Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    When I started the game up this beta week (been in 2 before) I accidentally put myself in AI match, figured what the hell finish it out. It was such a face roll that I got 47 kills 0 deaths and we pinned the ai in the starter box.
    I have friends that only play hots vrs ai and when I play with them it has to be against ai but at least there is a modicum of challenge there, you are most likely going to win it is just a matter of getting from A to Z, in Overwatch vs ai you go straight to Z, gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    When I started the game up this beta week (been in 2 before) I accidentally put myself in AI match, figured what the hell finish it out. It was such a face roll that I got 47 kills 0 deaths and we pinned the ai in the starter box.
    I have friends that only play hots vrs ai and when I play with them it has to be against ai but at least there is a modicum of challenge there, you are most likely going to win it is just a matter of getting from A to Z, in Overwatch vs ai you go straight to Z, gg.
    There are different difficulty settings for the AI. Hard is pretty brutal to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There are different difficulty settings for the AI. Hard is pretty brutal to be honest.
    I can confirm this. While the AI was really weak in closed beta, the hard difficulty in open beta is pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    I can confirm this. While the AI was really weak in closed beta, the hard difficulty in open beta is pretty brutal.
    Yeah, it's to the extent that I really wish they they either

A) Made Medium slightly harder

B) Made Hard slightly easier

C) Added a new difficulty between Medium and Hard

Right now, Medium is a little too easy, and Hard can almost be worse than a match with actual players. Like DeadmanWalking said, HotS actually hits a nice sweet spot with it's Versus AI, where you're still probably gonna win in the end, but it's a nice challenge along the way. I was really hoping that Overwatch's Versus AI would be like that as well.

As for why some of us prefer Versus AI to straight PVP, just like with HotS, I really enjoy the characters in Overwatch, and like the idea of playing them, but don't really think I'm good enough to play at a competitive level, and don't relish the idea of rubbing shoulders with PVPers like the OP. I sense they're the kind of people who rage at the slightest perceived mistake, and probably wouldn't want me in their matches anyway.

Believe me, I really wish there was an actual single player component to Overwatch, but I kind have to make do with what Blizzard ended up putting out.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something that works in a lot of situations in life, if you dont understand why others are doing something, dont judge it. Its fine to disagree with something you understand, but if you dont even understand someone elses point of view, the issue lies with you, and not with them.

Also, im pretty sure ive read that experience, achievements, skins etc. are going to be reset for release. This would mean anyone who already has played versions of the beta before might already have decided wether to play the game or not. Others might just wait for release since they dont feel its worth doing things twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    The average waiting time for the quick match games is 0:58 sec. Few moments ago I was in a queue for 2:11 minutes, and still not getting into a game. On the other hand, the average wait time for matches against medium AI is 0:02 sec. I got in after 5 seconds of waiting. Stop with the care bear crap, folks, and start playing the game.
    psh. still better than getting matched with a team of 10s against a team with 3 40s and a 35. so many games with matchmaking and blizzard still sucks at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Maniac Maelle View Post
    psh. still better than getting matched with a team of 10s against a team with 3 40s and a 35. so many games with matchmaking and blizzard still sucks at it.
    My matchmaking has been on point all week long, tho I triple queue with my 2 brothers and the only ''bad'' matchmaking was right after open beta when we were 22 and we got a 4/7/9 on our side and they had 20/23/19/14/15/13, but I still take that over spending minutes longer in queue.

Also while matchmaking has been shit in HoTS for ages its a bit premature to QQ about matchmaking when something is in early acces beta and then in open beta, you get all walks of people at all times of day.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    My matchmaking has been on point all week long, tho I triple queue with my 2 brothers and the only ''bad'' matchmaking was right after open beta when we were 22 and we got a 4/7/9 on our side and they had 20/23/19/14/15/13, but I still take that over spending minutes longer in queue.

Also while matchmaking has been shit in HoTS for ages its a bit premature to QQ about matchmaking when something is in early acces beta and then in open beta, you get all walks of people at all times of day.
    chances are its the same matchmaking as all their other games, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously... Man up, people...
    Few moments ago I was in a queue for 2:11 minutes
    2:11 minutes
    ... Title on this is strangely ironic isn't it? Waiting 2 minutes, how dreadful.
    /S

But really though, don't see why it matters what people play.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    also alot of people are playing Ai cause its faster ques, me and my freinds in a 6 man qued for 20 mins.... gave up and did hard AI
    I'm at 4 second queues at the moment... 3:23AM O_o
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Something that is weird to me is that there's 30k viewers on twitch for Overwatch, now that there is a short open beta and everyone can finally play the game.

Yeah the queue has been at around 5+ min for me when I queue up with my friends. The solo queue was faster. I guess the MM looks for better matches or something and thats whats taking time but MM is doing a poor job. I mean the games are horribly one sided, every time.

Hots MM is better than this.

My ques are usually 30< seconds unless I'm in a full party
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah the queue has been at around 5+ min for me when I queue up with my friends. The solo queue was faster. I guess the MM looks for better matches or something and thats whats taking time but MM is doing a poor job. I mean the games are horribly one sided, every time.

Hots MM is better than this.
    the only close games i get are when one team is crushing the other, then the enemy team leaves and gets replaced by people three times better and they come back.

*shrug*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I'm at 4 second queues at the moment... 3:23AM O_o
    well your responding like 2 days after i made that post?