacked into Clinton’s private email server, not once, but on multiple occasions in early 2013.

“For me, it was easy … easy for me, for everybody,” Marcel Lehel Lazar (that’s his real name) told Fox News. The network interviewed him from jail and had several phone calls with him as well. Fox News reiterated that they could not independently confirm his claims.

As we reported earlier, the Romanian hacker, “Guccifer,” who first exposed Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, was extradited to the United States in March. Lazar was believed to have posted emails that were sent to then-Secretary of State Clinton on the internet, including correspondence from close Clinton advisor Sidney Blumenthal. Lazar was brought to the United States, just as reports indicate that the FBI investigation into Clinton’s email server is in in full swing. Lazar is charged with wire fraud, cyberstalking, identify theft, unauthorized access to computers and obstruction of justice.

In fascinating detail, Lazar described to Fox News how he accessed the Clinton email server after first guessing Sidney Blumenthal’s password. Fox News reports:

“For example, when Sidney Blumenthal got an email, I checked the email pattern from Hillary Clinton, from Colin Powell from anyone else to find out the originating IP. … When they send a letter, the email header is the originating IP usually,” Lazar explained.

He said, “then I scanned with an IP scanner.”

Lazar emphasized that he used readily available web programs to see if the server was “alive” and which ports were open. Lazar identified programs like netscan, Netmap, Wireshark and Angry IP, though it was not possible to confirm independently which, if any, he used.

In the process of mining data from the Blumenthal account, Lazar said he came across evidence that others were on the Clinton server.

Security experts interviewed by Fox News indicate that this is a plausible scenario. This latest revelation is significant because it raises question as to whether national security was compromised by maintaining this unsecured email server.
    http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/repo...-email-server/
    So now we have moved from the possibility of Clintons choice of using a home blew server for all her government business that has been proven contained classified information to in fact it was compromised
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-05-04 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    So now we have moved from the possibility of Clintons choice of using a home blew server for all her government business that has been proven contained classified information to in fact it was compromised
    I would love to see those laws sentencing for treason people using homeblew servers.

Oh and, for the same source....

http://lawnewz.com/important/taxpaye...aste-of-money/
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-05-04 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    He's mentioned this before and it's gotten coverage, he's the primary reason we even found out about the server in the first place. His comment of "I used to read her emails and then go do the gardening" is brutal on so many levels.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Because we need more "authentic" and "True" Fox News reports on the matter. Just let it go already...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I would love to see those laws sentencing for treason people using homeblew servers.
    You know what a typo is?

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    He's mentioned this before and it's gotten coverage, he's the primary reason we even found out about the server in the first place. His comment of "I used to read her emails and then go do the gardening" is brutal on so many levels.
    And obviously true....

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, we have someone in Canada, Maxime Bernier, who forgot a suitcase full of NATO planning documents in the house of his mistress/callgirl.

Hint : was Maxime Bernier charged with high treason ?

Doesn't matter to me if she was using her own server or not as its the norm for her position. I would be more concerned with the government allowing this to happen and not enforcing its rules concerning the secretary of state's emails.

Oh and, for the same source....

http://lawnewz.com/important/taxpaye...aste-of-money/

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

putting classified information on a unapproved server to store classified information which then is compromised is gross negligence
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-05-04 at 11:08 PM.

And what is according to you gross negligence, as opposed as mere negligence ?

"Fox News says in their very article that they can't confirm what he's saying, but it's definitely a fact anyway!"
    -Vyxn 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fox News reiterated that they could not independently confirm his claims"

Lmao, where will you be when desperation strikes!?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Fox News says in their very article that they can't confirm what he's saying, but it's definitely a fact anyway!"
    -Vyxn 2016
    It will be fine. He will be posting on how his understanding of the law confirms it as well over and over and over again..
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

And what is according to you gross negligence, as opposed as mere negligence ?
    Gross Negligence

An indifference to, and a blatant violation of, a legal duty with respect to the rights of others.

Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence, which is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care. Ordinary negligence and gross negligence differ in degree of inattention, while both differ from willful and wanton conduct, which is conduct that is reasonably considered to cause injury. This distinction is important, since contributory negligence—a lack of care by the plaintiff that combines with the defendant's conduct to cause the plaintiff's injury and completely bar his or her action—is not a defense to willful and wanton conduct but is a defense to gross negligence. In addition, a finding of willful and wanton misconduct usually supports a recovery of Punitive Damages, whereas gross negligence does not.
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...oss+negligence

she consciously and voluntary disregarded the need to use reasonable care to store classified information which is likely to cause foreseeable damage to national security

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is news, everyone is talking about it, if it is a political hit piece, Fox News is talking about it. Funny how the guy went to JUST Fox News, and not everybody. Most reputable sources make themselves available to every news outlet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    If it is news, everyone is talking about it, if it is a political hit piece, Fox News is talking about it. Funny how the guy went to JUST Fox News, and not everybody. Most reputable sources make themselves available to every news outlet.
    Honestly it sounds like he was just trying to gain some headlines for a crime he may or may not have committed. It's a common thing seen in some criminal mindsets to gain recognition for their crimes.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

And obviously true....

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, we have someone in Canada, Maxime Bernier, who forgot a suitcase full of NATO planning documents in the house of his mistress/callgirl.

Hint : was Maxime Bernier charged with high treason ?
    That's great, and ultimately irrelevant as US law is pretty exact on how classified information is both stored and submitted. Your Canadian examples are meaningless here.

And as Vyxn already posted the law we don't have much to discuss here except whether or not the FBI and the AG follow through on their mandated job requirements.

You can go back to attempting to poke holes in arguments with non relevant factoids though, I'm not expecting much else.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

not if the other networks are in the tank for Clinton which they have proven they are and rather not know and turn a blind eye when information like this is revered

I haven't kept up with this issue terribly well, so forgive me if I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line, but...

...is it possible the reason that her e-mail was so easily hacked is because it wasn't kept very secure because it didn't have classified information?

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That's great, and ultimately irrelevant as US law is pretty exact on how classified information is both stored and submitted. Your Canadian examples are meaningless here.

And as Vyxn already posted the law we don't have much to discuss here except whether or not the FBI and the AG follow through on their mandated job requirements.

You can go back to attempting to poke holes in arguments with non relevant factoids though, I'm not expecting much else.
    they will just ignore the law because they know if they apply the law there is enough evidence of a crime to indict

There has to be an equal interest in the story from the reporting news source. Are you really going to believe for 2 seconds that CNN who is known even internally as the Clinton News Network is going to give serious credence to a story like this? MSNBC?

This is why the alternative media which is much more cutthroat in grilling both sides is important. There's actually pretty serious journalism being done but because it's on a shoestring budget and usually relegated to online publication it's less likely to be read or taken seriously.