Deleted

Mythic Gorefiend - Not a progression question :)

Hi all, Just wondering how you deal with souls when its completely farm, like we have still been stacking souls in front of the boss, but obviously trying to push for ranks on it you just break them out instantly now? Allow cleave and all to be used - as we are 2 healing it atm, saving the resses for the Healers only with them going inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Hi all, Just wondering how you deal with souls when its completely farm, like we have still been stacking souls in front of the boss, but obviously trying to push for ranks on it you just break them out instantly now? Allow cleave and all to be used - as we are 2 healing it atm, saving the resses for the Healers only with them going inside.
    It's going to be shitty with 2 heals and so many adds running around.

Pick one, then slowly edge up to both.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

we put souls in the center of the room so mages can use PoF and hunters can chimaera shot. too much boss damage lost if you break people out instantly, since adds have less HP in stomach, and people gonna have to run around like chickens with so many constructs coming up full HP.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y=1&source=138

Check how little damage Gorefiend takes after the 15sec burst until feast starts. That's the #1 speed rank. Trying to focus dps on Gorefiend p1 isn't very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by shi View Post
    we put souls in the center of the room so mages can use PoF and hunters can chimaera shot. too much boss damage lost if you break people out instantly, since adds have less HP in stomach, and people gonna have to run around like chickens with so many constructs coming up full HP.
    The point here being that it's farm, so presumably they want to rank. More stuff to hit is not exactly a bad thing to have. What is the most efficient strategy for this specific boss though is probably a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post

Check how little damage Gorefiend takes after the 15sec burst until feast starts. That's the #1 speed rank. Trying to focus dps on Gorefiend p1 isn't very helpful.
    it's more helpful for speedkilling to do breaks normally than to get flooded with constructs with 1 million hp that then have to be kited.

digestion timers for the same log you linked https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=181295

They do 7 million damage to the shadow construct before they hit the feast. This is normal damage for that phase.

No matter what, they still do the mechanics, they just go insane during the feast with mages warlocks and rogues. If you want to optimize your raid, bring more burst classes or let one person do all the cleaving with execute classes to help him finish. Like any boss, the more mages, warlocks, rogues (emphasis on mages), the better you rank, because this tier is so broken for kill timers.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2112&by=target

You still have to do mechanics and so you never just break people out. You can 1 heal it, 2 heal it, or even 3 heal it and still get a good time. You can blow all your healing raid CDs in the normal phase to heal as you won't need them in the feast phase as it ends fast (and leech can generally keep up the raid for the duration of the ring + 100% damage taken) so it isn't exactly hard to heal if done right.

As mentioned, the point is to kill him with the ring or shortly after the ring. You have your initial burst and then basically the ring explosion (or shortly after) will kill the boss if you have enough mages. In our kill linked here, we had 11 mages and it wasn't supposed to be the kill attempt. You can still get a 2:30-2:40 kill time without significant class stacking if you take care of adds properly (and assuming you have the gear for it).

That pull specifically was one where we were going to try for 2 healers (as opposed to 1) with the second healer being me, a resto shaman. The reason for this is because of ankh. Of course, if you 2 heal it, you will obviously have one less DPS for when you truly want to burst him. But if he dies within the ring explosion (which he did not actually in that attempt but definitely could have with better optimization / better stacking), then there is no real difference since the 2nd healer will let you skip out on ~15 million damage required on the essences (and basically allows for a smooth transition right at 2 minutes). This may or may not be important depending on how many classes you have in the raid which are good at target switching and priority targets.

On the kill attempt, the goal was to have both healers get sent down by the first marks and have the monk be broken out immediately and me (resto shaman) heal up the 5 constructs. I would then die by simply letting the 40 second timer go off while down bottom. I would ankh up (only one attempt every 30 minutes, however) if the attempt looked good, which at the time it did not (thus I never ankhed). 5 seconds after, he would send the 2 healers down again with the monk dying and me going down a second time since ankhing (or rez'ing) lets you get rid of the debuff that normally kills you if you go down a 2nd time. I would then heal the 5 essences up again so that more DPS could be poured into the constructs so that a better transition would occur right when 2 minutes hit. However, I never ankhed up on that attempt as it looked bad from the get-go but it happened to be the kill anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post

not that you're wrong by any means, but also be mindufl of the fact that arcane mages without cooldowns are complete dog crap too, so of course the boss isn't gonna take damage again till cooldowns are back , i say this because in the kill you linked there are like over 9000 arcane mages