Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    And that's why the High Elves are one of the alliance Races with the most Screentime ingame?

I think it would be a good Subrace for the Alliance that would make some RPers happy, just like Undead High Elves for those who want to play a Dark Ranger, Mag'har Orcs, Taunka or Kargaths Haircut, so I can finally start a Shaman.
    If you want a legitimate way you can have your "high elves" the Alliance could scoop up the wretched, there is a fuck ton more of them than high elves and their story is more than "hey im a blood elf but blue, hope you don't want any lore because the Blood elves have it all, bonus points because you will never see your homeland again"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If you want a legitimate way you can have your "high elves" the Alliance could scoop up the wretched, there is a fuck ton more of them than high elves and their story is more than "hey im a blood elf but blue, hope you don't want any lore because the Blood elves have it all, bonus points because you will never see your homeland again"
    The High Elves are members of the Alliance and I don't see a reason why they should betray their friends and those who gave them a home, just to make Blood Elf Fanboys happy. I mean, it's not the most important Subrace for me, I would prefer Human Models that don't look like the youngest face is 40 years old and addicted to steroids and some better Worgen Models, but it would make some people happy, without stealing something from the Horde. If I'm honest, I would prefer Half-Elves and some lore for them over High Elves, but I see why people want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The High Elves are members of the Alliance
    all five of them.

I don't see a reason why they should betray their friends and those who gave them a home,
    They betrayed their race and country once already, Friends is close behind.

I would prefer Half-Elves
    why? why not choose a serious race like Vrykul/naga/ anything else that forces Blizzard to atleast try to write a good story
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Oh well, Friendylimmolation is right, I was wrong, but, just to keep the conversation from becoming an endless loop of repeating the same thing, here's a quick question. If Blizzard retconned High Elves into being more numerous, something like Gnomes, would you be okay with them being a subrace? And, overall, do you think they should be retconned into being a bit more numerous?

Deleted
    why? why not choose a serious race like Vrykul/naga/ anything else that forces Blizzard to atleast try to write a good story
    I don't know. I liked them somehow in the Corebooks and think Blizz could have made some good story with them, a better one than with the High Elves. They don't were united, but in the Corebooks it was stated than many Half Elves would like to have a own Country for their kind. Vrykul would be cool, but I can only see them as a Horde Race. For Cataclysm they would have been a good race for another Paladin Race. I don't like Naga that much and can't see them as playable race. Flying Arakkoa would be a interesting race for the Alliance, with the cursed ones as Subrace, Mantis would have been a cool Horde Race (especially as mirror Race, so both Factions would have a race with flying Racial :P). There are not many races left, there would be more Classes that would be interesting.

Like Moonpriests for the Night Elves and Shadow Hunters for the Trolls with the SWTOR-Class System (giving each class the same mechanics but differend animations and spell names). I also would love to see the Animations and Spell Names of Classes changed, to fit their Race more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Oh well, Friendylimmolation is right, I was wrong, but, just to keep the conversation from becoming an endless loop of repeating the same thing, here's a quick question. If Blizzard retconned High Elves into being more numerous, something like Gnomes, would you be okay with them being a subrace? And, overall, do you think they should be retconned into being a bit more numerous?
    It, in my opinion cheapens the blood elf story by having them all of a sudden be more numerous, cheapens the genocide Arthas did and cheapens Kael'thas and his fall to insanity. Blood of the Highborne made it ridiculous as it was with having the high elves that did leave leave because they didn't want to kill mana wyrms. So if it was up to me, I wouldn't do any retcons because I feel it would damage backstory, but that is just my opinion on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I don't know. I liked them somehow in the Corebooks and think Blizz could have made some good story with them, a better one than with the High Elves. They don't were united, but in the Corebooks it was stated than many Half Elves would like to have a own Country for their kind. Vrykul would be cool, but I can only see them as a Horde Race. For Cataclysm they would have been a good race for another Paladin Race. I don't like Naga that much and can't see them as playable race. Flying Arakkoa would be a interesting race for the Alliance, with the cursed ones as Subrace, Mantis would have been a cool Horde Race (especially as mirror Race, so both Factions would have a race with flying Racial :P). There are not many races left, there would be more Classes that would be interesting.

Like Moonpriests for the Night Elves and Shadow Hunters for the Trolls with the SWTOR-Class System (giving each class the same mechanics but differend animations and spell names). I also would love to see the Animations and Spell Names of Classes changed, to fit their Race more.
    Id prefer the Alliance get high Arrakoa, basically scarlet crusade but birds. That way more extreme Alliance players are happy, horde can have the broken Arakoa to fit the outcast theme,
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    It, in my opinion cheapens the blood elf story by having them all of a sudden be more numerous, cheapens the genocide Arthas did and cheapens Kael'thas and his fall to insanity. Blood of the Highborne made it ridiculous as it was with having the high elves that did leave leave because they didn't want to kill mana wyrms. So if it was up to me, I wouldn't do any retcons because I feel it would damage backstory, but that is just my opinion on it.
    I don't liked Blood of the Highborne, because it pretty much whitewashed the Blood Elves. In BC, it was pretty clear that they use fel energy for their addiction, the Blood Knights hated the holy Light and they were meant to be one of the more evil races of the Horde and the buddies of the Forsaken. We had pretty much a spiritual and shamansitic western Horde and a darker eastern Horde.

Id prefer the Alliance get high Arrakoa, basically scarlet crusade but birds. That way more extreme Alliance players are happy, horde can have the broken Arakoa to fit the outcast theme,
    Who are you and what did you do with Friendlyimmolation? :O

But I would totally play a High Arrakoa. Would be especially funny to have a race were female and male members look the same and only the voices differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't liked Blood of the Highborne, because it pretty much whitewashed the Blood Elves. In BC, it was pretty clear that they use fel energy for their addiction, the Blood Knights hated the holy Light and they were meant to be one of the more evil races of the Horde and the buddies of the Forsaken. We had pretty much a spiritual and shamansitic western Horde and a darker eastern Horde.
    even in BC you were tapping mana and not fel, if anything Blood of the Highborne showed jut how fucked up Rommath and the Blood knights are.

I've always said the High Arako should be Alliance for a harder edge.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    even in BC you were tapping mana and not fel, if anything Blood of the Highborne showed jut how fucked up Rommath and the Blood knights are.
    Yeah, but I always thought it was pretty clear that this funny green crystals contain fel.

I've always said the High Arako should be Alliance for a harder edge.
    If Horde would gets the Vrykul, what would be a good race for the Alliance?

But I would totally play a High Arrakoa. Would be especially funny to have a race were female and male members look the same and only the voices differ.
    I laughed way harder than I should've.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Horde would gets the Vrykul, what would be a good race for the Alliance?
    I always imagined Vrykul on the Alliance because of the Proto human thing, but if they were on the Horde.... Then I wouldnt be sure, Naga for the whole Vrykul vs Naga ordeal we have seen a few times?
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I always imagined Vrykul on the Alliance because of the Proto human thing, but if they were on the Horde.... Then I wouldnt be sure, Naga for the whole Vrykul vs Naga ordeal we have seen a few times?
    I thin Vrykul would fit more the Horde, I can't see them respecting the Humans or joining them.

Nagas would be pretty hard to implement because of the whole gender and mount thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thin Vrykul would fit more the Horde, I can't see them respecting the Humans or joining them.

Nagas would be pretty hard to implement because of the whole gender and mount thing.
    somone had a picture of how they would ride mounts, the armor thing is the hard part
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    somone had a picture of how they would ride mounts, the armor thing is the hard part
    Not to forget that every fighter class would be males only and every caster class females only.

The main reason I want playable high elves is because high elves/blood elves are my favorite race, but I can't bring myself to play Horde

As always. We have playable High Elves. they are called Blood Elves. Thats the best youre gonna get. wanna play high elf? go horde. There is no point in having a "subrace" of night elves being playable high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    If Elune is indeed a Naaru, then they need to go ahead and bring in Night Elf Paladins. We already have Mages now, so having Paladins too will remove the desire to have a High Elf playable race.
    yes. gotta quell that thirst to play one of the 5 High Elf Paladins. High Elves are mostly priests, there are very few of them who actually become Paladins. they don/t worship the light that strongly.

The Blood Elves require Fel Energy to survive. But since they abhor the demons, they figured out they can siphon any form of magic to satiate the thirst, thats what the sunwell is for. The ones in outland continued to siphon fel energy. it takes a lot of focus for the Blood Elves to control their addiction to Fel Energy. Those who can't, turn into the wretched.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blood Elves require Fel Energy to survive. But since they abhor the demons, they figured out they can siphon any form of magic to satiate the thirst, thats what the sunwell is for. The ones in outland continued to siphon fel energy. it takes a lot of focus for the Blood Elves to control their addiction to Fel Energy. Those who can't, turn into the wretched.
    They don't require fel energy to survive, they require arcane. The sunwell was Arcane. The reason their eyes are green is because Rommath used Fel energy to rebuild silvermoon, and it spreads like radiation
    Holy shit lol

It was stated that Gnomes vastly outnumber the High elves.

In relation to the playable races, Blizzard has stated that the high elves have a considerably smaller population than even the Gnomeregan Exiles.[27] High elves are a rare sight even in Alliance lands,[28] and are considered a fallen, all but extinct race.[29]

http://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf#Population

This is before
    -Every high elf living in theramore was killed
    -Every high elf minus the leader in the plague lands was killed
    -any casualties in MoP
    -The high elves that lived in stormwind being killed when Deathwing blew up the park

- Auric wants the High elves to rejoin the Blood elves.

Blizzard hasn't been kind on the High elves.
    And none of that matters since Blizzard constantly uses them in-game; it's a fictional universe, and Blizzard constantly dangles the carrot to the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Lort'themar only wanted to join the Alliance to use them as a meatsheild against Garrosh. He went back Full Horde once Vol'jin came out of hiding/jaina went apeshit, effectively sealing them with the Horde. He even yells "we are the Horde, we do not back down"

GC said that the Blizz team was not happy with how pandas turned out, and would probably not do something similar again.

Because it makes no sense, any story any attention, any lore will go to the Blood elves THE race, the Playable race if anything the subrace would go the Horde.
    No, Greg Street gave his OWN opinion on the subject.

https://twitter.com/occupygstreet/st...65802590384129
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8048264803
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-neutral-races
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-05-06 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And none of that matters since Blizzard constantly uses them in-game; it's a fictional universe, and Blizzard constantly dangles the carrot to the community.
    "I don't like the lore, so blizzard can change it whenever"

Top argument.

No, Greg Street gave his OWN opinion on the subject.
    They didn't want to deny ANYONE pandaren. The issue was obviously not a problem with High elves, because they gave them to the Horde.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    They didn't want to deny ANYONE pandaren. The issue was obviously not a problem with High elves, because they gave them to the Horde.
    Because of Marketing.