Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

ultra fast pulling tanks in dungeons

I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.

For those who will say "communicate" and ask them to pull slightly slower, communication rarely happens according to my experience. If I step back to type "slow down" he is literally dead. I am afraid of being victimized by douchebags and get kicked from the dungeon.

I remember the times when I was tanking, I was looking to simple things like not LOS my healer, and give him some time to breath!

What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2016-04-10 at 03:17 PM. Reason: bolded significant information

If I ever even get a free GCD in a leveling dungeon I have an aneurysm.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion:

Everytime the tanks go ultra-fast
    Everytime the DPS don't step out of the fire to maximize their damagez

-It's the healer who must compensate, to heal the ongoing wreckage. Some healers will do it such fine, others CAN heal that stuff fine but would like a smooth run, and then there's the dangerous situation where a healer simply isn't prepared for such speed, but they go like that anyway.

IMO the tanks that go full Hulk on the dungeons should first look at the rest of their group and measure their pace, first with a normal pull, then acceleraing a bit and always paying attention to see if the Healer is struggling or not.

As a tank, healers yell at me when I don't pull fast enough and I'm just giving you what you guys apparently want.

I can't please everyone no matter what pace I play at. If you need me to slow down just say so. It's okay.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Most tanks don't actually need you to save them in levelling dungeons. They have cooldowns and self-preservation mechanics that kick in when they drop low enough (such as blood DK's), and can easily sustain themselves. The fact that they seem to have time to both pull stuff, dps it, and pick up quest items suggest you're just far too slow. It's a levelling dungeon. We are not there to enjoy the scenery. We are there to level.

Yeah of course, it's completely ridiculous and has nothing to do with any kind of proper gaming experience.

I hate those guys of course, I think they're stinking assholes and the scum of the earth. And for the record, it's OK to hate them, because they hate themselves and the game. They don't wanna play, they want to be through with it. Big difference.

But then again - crap swims to the surface. Can't blame them when the game is so dysfunctional that it allows that kind of "gameplay" in the first place. Therein lies the root of the problem.

I don't particularly enjoy slow tanks;
    I enjoy steady paced tanks;
    I absolutely hate "ultra fast pulling" tanks.

It just turns the run way more stressful, for me, than it needs to be.
    (Do note, when I'm playing the healer, of course.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    I'm probably one of the tanks you're talking about, although I don't really level all that often, whenever I tank a dungeon we're in combat non-stop. There is always one or more groups hitting me so the DPS have no excuse to pull ahead of me, because I always make sure that there is something for them to hit.

In my case it's a result of people telling me to pull faster as well as pulling for me, I find it extremely annoying, and as a result I've developed the habit of just pulling everything faster. I of course make sure not to pull more than I can handle, and if the healer were to ask me to slow down (hasn't happened yet) I of course would. (Then again this late in the expansion I can pretty much solo mythic dungeons, they deal like no damage to me at all, it's the DPS that take damage, not me.)

Its happening because they out gear the dungeon to an infinite degree and can all but solo it.
    You should be happy you have such little to do.

But the fact you complain about it just shows us you don't take the game serious enough to be thankful for that type of player.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    i can only offer my solution
    let, them, die

i will loot quest items, get my stuff done, and make sure I survive. after that i wll make sure tank and dps survive, if one or more of them is an idiot and pull beyond his ability to handle, it's his problem (and yes, 11 years of tanking and healing in this game has made my virtual skin as thick as the great wall of china)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    i can only offer my solution
    let, them, die
    Tanks can solo dungeons whilst leveling up, we won't die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its happening because they out gear the dungeon to an infinite degree and can all but solo it.

But the fact you complain about it just shows us you don't take the game serious enough to be thankful for that type of player.
    Not sure why people should be thankful for not being able to do something, it's boring and just makes you feel like you are just running around and you end up healing for the sake of it. not saying this is the fault of tanks or anyone else. but hardly something to be "happy" about.

Also, i would consider players that enjoy runs without doing anything, the players that don't take the game serious enough, cause it seems you don't actually want to play the game then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Healers always get less useful as people outgear content. Heck at least in dungeons they will still take the 1 healer just in case; in any raid you'd see your raid spot disappear this late in the expansion. Honestly, just do some dps when you are not healing.
    Shouldn't be the case for leveling dungeons though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

don't make assumptions please. They die fine if i miss a global cooldown. I am not talking about level 15 dungeons. try soloing dungeons in tbc or wotlk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Just going fast and surviving doesn't make you a good tank; you need to minimize everyone's damage taken (whether they are suicidal or not)
    That goes without saying really, our role is to protect the group after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    Tanks can solo dungeons whilst leveling up, we won't die.
    They die fine, I end up using lay on hands, way more than I should in leveling dungeons.

While leveling, I'm onbe of the Ultra fast tanks. Simply because I don't like mages that try to show the group that it's too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    If I ever even get a free GCD in a leveling dungeon I have an aneurysm.
    This. Game unplayable if not in combat from start to finish.

Why do you need to loot items other than quest items. You said you are a 11 year old veteran, if you are then you surely remember how hard dungeons were 11 years ago. Now you can clear them without full group, even on low levels ( tank + healer ) or some plate dps like warrior + healer. They are no challenge at all....

I am one of the tanks that pull fast.. only doing one HC each day for the valor and want to be done in 5min or less got other stuff to do.

Take Grimrail HC. Pull anything + first boss np. I dont die... are top dps anyway.. as I out gear it by way to much. same with 2ed boss just pull all + boss. np the once that die are dps that stand in shit they can't handle but I can..

once again I dont like dps that pull and call me a bad tank due to slow runs etc. so over time and as I over gear more and more the speed just goes up.