Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Reputation Rewards are Pathetic

I have never in my entire life felt that any of the reputation rewards ANY faction in the entire game offers you is worth the Grind at all, they are simply, all crap!

What is the point of Grinding Therazane for example? Yeah, I get the expansion is old, but she doesen't sell recepies or anything, she sell a tabard and some outdated enchanments. Not recepies, direct one use enchantments that aren't useful for anything. They may have been Useful back in cata, but even then, you could get MUCH better Enchants.

Another example is the Golden lotus. Two weeks doing constant dailies for Crap rewards. They literally sell patterns that are worse than LFR gear. What the hell is even the point?

Don't even get me started on the Garbage rep rewards for WoD either. Some stupid potions you can only use in zones you're never in, and some stupid mounts and pets

"But Bamyouhaveaids, some people farm Reputation rewards for mounts and pets." Grinding for some stupid mounts and pets that I have enough of from before, doesen't really make it justified to make all these cool factions if their rewards are shit! I love Therazane, but doing quests for her is so boring because I know that I'll get nothing in return, even in Cataclysm, you really got nothing in return aside from a couple of mounts.

Can blizzard please make it so Reputation rewards doesent suck? What about making Rep rewards an alternate way for filthy casuals like me to gain good gear without commiting to a Raid? They take weeks upon weeks of Daily quests to complete, and we get nothing back for it. Giving use some useful things like POWERFUL Consumables, Armor and some Cool Mounts and transmogs.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2016-05-05 at 06:18 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post

Can blizzard please make it so Reputation rewards doesent suck? What about making Rep rewards an alternate way for filthy casuals like me to gain good gear without commiting to a Raid? They take weeks upon weeks of Daily quests to complete, and we get nothing back for it. Giving use some useful things like POWERFUL Consumables, Armor and some Cool Mounts and transmogs.

It's been like that before hence BC, Wrath, MoP had it as well, no idea what you're talking about (amber scorpion was one, shado pan helmet was a badass transmog from the shado pan rep). You seem to be really confused because we definitely had rewards in MoP, and we have them in WoD but the rep grinds in WoD are dumb. No idea what you're talking about, transmog/mounts has been part of the rep grind for a long time including the current expac.

I couldn't live without my water strider

I have still done champion seals to purchase BOA gear, I loved doing those dailies, not even joking lol, the mecho hog schematic

I know we used to do a bunch for profession recipes that were not gear like gems food recipes I do agree most times they are not worth it, but a side thing to most who like it or like the achievements and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of Grinding Therazane for example? Yeah, I get the expansion is old, but she doesen't sell recepies or anything, she sell a tabard and some outdated enchanments. Not recepies, direct one use enchantments that aren't useful for anything. They may have been Useful back in cata, but even then, you could get MUCH better Enchants.
    Back then they were the only source of shoulder enchantments, I think it was. Earthen Ring was the head. So they were necessary if you wanted to raid or optimize your gear.

Another example is the Golden lotus. Two weeks doing constant dailies for Crap rewards. They literally sell patterns that are worse than LFR gear. What the hell is even the point?
    That's last expansion, so I'm not sure why you're mad that the rep sells patterns that were good then when it's been what? Four years?

Don't even get me started on the Garbage rep rewards for WoD either. Some stupid potions you can only use in zones you're never in, and some stupid mounts and pets

"But Bamyouhaveaids, some people farm Reputation rewards for mounts and pets." Grinding for some stupid mounts and pets that I have enough of from before, doesen't really make it justified to make all these cool factions if their rewards are shit! I love Therazane, but doing quests for her is so boring because I know that I'll get nothing in return, even in Cataclysm, you really got nothing in return aside from a couple of mounts.

People bitched so much about good stuff being hidden behind reps, so they took it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some factions need some better rewards, but what I really think is that the rewards should be free...

It is supposed to be a FUCKING REWARD. The fact that you have to buy rewards is absurd. There is no reason for a gold sink like that... The people who have a lot of gold are literally not affected in the least by reputation gold sinks... They can drop the hundreds of thousands of gold to get all the mounts and its like .01% of their gold.

Meanwhile, I don't fuck around with my garrison, I never play the AH, don't farm much... Just play (a lot) normally... And then boom all of my gold vanishing buying my "rewards" for grinding the reps.

Its so stupid.

If they want a gold sink then add some shit tier transmog vendor who sells vanity items for millions of gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have never in my entire life felt that any of the reputation rewards ANY faction in the entire game offers you is worth the Grind at all, they are simply, all crap!

What you are talking about is outdated content. It is not in anyway supposed to be rewarding for players of higher lvls. Sure, the reputation rewards are pretty bad at lvl 100-110, but you are not meant or forced into doing the reputation grind. Going exalted with older reputations are the work of completionists; people who see the trip as the best reward. Also, getting new mounts, tabards or titles, is really more then enough for a lot of people, myself included.

But we can agree, that WoD rewards are very dumb and are proberly gonna be the least played rep content in all of WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from Dar's points (with which I agree ) you also need to view some of the rewards in the context of when they might be earned. For example, Wildhammer rep in Cata rewarded a decent blue pre-raid helmet for hunters. So, if you were a middle of the road raider you might well rep up with the dorfs just to improve that slot from what you had when you first dinged if it was the first month or two of the expansion.

But if it was later, there might be crafted stuff for reasonable prices or SFK might be more easily run, so you had other options. And, of course, if you already had a helm from another source the rep was not that useful.

Bottom line: You look at the rep when it's current and figure out if it has anything you want. Yes? rep up. No? Move on.

I think MC should drop 780 ilvl gear with socket on every piece because god it's far from my garrisson

If you are unhappy with the reputation rewards, then do not do them? WHAT!?! What is this!?! CHOICE???

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    If you are unhappy with the reputation rewards, then do not do them? WHAT!?! What is this!?! CHOICE???
    What is this? No content!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What is this? No content!?!?
    Just because you think the rewards suck it does not mean it doesn't exist. Shitty rewards is a separate issue.
    Last edited by Punisher069; 2016-05-05 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Back then they were the only source of shoulder enchantments, I think it was. Earthen Ring was the head. So they were necessary if you wanted to raid or optimize your gear.

That's last expansion, so I'm not sure why you're mad that the rep sells patterns that were good then when it's been what? Four years?

People bitched so much about good stuff being hidden behind reps, so they took it out.
    Im talking about how the PLans from the Golden lotus was still worse than LFR gear back in MoP. I get now that Therazane should enchants were useful way back then, but mostly faction rewards are still garbage
    An'u belore delen'na

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Im talking about how the PLans from the Golden lotus was still worse than LFR gear back in MoP. I get now that Therazane should enchants were useful way back then, but mostly faction rewards are still garbage
    They weren't. The plans were for 496 gear and LFR dropped 478 gear. Faction rewards were for pre-raiding/raiding suplements/casuals, at least that's how it worked in the TBC-MoP period.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    The original plans were not worse. 496 was the current tier when that rep was first starting out, and raiders farmed the rep to make gear prior to the tier (and during it). I remember farming those reps like crazy to craft stuff for our guild prior to raiding.

Yes, it fell out of favor fast by the time the 2nd tier came out and LFR was dropping higher-level stuff, but it was definitely worth it initially. Also, the rep was the only source for some of the leg enchants early on in the expansion.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think it fell out for LFR-raiders until SoO because the second tier dropped 489 instead of 478, so even the 496 was still better.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-05 at 07:33 PM.

I love my Shattered Sun tabard, I've done that rep numerous times, like my cloud serpents, so rewards are very subjective. As long as it's not the WoD kill X mob for 5 rep (thank god for those medallions), I'm happy with rewards like tabards, mounts and xmog items.

I absolutely love the mounts offered by many reputations. So they are definately worth the grind for them.

Deleted
    They should bring back tbc reputation rewards, good items that will benefit you in raid, also enchants and recipes and mounts. i remember looking at the rep rewards in mop and thinking, what the actual fuck are these items..

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The original plans were not worse. 496 was the current tier when that rep was first starting out, and raiders farmed the rep to make gear prior to the tier (and during it). I remember farming those reps like crazy to craft stuff for our guild prior to raiding.

Yes, it fell out of favor fast by the time the 2nd tier came-
    It fell out of favor the moment you reached Heart of Fear/Terrace Heroic. Months before the second tier. I always felt the gear was barely worth the effort of farming if you were raiding anyway - that said, I remember (at the beginning of WoD) being actually upset when a non-raider in our group got a 640 upgrade on their Trial weapon when mine was 620 and honestly it barely mattered.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea anyrhing useful would be immediately mandatory for progression raiding and we know how well that works...m..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea anyrhing useful would be immediately mandatory for progression raiding and we know how well that works...m..
    Yep. Blizzard really needs to tell the people who keep saying "but I'm FORCED TO... " to grow some. Meaningful gear rewards were removed because some hardcore wannabes whined all the time about having to get them (the real hardcore either just manned up and did it or bypassed them because they're actually good).