Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mildly upset that vol'jin died, even as an alliance player. Sure I guess you could argue that he has already had a pretty fleshed out story, but when they made him warchief of the horde, they placed him on the cusp of some amazing character development. There was so much potential, and for him to be dead would mean all we got out of that potential was 3 garrison cutscenes during WoD. He still better be MIA. I'm okay with Varian's death, because he's done a lot and developed already, it only makes sense that he passes on the torch to Anduin so he can develop too. However, I seriously hope Blizz didnt just kill off vol'jin so alliance players won't whine that blizz favors horde. The story needs SOME asymmetry.

On another note:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...kholdarena.jpg
    Getting some massive Dark Souls vibes from that image. Maybe it's because of the grey, ruined environment and the orc on the far end has a glowing red sword.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Actually Yenniku you speak of was not his son, the quest giver Nimboya later admitted that it was his son after all.
    So no information about his offspring. Secondly - even if he would have one that emerges out of nowhere immediately it would feel very anticlimatic, and people would be "who the hell are you?"

the biggest issue I have is that all this development he received went for nothing. It was absolutely pointless, and he is the most underhwelming Warchief by now.
    i dunno, i read he is the vol1jin son indeed, and the gurubashi have this thing about trade childs, and the Nymboia dialogue was changed

btw, i agree, they have a big problem, and i think we will have a entire expansion with another race with not racial leaders at all

...Wait, I'm fine with Varian, but Vol'jin?? I do hope this is a case of assumption because he's MIA and not fact...he does have that mask on.

Deleted
    I don't know... But why on earth would they give Khadgar what I would refer to as "the french peado mustasche" in the movie trailer, let alone the actual movie?

They really gotta get this, everything must be balanced between Horde and Alliance, shit aside. Nice cheap way to write in more war later between horde and alliance. Sylvanas is leader, Genn hates her, after legion they can war! Yay! Sylvanas as warchief is well...so hacked. The one time Alliance character, turned undead by manipulated Alliance hero, leads undead, to then lead Horde. The Orcs, Tauren and Trolls I'm sure are thrilled. Goblins etc could give two shits as they have no lore anyways. Not a real huge fan of this. Maybe one day the horde leader won't die or step down in an expansion, but I won't hold my breathe as this is the new trend for Horde. Maybe she'll be a raid boss next expansion and Thrall will return to lead. That would be some Ace writing....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Mildly upset that vol'jin died, even as an alliance player. Sure I guess you could argue that he has already had a pretty fleshed out story, but when they made him warchief of the horde, they placed him on the cusp of some amazing character development. There was so much potential, and for him to be dead would mean all we got out of that potential was 3 garrison cutscenes during WoD. He still better be MIA. I'm okay with Varian's death, because he's done a lot and developed already, it only makes sense that he passes on the torch to Anduin so he can develop too. However, I seriously hope Blizz didnt just kill off vol'jin so alliance players won't whine that blizz favors horde. The story needs SOME asymmetry.

On another note:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...kholdarena.jpg
    Getting some massive Dark Souls vibes from that image. Maybe it's because of the grey, ruined environment and the orc on the far end has a glowing red sword.
    That elf holding that sword is awful art. I don't even know where to start on that.

Soooo ugly Login Screen! Composition fail!

Yikes, it literally looks like they got people from the local community college to star in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    They really gotta get this, everything must be balanced between Horde and Alliance, shit aside. Nice cheap way to write in more war later between horde and alliance. Sylvanas is leader, Genn hates her, after legion they can war! Yay! Sylvanas as warchief is well...so hacked. The one time Alliance character, turned undead by manipulated Alliance hero, leads undead, to then lead Horde. The Orcs, Tauren and Trolls I'm sure are thrilled. Goblins etc could give two shits as they have no lore anyways. Not a real huge fan of this. Maybe one day the horde leader won't die or step down in an expansion, but I won't hold my breathe as this is the new trend for Horde. Maybe she'll be a raid boss next expansion and Thrall will return to lead. That would be some Ace writing....

- - - Updated - - -

That elf holding that sword is awful art. I don't even know where to start on that.
    You know this is coming.

Deleted
    It's about time he's dead, useless and boring troll character just like 99% of all other trolls in WoW.

ugh... wish they would stop posting screenshots of the movie at this rate i wont have to go an see it at the cinema -
    The more you post the more you are making me not want to see it - imo movie looks shit so far and by posting more and more pictures you are just confirming my suspicions :/

go watch this movie even though we keep putting FN spoilers on the front page! ... jeeze

no hype at all for this movie and i love wow .. meh

---

lol killing all the Warchiefs - who is writing the story line for wow? George RR Martin?
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-05-07 at 08:42 AM.

I wish they give trolls much better plot, oen of the most ancient races on Azeroth and all we ever did was some ugly and not even lore-wise made dungeons and few Zandalari bosses in MoP... WTF Blizzard, if you create races other than Orcs, Humans and Elves, atleast give them some story and moments of Glory... -_-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must say the movie is shaping up well. They really nailed the blue-screen made-for-TV feel.

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

As Alliance, I could pass over Varian death, there's too many Alliance characters, but Vol'jin, really??? WTF Blizzard??? Fucking Blizzard idiots, turning Wow into Game of thrones!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    ugh... wish they would stop posting screenshots of the movie at this rate i wont have to go an see it at the cinema -
    The more you post the more you are making me not want to see it - imo movie looks shit so far and by posting more and more pictures you are just confirming my suspicions :/

go watch this movie even though we keep putting FN spoilers on the front page! ... jeeze

---

lol killing all the Warchiefs - who is writing the story line for wow? George RR Martin?
    Sarcasm or ophthalmologist?

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Sarcasm or ophthalmologist?

good question

A little from column A and a little from column B lol
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-05-07 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    I don't know... But why on earth would they give Khadgar what I would refer to as "the french peado mustasche" in the movie trailer, let alone the actual movie?
    So much THIS ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post

---

Don't slight the greatest high fantasy writer of all time. With his innovative writing detailed feasts, sex scenes and ending all story lines with killing the person you didn't want him to kill! Then digging up so heir to some kingdom somewhere to swoop in and replace them. The man is a fucking genius!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I must say the movie is shaping up well. They really nailed the blue-screen made-for-TV feel.
    No way! He's really there!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks fine to me. I think the elf's sword is a bit oversized but i like it nonetheless.

Don't slight the greatest high fantasy writer of all time. With his innovative writing detailed feasts, sex scenes and ending all story lines with killing the person you didn't want him to kill! Then digging up so heir to some kingdom somewhere to swoop in and replace them. The man is a fucking genius!
    yes i know he is. i love Game of Thrones and i cant wait for the next Episode.
    Dude i wasn't knocking him.. all i was saying was most of the Warchiefs (or main characters) are getting killed off..... like in the show
    no-one is safe!

What is dead may never die xxxx