Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so basically its a class to teach everyone they are a special snowflake being an obese landwhale is healthy u should feel guilty for being white over the actions that happened hundreds of years ago ect ect and watch what i just typed will prob get infracted yay fascism
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Then we're going back to the thick skin part. Their harm is related to one's sensibility, that is, as said, you only let them get to you if you choose so. We've all been hurt in our lives, but not all of us want words or certain forms of speech to be bannable because of it.

Speaking of which, these outlandish (or maybe not so much) examples that often see plastered here on GenOT are actions. Instead of having of a proper discussion on the matter, we're suposedly seeing outrights bans on the grounds of offense.

Take the recent and ridiculous example of the now internet meme Trigglypuff. She and the like are taking action through their words. They were being deliberately obtuse and rude because of the speakers present at the stage.

One thing the comedian had right: that part of the crowd couldn't wait for the Q&A...
    As I said, some people do have really thin skin and need to tough up.

But again, to reiterate, words are not wholly harmless if you just "get thick skin". Words sway people, they change our social structures, it changes how people think of us and others, it changes how people treat us and others. A single offhanded insult doesn't mean much. Someone going out of their way to insult you every chance they get is harassment, and it's more about the lengths they go to to make sure they insult you at every chance, than what they actually say.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    so basically its a class to teach everyone they are a special snowflake being an obese landwhale is healthy u should feel guilty for being white over the actions that happened hundreds of years ago ect ect and watch what i just typed will prob get infracted yay fascism
    It is not a class, and no, it isn't about that at all. Have you read the linked article?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Rarely has such eloquence been combined with a total lack of grammar and punctuation, it's like a stream of consciousness spitting mad truths

While not quite as eloquent as I would have put it, this seems to be the case.

Social justice looks wholly beneficial upon first or even second glance. But once put under a microscope and revealed to include nonsense like fat-acceptance (not anti-shaming, but acceptance) and micro-aggressions, it loses its virtue in favor of saccharine totalitarianism.

I was one of those people who went full Marxist "down with the bourgeoisie racists" in college. So much so that I almost completely killed my relationship with my parents and loved ones. I was exposed to these ideas by people who openly identified as Marxists who told history from that perspective, using their authority to impress upon me a reality that simply did not exist. Yes, history is unsavory, but not all southerners were racist lynchers nor were all Americans war hungry savages hell bent on destabilizing the world.

These classes did help to encourage me to pursue teaching in inner-city and impoverished areas, but exposure to reality brought the realization that not all poor black Americans are pistol slinging gangsters and not all Hispanics are in support of illegal immigration. Simply put, the ideas crammed into my head were impractical and conflicted with my real world experiences, and we're readily abandoned when I discovered so, despite the fact that I was willing to damn an entire country to communism and abandoned all those who helped raise me. In the name of this social justice I was willing to destroy the very giants upon whose shoulders I stand.

Tl;dr: It misleads impressionable youth to take radical action against problems that seem dire when in reality, while definitely real and need to be addressed, simply do not shape the world in as radical a way as presented.

Edit: Apologies for grammar or spelling errors. I've been proctoring exams all day so my brain is more than a little dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

Social justice? xD People who get offended for nothing is justice?
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-05-06 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Social Justice needs to be re-termed as Social Vengeance.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So much for "to force"...
    And the very next paragraph:
    "This training initiative is intended to provide all students entering Oregon State University an orientation to concepts of diversity, inclusion and social justice and help empower all OSU students to contribute to an inclusive university community," according to the proposal.
    I'm not really sure what the part you quoted is supposed to prove to be honest. They asked students for input. Which says absolutely nothing either way. They didn't even comment how important student input is for them in the first place. Does anything stop them from ignoring it altogether? As it stands now, it's planned to be something for all of the new students.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Social justice? xD People who get offended for nothing is justice?
    Pretty much. Welcome to america.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because this is exactly what is meant by "discrimination". It's no different than refusing to hire women because they "don't work as hard as men", or not hiring blacks because they're "lazy". Literally the same thing, just directed at a different group.

If you want to exclude someone on any of those grounds, that is explicitly discrimination. It's racism, sexism, whatever -ism you want to label it as.

I really don't see why it's so hard to judge individuals based on their own merits, rather than trying to invent stereotypical fantasies about them and judge them through those fantasies. Which is what you're arguing for.
    So do you believe it would be discriminatory that a company always use a woman interviewer and require the prospective employee to shake her hand? Being that would very specifically be targeting a religion that believes woman are lesser beings?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Pretty much. Welcome to america.
    Is it spread in america?

7+ Year Old Account
    These half-wit "social engineering" cunts need to keep their fingers out of the education system. Colleges are service providers, paid to educate our young adults and that's all they should be doing. There should be no "social"-or "feels"-based politics involved. Do your fucking job and teach them to be useful. Nothing else. It's like being required to attend a class on Jesus when you order food from Chick-Fil-A.

Is it spread in america?
    Its mainly in colleges, but its destroyed the comic book industry and is ebbing away at the gaming industry. Its also highly prevalent online, but shit everything is online.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Oregon. University. All I needed to see here.

Definitely sending my daughter to a technical school or some type of non University. These places are cesspits that everyone who wants to keep their brain should avoid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Jesus Christ, are you guys so anti-PC, social justice that you don't realize all of this shit you did while in school? You remember when those kids got caught smoking pot on campus and then a couple weeks later the school had an assembly with D.A.R.E? Or when there was a fight or a suicide or something and then you had an assembly on bullying? I'm sure your Freshmen orientation had some shit like this. But anything to be outraged eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Jesus Christ, are you guys so anti-PC, social justice that you don't realize all of this shit you did while in school? You remember when those kids got caught smoking pot on campus and then a couple weeks later the school had an assembly with D.A.R.E? Or when there was a fight or a suicide or something and then you had an assembly on bullying? I'm sure your Freshmen orientation had some shit like this. But anything to be outraged eh?
    I don't remember it like this. I remember others being hit with a ruler if they stepped out of line. xD

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember it like this. I remember others being hit with a ruler if they stepped out of line. xD
    Can't do that stateside.

People would label it "abuse"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    I have no way of recalling something that I didn't experience.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

These schools are really losing sight on their main purpose.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

/shrug
    could be worse.