Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is trade chat like in your server?

In frostmourne, trade chat is pretty much just like twitch chat, offensive and full of spam and nonsense. What is trade chat like in your server?

Proudmoore is all bullshit all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's about the same on all the servers I play on. Dead.

it's pure anarchy...mention gun control on a busy night (seriously try it, it's hilarious) and the server loses its mind for 2 hours. seriously it's like mmo-c without mods.

I play on farstriders, quiet adult server and it's still like that. i blame silver moon...ha

Dead or toxic as fuck. Like all chats.

I have no idea. On every character I have, Trade chat in a separate chat window that I never check... I would assume a lot of gold selling, Mythic carry selling, PvP mount selling, and trolling like in another other Trade chat.

Despite my best efforts of trade troll..pretty dead

Deleted
    Dead pretty much. Occasionally people offering HFC/CM boost for gold. Eredar-EU

In Vanilla WoW trade chat was actually quite entertaining. Even World defense chat was useful. But now too many of the social aspects are dead in WoW, including the chats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DankDoctor View Post
    In frostmourne, trade chat is pretty much just like twitch chat, offensive and full of spam and nonsense. What is trade chat like in your server?
    Argent Dawn, shit.. Especially when certain people keep spamming.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have trade closed on all my characters.

Guild recruitment spam, bots selling PvE/PvP boosts. Occasionally someone asking a question. Not really much discussion from what I've seen
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Home server, completely dead. AH servers, troll spam for days.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

I miss Ngarla. And Stormkid.

Gold spammers, anal spammers, same people that seem to always be on regardless of time of day.

A complete and utter cesspool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    A complete and utter cesspool
    Silvermoon EU for reference!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pretty banterific. Every now and then someone asks something like "Is it incest if I drink my sister's period" to stir up a wonderful shitstorm.

Why are people still in /trade or whatever worldchannel?
    1. trolls
    2. the spam of recruitmentmessages that do not work but trigger idiots that you don't want - recruiters, seriously... have you ever had any ANY luck with recruitmentspam in /trade ending up with a really good raider? Really?
    3. people that spam /trade with actual items - but almost never selling anything because people tend to go to the AH (strange right?)

Worldchatchannels are in fact obsolete and mainly used by fucking teens that think they are funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    High pop PvE-server = 95% boosting ads by bots and spammers
    High pop RP-server = Trolls, sometimes lenghty discussions about topics such as lore, politics, feminism, guild drama.
    Low pop RP-server = Mostly dead. People angrily calling out AH-undercutters or taking guildchat/private conversations to trade.

15+ Year Old Account
    EU-Burning Legion: cancer in Polish