Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Panama Papers reveal George Soros' deep money ties corruption

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/05...ntel-firm.html

Not that its shocking, but it also appears that the Panama papers have revealed some of George Soro's shady dealings.

I wonder what mental gymnastics our left wing members of MMOC-OT will engage in to defend this revelation

Billionaire George Soros, who has spent millions of dollars financing Democrats and left-wing causes, used a controversial Panamanian law firm to establish a web of offshore investment partnerships that operate around the world and out of the scrutiny of U.S. regulators, according to leaked documents.

The so-called Panama Papers, a trove of 11.5 million financial documents tracing the Mossack Fonseca law firm’s efforts to help politicians, celebrities and criminals shield their money from taxes, contain links to Soros, who funds the journalism group that is disseminating the information. So far, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) has been silent on its benefactor’s ties to the law firm.

Three offshore investment vehicles controlled by Soros are catalogued in the Panama Papers. Soros Finance, Inc. was incorporated in Panama; Soros Holdings Limited was set up in the British Virgin Islands and a limited partnership called Soros Capital was created in Bermuda.

The laws of Panama, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and a score of “tax havens” allow foreign firms to hide ownership of cash, real estate and other assets from securities regulators and tax collectors in the countries where they are physically headquartered.

On May 9, client data stolen from the Mossack Fonseca law firm in Panama was published online by the ICIJ as part of its Offshore Leaks database. The searchable database contains a portion of the offshore financial records given to the journalists by anonymous whistle-blowers since 2013; it does not include leaked emails and other explanatory data that ICIJ reporters use to write about the offshore financial holdings of newsworthy individuals.

News stories about offshore bank accounts revealed by the Panama Papers brought down Iceland’s prime minister last month. Heads of state, Hollywood stars, heiresses, arms dealers and drug lords who established secret offshore companies and bank accounts are outed almost daily by the ICIJ. Incorporating a business offshore is not illegal, but President Obama has called for the tax loophole to be sealed shut, saying everyone should “pay their fair share.”

Record of Soros Holdings Ltd. in the Panama Papers | Graphiq

Soros, 86, is worth an estimated $25 billion. His Open Society Institute is one of ICIJ’s main funders, granting it $1.5 million last year. The Panama Papers data reveals only the tip of Soros' offshore iceberg, the Quantum Group of Funds. The ICIJ’s leader, journalist Gerard Ryle, said he had not noticed Soros’ companies in the Offshore Leaks database until FoxNews.com called the matter to his attention.

“I suspect we would have more information [on Soros] because the public database … does not contain the underlying data,” Ryle said in an email FoxNews.com.

FoxNews.com has requested access to that data.

Because it is based offshore, the Quantum Group of Funds is not normally subject to regulation by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. But in the mid-1990s, Soros Capital bought several SEC-regulated firms, an act which required it to disclose the basic design of the Quantum network of interlocking offshore companies and bank accounts that shield Soros’ billions.

Soros Capital set up an offshore company in the Cayman Islands for the purpose of investing private equity with the Carlyle Group, alongside members of Saudi Arabia’s Bin Laden family. Carlyle’s partners include ex-heads of state and former CIA officials. The private equity partnership specializes in buying and selling weapons manufacturing and intelligence gathering companies with government and military contracts and it also uses secret offshore companies to conduct business.

Offshore Leaks does not include SEC information, but it reveals Soros Capital as a major investor and corporate officer of AIF (Indonesia) Limited. AIF combines private investments with public funding contributed by Asian governments to develop massive infrastructure projects. The database links Soros Capital to Dongya Ports Limited, owned by a tangle of offshore entities.

Record of Soros Finance Inc. in the Panama Papers | Graphiq

Soros is certainly newsworthy. In 1992, the self-styled philosopher-economist nearly bankrupted the Bank of England by manipulating the price of the pound. Five years later, he exacerbated a regional economic crisis by betting against Thai and Malaysian currencies. Billions of dollars in profits from Soros’ currency-pummeling moves flowed through the Quantum Group of Funds.

Soros is the sole proprietor of Manhattan-based Soros Fund Management LLC, which controls his offshore empire. In July 2011, Soros closed the multibillion-dollar fund to all but members of his immediate family, allowing him to escape the Dodd-Frank Act mandate for hedge funds to disclose investors and conflicts of interest. A few months later, Soros lost the final appeal of his 2002 conviction by a French court for insider trading. But he remains a potent political force.

In 2014, Soros donated $381 million of Quantum Group of Funds shares to his Open Society philanthropy. The New York-based charitable foundation supports hundreds of advocacy groups, academic research and investigative journalists that align with Soros’ oft-stated goal to promote globalized capitalism and democracy.

On the other hand, the Panama Papers’ leaker, known as John Doe, said that he had exposed the vast cluster of offshore firms and bank accounts, because “income inequality” and “massive, pervasive corruption” are “the defining issues of our time.”

Soros’ offshore companies may not pay U.S. taxes (his spokesperson, Michael Vachon, declined to answer that question), but the billionaire donates lots of money to Democrats who write and enforce the tax laws. In the 2004 presidential election, he contributed $24 million to George Bush’s opponents. He is the largest donor to Hillary Clinton’s campaign for the presidency, plunking down $8 million, so far. He has donated “up to $1 million” to the Clinton Foundation. And Secretary of State Clinton’s emails reveal that Soros has lobbied her on behalf of his interests, which encircle the globe, mostly in the dark.

Left wing no gymnastics. If he violated tax law he should be prosecuted.

7+ Year Old Account
    George Soros sketchy? This wasn't news 20+ years ago.

wasn't trump mentioned 3000 times in those same papers?

so when do we start prosecuting them all?

guess this is why he won't release his taxes..don't want you to see he paid 2% tax because of all his tax havens going down

Here's my gymnastic program:

He seems like a sketchy person.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    If he broke tax law then he should be prosecuted. End of story.

What I can't keep track of if using the system to minimize your tax liability is a good thing because hey that's the system or a bad thing because hey pay your fair share. Never seems to be applied consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gobank...b_9897812.html

Trump's name appears over 3500 times in panama papers... If you have issues with Soros, might want to check your avatar...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Trump's name appears over 3500 times in panama papers... If you have issues with Soros, might want to check your avatar...
    i simply find this hilarious

Please.. laws are only for poor people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/05...ntel-firm.html

Not that its shocking, but it also appears that the Panama papers have revealed some of George Soro's shady dealings.

I wonder what mental gymnastics our left wing members of MMOC-OT will engage in to defend this revelation
    Since you changed the title of the article to state Soros has ties to corruption because his companies are mentioned in the database does Trump himself have ties to corruption since he is mentioned roughly 3600 times in the very same database? And I am sure you agree that anyone using tax loopholes are scumbags and should be treated as such right?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

No surprise, Open Society has been a total sham and scam operation for the entire time it has been in business. I do like all the immediate Trump slagging instead of focusing on the fact that one of the premiere leftist/Democrat money guys is doing this.

Everyone regardless of their party or affiliation should have this blow up in their face. That said it's especially good to stick it to holier than thou types like Soros who always publicly operate on that feelsgood principle while doing shady garbage behind the scenes. If what you're doing is so exceptional and good, do it right.

Of course tax havens are just part of the entire problem. Both parties and of course unaffiliateds take advantage of them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Since you changed the title of the article to state Soros has ties to corruption because his companies are mentioned in the database does Trump himself have ties to corruption since he is mentioned roughly 3600 times in the very same database? And I am sure you agree that anyone using tax loopholes are scumbags and should be treated as such right?
    Yes?

LOL

Why is it that just because someone dislikes someone on the far left that they are assumed to be a trump supporter?

Trump is a narcissistic egomaniac. I'm writing in Gen. Mad dawg mattis.

Maybe Soros and Trump can share a prison cell? I think there would be a rip in the fabric of space if they are in the same room though, to much doucheyness for one universe.

Deleted
    Still waiting for that disgusting jew to kick the bucket. Won't be long hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Still waiting for that disgusting jew to kick the bucket. Won't be long hopefully.

Come for the Anti-Semitic remark

Stay for the sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that just because someone dislikes someone on the far left that they are assumed to be a trump supporter?
    Why is it that you blame disliking someone on the left for your association with Trump and not your avatar? I thought you were a Trump supporter, because of your avatar, not the content of your post.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes?

LOL

Maybe Soros and Trump can share a prison cell? I think there would be a rip in the fabric of space if they are in the same room though, to much doucheyness for one universe.
    Sorry to think you are a Trump supporter. You write like one. Natural mistake and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Go away.

/10

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that you blame disliking someone on the left for your association with Trump and not your avatar? I thought you were a Trump supporter, because of your avatar, not the content of your post.
    No I base it on his posts. I am the first to admit if he states he is not, he's not.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Its okay guys, he just wants to be anonymous too. Emma Watson's publicist made this quite clear.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Sorry to think you are a Trump supporter. You write like one. Natural mistake and all.
    Just a note about your avatar... because I have not seen any report on it mentioned... In USSR, while Lithuania was still part of it, them wearing Adidas (notice the 3 stripes) has a little rhyme that goes with it... It's pronounced something like:

'Kto nosit firmu Adidas, tot nostayashi pedaras.'

Translated to:

'Who wears brand name Adidas, is a real pederast.'

Trumps name is a brand, soros name isn't a brand.

Yes?

LOL

why? because you threw out "I wonder what mental gymnastics our left wing members of MMOC-OT will engage in to defend this revelation" Pretty clear you have deep bias. Add on your avatar.