Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up 12 Legion Dungeons

I'm counting 12 dungeons in the DJ up on Wowhead, a 50% increase from WoD. That's good news, right? Excited to see Maw of Souls after watching the dungeon race videos.

http://legion.wowhead.com/legion-dun...j-maw-of-souls

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    2 of those 12 are raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    2 of those 12 are raids.
    Ah ok, so only 10 which is a 25% increase. Well at least that's something. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Ah ok, so only 10 which is a 25% increase. Well at least that's something. :P
    I will tell you from my experience running the dungeons though, theyre higher quality IMO.

Several of them have 4-5 bosses and the size of the instances is massive. Each one also has a pretty unique environment instead of it being all dark and red with metal. Heck some of the instances have multiple environments within the same instance.

I will tell you from my experience running the dungeons though, theyre higher quality IMO.

Several of them have 4-5 bosses and the size of the instances is massive. Each one also has a pretty unique environment instead of it being all dark and red with metal. Heck some of the instances have multiple environments within the same instance.
    Very cool. I love when the creators get creative!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly a positive about it. Now let's hope they're a decent challenge.

In before blizzard pulls a WoD and cut content because they didn't want to do the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In before blizzard pulls a WoD and cut content because they didn't want to do the work.
    Yeah, im sure they'll cut the dungeons that are already created and have fully fleshed out encounters that are being tested. *facepalm*

The Arcway certainly felt like a Vanilla dungeon in terms of size/layout/environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archway is pretty dreadful to be honest. I liked Halls of Valor the most. Court of Stars is interesting concept but I think it will end up being pretty hated once the first impressions disperse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not played every instance yet, only a few of them but so for I do still like all of them but some are still boring, Archway... But yeah most of the instances are massive in size, got 4-5 bosses, some got even more if I remember correctly. They got uniqe tacs, atleast most of the bosses. But yeah, it is an improvement from WoDs 3 boss dungeons with an gray/metal overlay.

how many dungeons did wrath have at launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Yeah, im sure they'll cut the dungeons that are already created and have fully fleshed out encounters that are being tested. *facepalm*
    no need for that, they can just cut content after the first raid patch and chill for 6-12 months until the following raid tier

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    But yeah, it is an improvement from WoDs 3 boss dungeons with an gray/metal overlay.
    Of the top of my mind only Grimrail had 3 bosses. Maw of Souls also has 3 bosses. Not trying to defend WoD's dungeons (although I think they were decent, if unspectacular), but if you're gonna bash them, bash them with proper arguments (like the overlay as you mention).

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    12, with another 4 being patch content.

For reference, TBC had 15 at launch with another 1 being added later. Cata had 9 (2 of them being Deadmines and SFK) and another 5 added later. MoP had 9 (3 of them being Scholo, Scarlet halls and Scarlet monastery) and WoD has 8 (1 of them being UBRS).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-05-05 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    edited

close to 12 he is right, then they added around 3-4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The Arcway certainly felt like a Vanilla dungeon in terms of size/layout/environment.
    Well that sucks. I was hoping that all the dungeons were going to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well that sucks. I was hoping that all the dungeons were going to be good.
    bait/10, got me to reply, here's your notification.

Deleted

Honestly the average is about the same but the legion dungeons are really inconsistent in quality, maw of souls and the arcway are really good and then the violet hold and halls of valor or average at best and id rather have an average lower quality but them being consistent than really inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's certainly a positive about it. Now let's hope they're a decent challenge.
    The real "Challenge" for the "hardcore" will be the level 6 (I think?) keystones ;P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

ฺBlizzard should be more efficient with their resource. They used to be able to create 2+ dungeons out of 1 environments. Colifang environment spawned 3 dungeons and 1 raid.