Thread: Politifact Bias

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Politifact Bias

Well I suspected it for years, after how they seem to unfairly judge conservatives over liberal politicians, but now I see why.
    They mascarade as fair, but in reality its run by a Tampa newspaper that endorsed Clinton.

What hurts is that i still see liberals (Bernie people) touting this website even though its using them for clicks and to push Hillary Clinton down their throats.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-09 at 11:15 PM.

The childish scribbling is nice. How about you point out some specific examples of their bias in their "rulings?"

Yeah, this is true and an example of the Astroturfing that Nancy Pelosi likes to accuse others of.

You'd do better to look into who the partner news organizations of the Tampa Bay Times is for a real treat.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Welcome to the internet.

"Free" information is just advertisement, in this case it's political advertisement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread summary: Someone doesn't like my candidate therefor their opinion is invalid, but not just invalid there is also a conspiracy theory behind it that is hard to proof, but it's a conspiracy theory therefor it would always be automatically hard to proof, cause duh! secrets!

15+ Year Old Account
    They cite their information very well. If you have an issue with an individual fact check, other than your own bias opinion, point it out.

We realize Republicans hate politifact because most of their propaganda relies on lies and half truths, and as soon as it's fact checked against real world happenings, is found to be wrong.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Tampa Bay Times? Wouldn't that make it have a conservative bias then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So your proof, that they are biased is, that they are openly telling you, that they are a project of a newspaper that has editorials?
    I could make a screenshot of your post and scribble out random parts of your post with "not how this works". Would that convince you, that you have to actually show us something you think is bias, for this thread to go anywhere productive?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Tampa bay times reccomends hilary
    The writer was speaking on behalf of the website, so we could assume that the website that owns politifact that has a bias may influence its child company.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Yeah, this is true and an example of the Astroturfing that Nancy Pelosi likes to accuse others of.

You'd do better to look into who the partner news organizations of the Tampa Bay Times is for a real treat.
    Can you show this astroturfing? And who are the partners we need to be afeared of?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Tampa bay times reccomends hilary
    The writer was speaking on behalf of the website, so we could assume that the website that owns politifact that has a bias may influence its child company.
    Proof of bias has nothing to do with ownership. It can be suspected, but if it were indeed biased, it should be easy to prove so without resorting to "but so-and-so owns them".

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really speak for the Tampa Bay Times, but you're citing an Op/Ed piece for your evidence of bias. Op/Ed are supposed to be espousing an opinion.

Beyond that, can you point to example of widespread bias in Politifact?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

So do you have actual proof of their bias in their fact checks? Because I have heard many people try to claim their fact checks are wrong/biased but when asked for information or sources to counter the information or sources Politifact uses in their fact checks, it doesn't show.

So please, provide examples with sources to back up those claims, and if those sources are things like theblaze, Brietbart and GlennBeck then I hope the irony is not lost on you.

As a wise man once said, "the truth has a well-known left-wing bias"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    Well I suspected it for years, after how they seem to unfairly judge conservatives over liberal politicians, but now I see why.
    They mascarade as fair, but in reality its run by a Tampa newspaper that endorsed Clinton.

What hurts is that i still see liberals (Bernie people) touting this website even though its using them for clicks and to push Hillary Clinton down their throats.
    they can endorse someone, and still be fair.

Have you considered they endorse someone because they found they talk less bullshit?

can you provide any evidence of bias, or are you just ranting?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of times politifact has been used by people in this very forum to try and force feed people with misinformation as fact. It's either that or opensecrets.org is a full of shit website.

For starters, that was a primary endorsement. They made one for the GOP as well (Bush), so frankly I am not certain what anti-conservative bias you are complaining of.

More importantly, there is no such thing as a completely unbiased source. Everybody walks into any subject they know the least bit about with a bias, and those who know nothing are unqualified and impractical to judge the matter to begin with.

That does not mean they are wrong. It does not mean they are not capable of setting it aside. It does not mean it permeates their decision making and it does not invalidate their conclusions, particularly when their conclusions are well-sourced and explained -- which is done, lest anybody miss the point, so that you can evaluate for yourself.

As others have said, unless you can point to a specific instance where this "bias" has led them to a false conclusion, you have brought literally nothing of value to any discussion including the one you hoped to start.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Well you can hardly expect a conservative news site to devote itself to facts. I think it's against their religion or something.

P.S. This thread is about your bias against Politifact? Or maybe Tampa Bay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Odds we see provaporous back in this thread 100-1.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers