Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Guess I remember wrong. Coulda sworn the last release was only 100k less than previous.
    I'm pretty sure you are remembering right, I remember a 100k difference one around the time tokens came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    SO college professors, news outlets, wikis etc who want sources are just afraid of truth? You claim it you provide the source.
    And to add to this good luck getting someone to look up a source that runs counter to their belief. It is safe to say most people are a bit biased.

LOL I was rightish.
    Q2 2015 5.6
    Q3 2015 5.5
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...-to-55-million
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are remembering right, I remember a 100k difference one around the time tokens came out.
    Source? There was a 300k loss following token release in April 2015 maybe you're thinkin of that?

Meh don't care if they are losing wow subs/money, as long as it keeps going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember when people didn't give a shit about sub numbers even when they were reporting them?
    Well, yeah. Before they started declining. It's like how you don't talk about how bad your cookie situation is if the cookie jar is full.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You seriously are going to try to compare the costs of some private server and what it would cost to run an actual Blizzard server? lmao
    Ye best not to talk to the legacy crowd as there not that smart with real life cost for example he didnt factor in electric,bandwith,backup servers,Building,Insurance,pensions,sick leave,corporation tax,Cleaners and many more things but you get the rough idea

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    How is this anymore credible than speculation, I wonder?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Financial analysts have already long since sailed on wow being a focal point of Activision-Blizzard revenue. It's barely even on the radar anymore when they look at it and they already think of it as end-of-life. They are far more interested now in COD, Destiny, HS, Overwatch, etc. It's *gamers* that are the only ones that still think of wow being 90% of Activision-Blizzard revenue still (and it's not). It's an important IP in the long run and potential for whatever in the wow universe Blizz does next, but they hardly think of wow when anymore it comes to revenue. The analysts are incredibly sharp folks that pour over the data, and they know full-well the stats were a steady line of decline since 2010/11 for wow. And they are primarily interested in future income, which explains why they barely think of wow as a blip in the portfolio anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm there are quite a few mmos that are still going with a survivable playerbase older than wow.
    Which is why i said 'millions of players'. Those MMOs survive on small but devoted communities which is fine. The biggest MMO on the block finally losing a solid chunk of subs after 10+ years is being treated as doom and gloom even as they have millions of subs still active. Over analyzing quarterly reports is pointless.

So what? Is it the end of the world? WoW isn't dying. Its not like its any of the other shitty MMO's out there.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Source? There was a 300k loss following token release in April 2015 maybe you're thinkin of that?
    post above yours, http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...-to-55-million

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    How is this anymore credible than speculation, I wonder?
    It is just speculation under the guise of 'napkin math' and other random shit.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    So... Not really credible at all... :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

post above yours, http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...-to-55-million

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sorry I linked q2 2014.

Uh napkin math is speculation. I never tried to say 3mil was anything but a guesstimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    So... Not really credible at all... :|

It isn't blind speculation, it is application of available data. Sure, it might be off by a bit, but it's simply not the case that it is flatly incorrect speculation. When you have evidence supporting a range of outcomes A through D, it isn't unreasonable to speculate within that range. It is unreasonable to blindly say "you're making it up". There is a very big difference between blindly guessing, and guessing based on the currently available information.

The OP outlined his reasoning, and it was based on previous data and trends. If you want to say he is wrong, you should probably atleast attempt to describe why those trends are not applicable.

I don't have a vested interest one way or the other; I play WoW when I feel like it because I enjoy it, but it always amazes me that people are happy to ignore evidence because it isn't proven fact; most proven facts started with someone trying to describe the likely outcome of a set of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Yeah sorry I linked q2 2014.

Uh napkin math is speculation. I never tried to say 3mil was anything but a guesstimate.
    I still wonder what the point of this thread is. You are already talking about post-Legion future of the game without even you know, having Legion released yet. Just seems like a thinly veiled attempt to swipe at WoW and have more of the pro-Legacy spillover happen here.

Deleted
    So they are hiding the the WoW revenue as well. Yes not showing it is hiding it. Call it cease of disclosure. Semantics. Its the same. You can't deny it.

Now what cluelesss bullshit are whiteknights going to claim now to refuse to acknowledge that things changed for WoW?

'Investors do not care about subs...revenue duhh! It does not matter to them lol stupid clueless whining doomsday preacher! I know because duhhh!' ?
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-05-06 at 03:52 AM.

I still wonder what the point of this thread is. You are already talking about post-Legion future of the game without even you know, having Legion released yet. Just seems like a thinly veiled attempt to swipe at WoW and have more of the pro-Legacy spillover happen here.
    I apologise. I was too quick to post this and not provide any mathematical evidence to back it up.
    The intent is to reverse engineer subscription numbers by comparing previous quarterly announcements to the most recent one. Most discussions about wow include speculation regarding sub numbers and my initial view indicates it's around 3 million.

As I've already noted I'll do some more thoughtout data analysis and provide evidence to either back my initial view up or refute it.
    Again, sorry for posting before doing this due diligence. Expect it'll take a few hours time tonight to write

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Hearthstone is the new hotness now.

So much cheaper to produce too - just 2D artwork; the rest is game balancing as usual.

Good lord, MMOs really are dying.

Or at least WoW is.

I wonder how other MMOs are doing. Sustainable? EOLing?

It will be really sad to see the genre die.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    SO college professors, news outlets, wikis etc who want sources are just afraid of truth? You claim it you provide the source.
    I meant on the forums and you know it. Don't be intentionally obtuse.