7+ Year Old Account

Racials in Legion

I've done googling and have used the board's search function.
    I'm not finding much if anything about them in the current Alpha or hints of what is coming, besides the Human one. (every man for himself)

Could anyone shed some light on them for me? (unchanged? Too soon to tell? Blizz isn't saying?)

This is a somewhat pressing concern for me, as I'm considering a server/faction change to play with some old friends soon.

Any intel / Light shed would be appreciated.

only real change is that Every Man for himself got nerfed and is basically Will of the Forsaken.

Everything else is the same

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    only real change is that Every Man for himself got nerfed and is basically Will of the Forsaken.

Everything else is the same
    That's a bit misleading. Some consider it a buff. It's being changed to a WOTF for stuns**. Which is fairly significant considering it is the more important CC to remove many times, in a lot of ways Humans will now have two CC breaks, as opposed to two DPS trinkets (as it were in MOP, and less as impactful in WOD). So it's still pretty good, especially depending on your class and how often you will be focused.

The other tid-bit, though, is that the Other human racial has changed from versatility to a 1% boost to str/agi/int.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    That's a bit misleading. Some consider it a buff. It's being changed to a WOTF for stuns**. Which is fairly significant considering it is the more important CC to remove many times, in a lot of ways Humans will now have two CC breaks, as opposed to two DPS trinkets (as it were in MOP, and less as impactful in WOD). So it's still pretty good, especially depending on your class and how often you will be focused.

The other tid-bit, though, is that the Other human racial has changed from versatility to a 1% boost to str/agi/int.
    I don't get that at all? I don't understand why they did that and now isn't it basically identical to the draenei racial...or if it's a flat 1%...even worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't get that at all? I don't understand why they did that and now isn't it basically identical to the draenei racial...or if it's a flat 1%...even worse?
    Draenei racial is a flat amount based on level; human is a scaling amount based on your actual stats. So depending on how much stats you have human could be better or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Draenei racial is a flat amount based on level; human is a scaling amount based on your actual stats. So depending on how much stats you have human could be better or worse.
    Well yeah...but they're still very similar...was that little extra bit of versatility humans got so OP? They could have scaled it down or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well yeah...but they're still very similar...was that little extra bit of versatility humans got so OP? They could have scaled it down or something...
    It's a lesser damage increase than other races' passive stat buffs in WoD, so being too powerful is probably not why they changed it.

Several races have identical stat racials now, though (worgen and blood elf both have 1% crit, tauren and dwarf both have 2% critical damage, goblin and gnome both have 1% haste), so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that they're continuing to be homogenized more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It's a lesser damage increase than other races' passive stat buffs in WoD, so being too powerful is probably not why they changed it.

Several races have identical stat racials now, though (worgen and blood elf both have 1% crit, tauren and dwarf both have 2% critical damage, goblin and gnome both have 1% haste), so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that they're continuing to be homogenized more.
    Then shouldn't Humans have gotten a damage proc with a healing mechanic like Undead...maybe doing holy damage? Doesn't seem fair Horde has some flavorful racials and all Alliance has is basically stat boosters (Two of which are nearly identical to each other).

Deleted
    Ive heard arcane torrent is on gcd, anyone can confirm that?
    (Yay i dont have to play belf anymore?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Ive heard arcane torrent is on gcd, anyone can confirm that?
    (Yay i dont have to play belf anymore?)
    Arcane Torrent hasn't changed.