Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Didn't read much of the pictures since all I've been doing is looking at the pictures.

I stopped reading after the first 8 pages, but there's something that hasn't been mentioned. Everyone is talking about "her" bank account, but a lot of bank accounts aren't owned by the people. The banks own those accounts just like Blizzard owns your World of Warcraft account. In most cases you're just renting it.

So in those cases, if a bank has the proper ToS all penned out, and they accidently transfer money from one of their accounts to another of their accounts that you so happen to be renting--you don't get that money. It's the bank's money in the bank's account. You just have access to it, but you don't own it. And if you remove that money from the account then you're stealing it.

Kind of like how you "feel" that you "own" the gold on your WoW account, but you don't own it enough to sell it for real life money (not counting tokens). When you establish a bank account you're establishing that you can access your money from a safe place. You're not entitled to other monies that may be there, because you don't actually own the account or money that doesn't belong to you.

-----

Another issue I saw pop up a bit is that someone said this was a civil dispute, and if so, then jail does seem like abuse. However, again, going back to that ToS. If the ToS explains this type of situation, and you sign it (agreeing to the ToS) then you'll be held liable for breaking that ToS. If the ToS states that spending money that was accidentally transferred to you is theft (and you sign and agree) then it legally is theft, and you can be arrested and jailed for it.

Regardless, this doesn't take place in America, so I have no idea what their laws and regulations are. But even in countries that are not America, I bet they have Terms of Service agreements.

Yeah that's not how it works at all. The gold in your WoW account isn't yours it's Blizzard's. They can ban you whenever they want hell they can just take your gold if they felt like it. The money in your bank is yours. I have no clue what you're smoking. She wasn't given money anyways she was given credit.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-11 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    What is it with the fucking handbags?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    With that kind of money, America would be the last place I'd be looking for shelter.

4.6m dollars will *buy* you a small country, or an island at the very least and the political asylum & anonymity you need.
    Im from the uk so america is a nice big country to get lost in and if you waist all your money on an island then its a really dull life at that point as id rather have the money to enjoy my life instead of being alone

What an absolute idiot! Her future is ruined. I mean really, she managed to spend $3.3 Million dollars on Junk! Were did she even put it all? Now, even if she was smart enough to actually graduate, which is doubtful seeing her poor management skills with money and lack of common sense, her name is all over as someone who can't be trusted at the very least. She wont get hired on anywhere for anything that requires responsibility and management.

She deserves to be caught. Just because she managed to blow that much money on nothing but junk in less then a years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hatchet View Post
    Another issue I saw pop up a bit is that someone said this was a civil dispute, and if so, then jail does seem like abuse. However, again, going back to that ToS. If the ToS explains this type of situation, and you sign it (agreeing to the ToS) then you'll be held liable for breaking that ToS. If the ToS states that spending money that was accidentally transferred to you is theft (and you sign and agree) then it legally is theft, and you can be arrested and jailed for it.

Regardless, this doesn't take place in America, so I have no idea what their laws and regulations are. But even in countries that are not America, I bet they have Terms of Service agreements.
    This is entirely incorrect. Terms of Service agreements do not overrule federal law defining what theft is.

TOS agreements have nothing to do with criminal law. You can't be arrested for breaking a TOS or EULA. You have to break an actual law that was voted on, not penned in by a lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't Monopoly. Banking error in your favor does not grant you $4.6mil. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So do you think I should be arrested when I use my credit card? Such an asinine statement.
    You mean a contract you hold with the creditor in which they loan you a certain amount of available funds with the promise to pay it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You mean a contract you hold with the creditor in which they loan you a certain amount of available funds with the promise to pay it back?
    You do realize having massive credit card debt is not a jailable offense, right?

HOLY SHIT..

Please read.

There was ZERO sum of money transferred into her account, HER LINE OF CREDIT or OVERDRAFT was INCREASED by the amount.
    Most likely the reason someone didn't notice the mistake is because NO MONEY was actually miss appropriated.

SOMEONE ELSE Wasn't actually missing the money. She basically had a credit card with 4 million dollar credit line.

NO MONEY WAS PUT INTO HER ACCOUNT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    You do realize having massive credit card debt is not a jailable offense, right?
    Not anymore. It can however, ruin you financially. Either way this is not the same situation and comparing the two is just ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Not anymore. It can however, ruin you financially. Either way this is not the same situation and comparing the two is just ignorance.
    It's exactly the same situation.

And if you didn't like the comparison, why the hell did you make it?

Quote Originally Posted by saltytoes718 View Post
    HOLY SHIT..

Please read.

There was ZERO sum of money transferred into her account, HER LINE OF CREDIT or OVERDRAFT was INCREASED by the amount.
    Most likely the reason someone didn't notice the mistake is because NO MONEY was actually miss appropriated.

SOMEONE ELSE Wasn't actually missing the money. She basically had a credit card with 4 million dollar credit line.

NO MONEY WAS PUT INTO HER ACCOUNT.
    Prove it.

/waiting
    Still waiting for you to actually post some sort of evidence for this claim.
    Waiting one more time, not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-05-06 at 11:18 AM.

It's exactly the same situation.

And if you didn't like the comparison, why the hell did you make it?

Waiting one more time, not holding my breath.
    Direct text from the actual story. If you wish further "evidence" I can simply ask the opposite of you to "prove" it was cash instead.

"The court was told she had been in Australia for a year by the time the overdraft was wrongly put in place."

Direct text from the actual story. If you wish further "evidence" I can simply ask the opposite of you to "prove" it was cash instead.

"The court was told she had been in Australia for a year by the time the overdraft was wrongly put in place."
    OK, stay with me here.

When your bank account has more debt than currency, what is it called?

Overdraft.

That doesn't prove by any means that she was looking at a bank statement that said, "0" and decided to see if a million dollar handbag would be approved.

Additionally, I'll reiterate my earlier story. My friend was visiting Europe, and his bank "accidentally" deposited 500$ that he didn't notice. When he got back, he had already spent the money, and the bank demanded he pay it back or be charged with banking fraud due to their mistake. Now, his account is in overdraft. His account was overdraft as soon as he started spending that 500$, despite the fact that his account showed funds available.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-05-06 at 11:43 AM.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? Bank mistakenly gives unlimited credit to your typical 0-brainer social media freak teen with obsession of huge eyes. The bank must have some serious karma problems.

When I look at my bank account with overdraft protection, it clearly shows 2 balances. it shows the actual cash in my account, and the amount owed in the format (for example) 500/5,000 letting me know that I have used 500 dollars out of my 5,000 overdraft.

at the end of the day it's immaterial, If I do not have the money for an LV bag why would I even try to run my credit/debit card through?

When I look at my bank account with overdraft protection, it clearly shows 2 balances. it shows the actual cash in my account, and the amount owed in the format (for example) 500/5,000 letting me know that I have used 500 dollars out of my 5,000 overdraft.

at the end of the day it's immaterial, If I do not have the money for an LV bag why would I even try to run my credit/debit card through?
    I think a popular theory was that she was attempting to launder the money via luxury goods, so that when the error was discovered and negated, she still had millions of dollars worth of handbags she could sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

the shit is straight hilarious considering what the imbecile spent it on. Honestly like what's the end game here? you have to know the bank is going to require you to hand your ass over at some point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think a popular theory was that she was attempting to launder the money via luxury goods, so that when the error was discovered and negated, she still had millions of dollars worth of handbags she could sell.
    That has to be it and we are over here accusing her of being dumb..

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Why buy a lot of handbags instead of high end cars or the like which are much more easy to get rid of.