Are nigtborne blizzards replacement of Highborne amongst the NElves?

It's interesting thought. Basically, Highborne as highborne are largely a high/blood elf thing now, maybe part of the reason for developing the nightborne was to give a more recognizable version of the highborne - I mean they are called nightborne! And it's less confusing now, so when you think of highborne you will think of high elves and blood elves, and highborne on the night elves side will from now on be known as nightborne.

quoting another topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    The nightborne have too many strong cultural and familial ties to the night elves. The theme also contrasts greatly with blood/high elves - you know night vs day, sun vs moon/stars - I also feel the nightborne add nothing to what the blood elves already have/can do, but are like the missing component to the night elves. It also greatly feels like they intentionally evolved the highborne to a more night elven version, so as to make highborne clearly a High/Blood elf thing, and their equivalent on the night elf side to be nightborne.

I probably suspect they will either leave the shen'drelar as unique relics, but get away with it cos their numbers are so tiny, or just have them transform to nightborne via the nightwell, or have them join the high elves and turn into high elves via the sunwell.

Making it simple for players hence forth, Highborne = high/blood elf thing, Nightborne = night elf thing. Highborne night elves all became Nightborne in the end and this is how you distinguish them from normal night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It's interesting thought. Basically, Highborne as highborne are largely a high/blood elf thing now, maybe part of the reason for developing the nightborne was to give a more recognizable version of the highborne - I mean they are called nightborne! And it's less confusing now, so when you think of highborne you will think of high elves and blood elves, and highborne on the night elves side will from now on be known as nightborne.

quoting another topic:
    The Shen'drelar are not Nightborne. The Nightborne are not Night Elves. They're another mutation, just like the High/Blood Elves are.

The only thing the Nightborne have in common with the Night Elves is their sleep schedule.